CPU/Mobo Budget 15 to 17k

Tilak143

Disciple
Hello to all TE users, I'm from Mumbai, graduate, working in BPO. ;)

I would like to point out the fact that really you guys have made an awesome site dedicated to Tech users. :hap2:

Well now here comes the selfish part. lol I'm planning to upgrade the home PC without buying new Monitor. (I've Acer AL1912 19-inch LCD) the overall change would be on the lower part of my desk. ;)

As far with the help of my friend I've planned to buy the below mentioned MotherBoard, CPU & RAM. And I'm still looking for Cabinet with PS and HDD (500GB to 740GB). If in need I'll extend my budget till 17k.

Processor - AMD PHENOM X4 620 - 5500

AMD X4 620 Memory Controller Width

RAM - KINGSTON HYPER X 2 - 2200

MotherBoard

GA-MA78LMT-S2 (supports DDR3) - 5000
GA-MA78LMT-S2 (rev. 1.0) - GIGABYTE - Product - Motherboard - Overview

Gigabyte GA-MA78LMT-S2 Motherboard - GA-MA78LMT-S2 by: Gigabyte -
GA-MA785GM-US2H - 5500

GA-MA785GM-US2H (rev. 1.0) - GIGABYTE - Product - Motherboard - Overview

Gigabyte GA-MA785GM-US2H Motherboard - GA-MA785GM-US2H by: Gigabyte -

Any help/suggestion would do jolly good. ;)

Cabinet - CM Elite 330 -2k

PSU - Corsair VX450 -4k (Cheap Alternative is Gigabyte Superb 460W -2.2k)

HDD - WD Blue 500GB -2.5k..

Please be more Precise. the budget you've mentioned is including all stuffs or for PSU,CAB & HDD only??

naveen58 said:
Cabinet - CM Elite 330 -2k
PSU - Corsair VX450 -4k (Cheap Alternative is Gigabyte Superb 460W -2.2k)
HDD - WD Blue 500GB -2.5k..

Please be more Precise. the budget you've mentioned is including all stuffs or for PSU,CAB & HDD only??

all stuffs, sorry for the confusion. :)

hash said:
What purpose are you going to use the computer for ?
1.Games ?
2.Just Movies , Surfing?

well I do all - Games yes I play high end games, I love watching Movies/TV shows, surfing is what I do 24/7. ;)

Plus also I do encoding, use Photoshop, After Effects etc.

The main reason to post this over here is that I'm in need of some good Cabinet recommendations with or without PS so in future if I've to add Graphic card or something similar my system should be ready for it.

I am also in the process of finalising config for my pc From what I have collected/understood, I have some doubts here.

you mentioned : Processor - AMD PHENOM X4 620 - 5500
But is this what you meant : AMD athlon II X4 620 - 5500 (not phenom !!!)

2) you said : "I play high end games"
Somewhere I saw that if you want to play high-end games, L-3 cache is important/critical. ( Phenoms have L-3 cache and Athlons L-3 missing).

Just query others on L-3, if you want to play HIGH end games!

@Tilak143, 17K would be a tight budget if you want to upgrade the mobo, processor, HDD, RAM and cabinet with a decent PSU. And you are also considering buying a graphics card too..

frm.bhb said:
I am also in the process of finalising config for my pc From what I have collected/understood, I have some doubts here.

you mentioned : Processor - AMD PHENOM X4 620 - 5500
But is this what you meant : AMD athlon II X4 620 - 5500 (not phenom !!!)

2) you said : "I play high end games"
Somewhere I saw that if you want to play high-end games, L-3 cache is important/critical. ( Phenoms have L-3 cache and Athlons L-3 missing).

Just query others on L-3, if you want to play HIGH end games!

Actually it's Phenom only but I think somehow I've selected the wrong processor. Well I'm planning to take this one.

AMD Phenom II X3 720 2.8GHz 3 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 95W Triple-Core Black Processor. Rs.6,325.00/

Link - TheITWares -AMD Phenom II X3 720 2.8GHz 3 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 95W Triple-Core Black Processor - TheITWares

thanks for recommendations doesn't know L-3 cache is that important.

btw, frm.bhb may I ask what's your config? :)

mav3r1ck said:
@Tilak143, 17K would be a tight budget if you want to upgrade the mobo, processor, HDD, RAM and cabinet with a decent PSU. And you are also considering buying a graphics card too..

Gfx would be later but right now situation wouldn't allow to spend more. ;)

^^that is a good choice for a processor, considering the work you plan to do on your rig, since Photoshop, After Effects etc. are CPU intensive apps and cache does play an important role when you are running those apps.

Back