Budget Earphone for Music

HackerX

Disciple
I am confused between OnePlus Nord and Readme Bud 2.
Both are wired and both are @599
I will use this for mostly Music except calling.
Please help me to chose.

Not sure if you're familiar with IEMs. I stopped buying these overpriced fragile earphones a few years ago after I found out about the IEMs with detachable cables. They've been the most reliable, durable and fantastic quality earphones ever.

https://conceptkart.com/collections/kz?pf_p_price=149:1000 (I've set it to list just the ones less than 1000 INR)

Even if you get the lowest priced ones, you can't go wrong because these things last for years and years. I used to buy a pair of earphones every few months because the ones from Sony, JBL, Sennheiser etc die in just a few months.

You can look up IEMs to learn more.

Realme buds 2 is good choice I've been using it since almost 2 years for office calls mostly but tested with music also and they sound good. I even got another one for my sister and those are running well too.
If you want to use it for longer hours then I wouldn't suggest in-ear personally I feel itching inside the ear if I wear them for any longer than 2-3 hours. This happens with any in-ear earphones.

For longer duration I use on-ear style earphones or over the ear headphones.

Last edited:
Realme buds 2 is good choice I've been using it since almost 2 years for office calls mostly but tested with music also and they sound good. I even got another one for my sister and those are running well too.
If you want to use it for longer hours then I wouldn't suggest in-ear personally I feel itching inside the year if I wear them for any longer than 2-3 hours. This happens with any in-ear earphones.

For longer duration I use on-ear style earphones or over the ear headphones.
On over the ear headphones style - These are not only heavy (unless you go premium end) but also they tend to get you hot and sweaty in our weather conditions. Esp if you use it outdoors or in the gym. So keep that in mind. I wouldn't recommend them for long sessions of use either.

On over the ear headphones style - These are not only heavy (unless you go premium end) but also they tend to get you hot and sweaty in our weather conditions. Esp if you use it outdoors or in the gym. So keep that in mind. I wouldn't recommend them for long sessions of use either.
heavy depends on the user tbh. About feeling warm/hot. Yes that happens in summers, completely agreed. Also there's some unproven myth that with some people who have sensitive scalp/hair the tightness of a headphone can cause hair loss in that top area which would be under that pressure all day (if you wear that long).

Anyways, I moved to on-ear style earphones like these ones from sony. They stay on all day, don't fall off, don't cause itching or any kind of irritation and no pressure on head unlike headphones.

My earphones never lasted even a year.
I had SM ES18, E10, many from KZ etc.
Almost all have issues.
One side speaker stopped working.
So I'm not want to invest more.
Because nothing last long for me.
Also I have too much sweat in ears in hot humid weather. So don't want to invest much.
Because ultimately they will stopped working after 6 months.
Not sure if you're familiar with IEMs. I stopped buying these overpriced fragile earphones a few years ago after I found out about the IEMs with detachable cables. They've been the most reliable, durable and fantastic quality earphones ever.

https://conceptkart.com/collections/kz?pf_p_price=149:1000 (I've set it to list just the ones less than 1000 INR)

Even if you get the lowest priced ones, you can't go wrong because these things last for years and years. I used to buy a pair of earphones every few months because the ones from Sony, JBL, Sennheiser etc die in just a few months.

Is this site reliable ?
There is offer for free case if buy product over 999. Is this legit ? Never heard of this site.

My earphones never lasted even a year.
I had SM ES18, E10, many from KZ etc.
Almost all have issues.
One side speaker stopped working.
So I'm not want to invest more.
Because nothing last long for me.
Also I have too much sweat in ears in hot humid weather. So don't want to invest much.
Because ultimately they will stopped working after 6 months.
I've had issues with KZ too after like 2yrs. But it's all mainly cables. The IEM units never failed for me. Do you have spare IEM cables to check those units?

Is this site reliable ?
There is offer for free case if buy product over 999. Is this legit ? Never heard of this site.
I've never bought from here. But it looks legit from what I've heard people comment on in reddit and also this - https://www.scamadviser.com/check-website/conceptkart.com

Did anyone used this https://conceptkart.com/products/kz-edx-pro-wired-iem I want to give it to my brother to be used with laptop, Listening youtube while working
I haven't used it. But my friend got it as a gift and he can't stop praising it. He said he's never had such a good pair of earphones ever. He had only used regular in ear earphones.

And tbh I am not an audiophile but I have a lot of IEMs and they all sound quite good. I usually can't tell whats different between two IEMs the way that some of my audiophile friends can. So if you're like me, for basic everyday use even the cheaper IEMs can do just fine.

I haven't used it. But my friend got it as a gift and he can't stop praising it. He said he's never had such a good pair of earphones ever. He had only used regular in ear earphones.

And tbh I am not an audiophile but I have a lot of IEMs and they all sound quite good. I usually can't tell whats different between two IEMs the way that some of my audiophile friends can. So if you're like me, for basic everyday use even the cheaper IEMs can do just fine.
That would work i believe, even I can use it as a stop gap till my Oppo M31 die completely. I prefer neckband due to portability also as you said before the worst thing is the wires... dam they go bad sooner than later :mad:

That would work i believe, even I can use it as a stop gap till my Oppo M31 die completely. I prefer neckband due to portability also as you said before the worst thing is the wires... dam they go bad sooner than later :mad:
Also the nice thing about KZ IEMS with the QDC connectors is that you can pair it with the KZ AZ09 Bluetooth adapters which will let you go wireless.
kz-az09-pro-img02.jpg
I've used these and they have a great backup and work fine enough.

They're quite basic in terms of functionality tho. No volume controls, noise cancellation etc. But it's honestly one of a kind in terms of accessories. And it works with any IEMs with QDC connectors.

KZ AZ09 Bluetooth adapters
I have these, and while the battery life is great, their is bluetooth static noise. It takes some getting used to. Currently using it with kz zsn pro. I was thinking of using those with my blon, but as the blons are sensitive the noise floor can become louder. Hence just using it with zsn pro for now.

I have these, and while the battery life is great, their is bluetooth static noise. It takes some getting used to. Currently using it with kz zsn pro. I was thinking of using those with my blon, but as the blons are sensitive the noise floor can become louder. Hence just using it with zsn pro for now.
True. I think it's a given that these wouldn't be suitable for an audiophile experience. I just like it for calls and gym use where I'm not focusing on the audio quality or something. I do have some other complaints about it like how it could stay on more firmly, because right now it can fall off if I'm jumping around. But for the price they come in and the versatility they offer I'm still a happy customer.

Hard to believe they come for so little.
Something about the way you wear them. I've not had this happen to me. Maybe i don't use them as often as you do. Wear and tear.

I had heard about conceptkart but after your reply I looked for a few reviews for the KZ - EDX Pro Wired IEM
And found them to be decent so ordered today, amazon had them at 1190 and at conceptkart they are 990 with a free hard case ( the seller is conceptkart on Amazon too [emoji12]) as the warehouse is in Delhi so I ll received them tomorrow
Will update about everything here

Last edited:
Right
So the package was deliveted in less than 24hrs via bluedart, so that's impressive.

Packaging was professional
Item had nice brand packaging as well
So tei ticks there...

The audio expetience is good, one can catch finer tings too.
Bass is good but could be a bit better but that's subjective..

All in all in 990 the quality is good

Edit
Added pics and also
The case is basic but should have been a bit bigger

For reference sharing the purchase link below

Attachments

• 20221223_225942.jpg
    20221223_225942.jpg
    249.6 KB · Views: 71
  • 20221223_230058.jpg
    20221223_230058.jpg
    227.8 KB · Views: 70