Burnout Paradise - Discussion Thread

quote from the above review :-

Burnout Paradise on the PC looks great, sporting a great frame rate, superb lighting, incredible car damage, an unrivalled sense of speed and no loading at all once you're in the city - assuming you don't use the restart option, which does result in a fairly brief pause in the action. If you've been hoping your mega PC would run rings around the home console versions of Burnout Paradise, Criterion hasn't let you down. This PC version can be run at ridiculously high resolutions, features improved shadows, ambient occlusion (if your machine is up to it) and performs well on a fairly modest system. The game has lost some of its "wow" factor in the year that's passed, but seeing it run with all the graphical settings maxed is still a rather wonderful thing.

Now thats what i am talking about !! :eek:hyeah:

ubergeek said:
dude can my 8800gt handle the game at 14400X900 at everything high with 16x af :huh:

my answer is NO!! it can handle 1440x900 and cannot handle 14400x900.. GTX295 cant and game doesnt support 14400x900 :lol:

i have played 1 hours and 38 minutes and i am bored already :(

EDIT : Is there any GPS in-game which will directly lead me to an event or the junkyard which is situated in the other part of the city...its very hard to follow it using the mini map.

^ That's not surprising. To anyone who knows what a good racing game actually feels like, Burnout has always been a very mediocre title.

You gotta love the reward system which assumes everyone playing the game is suffering from accute ADD. You manage to barely scrape another car and the announcer goes hyper showering accolades upon you in a desperate attempt to keep you hooked.

Back