Burnout Paradise - Discussion Thread

This does not seem to connect with any of the earlier Burnout series at all. I had high hopes on this title, assuming, it would be pretty similar to Burnout: Revenge. The gameplay is very dull to be frank. There isn't an offline LAN mode, which is shocking. Paradise mode seems pretty much like NFS: Undercover's career mode redux minus the cop chases. The mini-map is very vague & it doesn't provide beacon support to provide a pin-point on the destination. It gets extremely difficult to track the location during a race or a timed event.

It has a shabby list of soundtracks too. I loved the way it started off with Guns 'N Roses "Paradise City" track, but then I was appalled to hear Avril Lavinge's "Girlfriend" playing somewhere down the line. :ashamed:

Anyway, the game's graphical performance is rock steady. It looks pretty similar to Flatout: Ultimate Carnage. AA seems a bit broken. Not very demanding on the system either. So 2 points for the optimisation bit.

I didn't understand the purpose of Party mode in this game. It just gives you 3 variety of modes to play in & supporting upto 8 players. But the 8 players aren't for simultaneous play. They have to await their turn after each one completes their run. What a mess? :S

People who have played & enjoyed previous Burnout games, it's nothing similar to them. The awesome feeling of taking down rivals & the adrenaline rush is somehow dumbed down in this game. I'll try giving it some more time but not sure if I'll be able to hold on to it.

Weird I had a total blast finishing this on a friends PS3 something must be different bout the pc version. Its easily one of the best car games I have played give it more time get used to it i guess ....

The 8 player thingy is for online challenges and on the ps3 all 8 are playing at the same time trying to wreck each other or do a barrel roll or do some really high distance jump .....

the bike handling is also atrocious. The lack of beacon really makes it very difficult ( I thought i must be unaware of a way of activating it or something..but i guess there is no such option in the first place). Besides the review in the first page says that the game can be restarted mid-way of an event...How does one do that? I couldn't find a way to do it...

Zloyd said:
Weird I had a total blast finishing this on a friends PS3 something must be different bout the pc version. Its easily one of the best car games I have played give it more time get used to it i guess ....

The 8 player thingy is for online challenges and on the ps3 all 8 are playing at the same time trying to wreck each other or do a barrel roll or do some really high distance jump .....

the criterion team sent you to justify ? :p j/k

hmmm. was looking forward to this one. will try it out.

wtf is with girlfriend song? i really like the song, but it certainly doesnt fit into a racing game. :p

Skullptura sucks. did try out a few. although i have to say its very nicely compressed, but installation is a pain and often has a few bugs.

madmaniac said:
I'll wait for skullptura

The game is only 3gb on PC and the xbox 360 version is ~6gb !!! There's a rip from synergy ~1.8gb, i guess skullptura has retired... no games released since Left 4 Dead !

BORING AS HELLL :mad: i hate the new structure of the game it is so boring i hate it. the free roaming and the races suck big time i hate it :(

Amien said:
If it's anything like GRID, it's worth a shot.

nothing like grid its totally different....for GRID u first need to get hold on the controls.

played for half n hr wasnt bored yet
graphics are good and so is the gameplay.....liked the speed too...lets c wt else.:)

Back