OC & Modding Burn it or not

SunMysore said:
there are apparently 2 versions of BH-5 1A4T..a DDR333 one and a DDR400 one...

i hav the DDR400 one and currently DDR333 ones are in the stock.
DDR333 will probably have BH-6 chips :)

that's cool that means i don't need to invest in a DDR booster right now

I think it requires 3.2V and above for OC

bh-5 runs fine at 2.5V (maybe 2.6V) and is usually specified by the manufacturer at rated timings and frequency.

it runs as well as any TCCD and even 2.8V will be good. but its true potential comes beyond 3V.
it loves voltages and ive seen ppl run it at 3.6V. it gets less hotter than TCCD's and can generally run tighter timings as well.

@SCSI, and if u want to buy some pm me as im selling my 2x256MB (1.5 years old).

raghunandan.

Last edited by a moderator:
BH-5 less hotter than tccd? oh no i dont think so. They get prety damn hot beyond 3V.
Its just that they can sustain higher oltages better than any other chip. and works best at low timings at moderate freq.
But if you plan to reach say DDR600 speeds tccd is the way to go.

yeah beyond 3V they do get real hot and need active cooling. but at the same volts as the TCCD they run a lot cooler. seen 2 instances with my own eyes, hands and heard a lot about it in the other forums (im a member of EOCF too!)

raghunandan.

POLYGON said:
no offence intended by mee as well but ppl are dying out 4 TCCD not due to the fact that they clock 300Mhz+ @ respectable timings of 2.5-3-3-X but due to the fact that they run at 2.8-2.9V

Haha I knew that was coming :D. Yep, forgot to mention that explicitly, but thats a very very important reason to go in for the TCCDs.

Many folks are running TCCD on DFI nF4 boards - so voltage isnt much of an issue for these people, just that they want the high clocks to run their RAM in 1:1 sync with their Proc. Thats what I intended to convey through my post :)

Chaos said:
BH-5 is available in india. The twinmos 1A4T 256MB sticks are all BH-5.

At the moment no. After the first pair I got for Sunny, havent been able to get anymore :(

Sunny said:
there are apparently 2 versions of BH-5 1A4T..a DDR333 one and a DDR400 one...

Yep, there are atleast 6 1A4T TwinMos sticks available last I checked, however they are ALL rated for DDR333 speeds, and I had already told Sunny they look to be BH-6 variants :)

A quick glance on the IC seemed to partly confirm this - the BH-5 I have presently has a number that ends in 50B . I'm "guessing" it means 5ns , while the DDR333 ones had 60B - so 6ns aka BH-6.

1A4T does not "precisely" mean BH-5.

1A = Manufacturing process , in this case 175nm (BH die)

4 = Manufacturer code. 4 = Winbond

So 1A4T means Winbond BH-X die. What number the X represents is purely dependant on the speed ratings/IC.

AA4T , AA = 130nm manufacturing process (CH die). AA4T = CH-X sticks.

SCSI said:
how much voltage do BH-5 requires even to boot

Manufacturers generally set the SPD on the RAM module to default timings of 2.5-3-3-8 at 200Mhz on BH-5 sticks. At those timings even the default 2.5V is enough. After that, tightening the timings may require more voltage. I was able to manage 2-2-2-5@200Mhz at 2.6V on the TwinMos BH-5 sticks.

Back