Graphic Cards Buying 4770 ! Urgent help needed.

an oc'ed 9800gt cant beat a 4770.A reason to smile.what r world r u living in? in the above chart a stock 9800gt clearly beats the 4770 in most games while the 4770 does much better in synthetic benchmarks.now how on earth can u state that a 4770 is better.
both compete well but just for its sheer pricing a 9800gt is the better vfm.period.

But i dont see any stock 9800GT in that chart. All i can see is 200mhz oced memory, 1125 mhz oced shader and a 50mhz on core.

Any review says, 4770 gains more than 20% performance on OC.

dOm1naTOr said:
But i dont see any stock 9800GT in that chart. All i can see is 200mhz oced memory, 1125 mhz oced shader and a 50mhz on core.

Any review says, 4770 gains more than 20% performance on OC.

even in my earlier post slightly OC 9800GT was performing better then HD4770 in mainstream games but forget about HD4770, as v know HD4850 is 5-10% faster then HD4770 so here's an OC 9800GT is in comparison with HD4850
9800gtichill3.jpg

9800gtichill2.jpg

9800gtichill1.jpg

9800gtichill.jpg

saqib_khan said:
Seems like some people dont wanna accept the reality. Mr Nvidia fans

no body here is saying that 9800GT is faster then HD4770, we are talking about more VFM product here, & as per your logic of electricity bills are then lemme tell u if u'll use a good PSU(with high efficiency obviously) with 9800GT(which is necessary) n on the other side u'll use an HD4770 with not so good PSU then ur electricity bills won't show any drastic change as PSU's with low efficiency consume more current

dOm1naTOr said:
how can 9800GT be more vfm than 4770 with all those points i mentioned.
ur points were -
* power consumption - it's recommended that u shouldn't use local PSU with even HD4770, so a decent PSU like VIP500W will run both cards(though i agree power consumption of HD4770 is obviously less but it isn't very drastic on a decent or good PSU)

* slight better performance at stock - that i agree but also its price is more then 1.5k above 9800GT(9800GT ~ 5.5k, HD4770 ~7k-7.2k)

* mostly HDMI adapter bundled, which is not the case with 9800GT - i don't think it a greatly consideration point of HD4770 over 9800gt :p

* Audio through HDMI which are really helpful for HTPC - don't u know that v can do this with 9800GT too?? :O if u wanna know how then lemme know, i'll explain in detail :bleh:

* Crazy performance after OC. After OC it even beats stock 4850 or GTS 250. 9800GT wont even come closer. - for this i've already posted pics in which 9800GT OC is also beating stock HD4850(as u r underestimating 9800GT OC by saying it won't even come closer, m posting everything for only this point :p) & do u know how many ppl have probs of high temp after OCing HD4770..just google it n u'll know

* future proof with DX 10.1 - ya that's a unique feature of ATI cards over any NV card but as DX11 cards r just about to come so now buying a card with DX10.1 isn't a gud idea of buying a FUTURE PROOF card..as per a unique point NV cards also have feature of Phsyx which u can really notice when u'll play games like Batman with both ATI & NV card

*latest cutting edge design with 40nm GPU and GDDR5 memory. - GDDR5 memory is gr8 but i don't c much gud points related to 40nm architecture as lots of ppl faced probs of overheating upto 90C after slight OC which is a contradiction :O

111diablo111 said:
*latest cutting edge design with 40nm GPU and GDDR5 memory. - GDDR5 memory is gr8 but i don't c much gud points related to 40nm architecture as lots of ppl faced probs of overheating upto 90C after slight OC which is a contradiction

Totally Wrong..

I OCed my 4770 upto 850/1000 and got max temp of 74 C on furmark. :eek:hyeah:

3D Guru says :
ATI Radeon HD 4770 review

Products like these offer very decent gaming performance targeted at the budget end-user below a 100 USD level. That's stuff to think about for a minute. I mean, for less than 100 bucks you'll be able to get a videocard that performs pretty much the same as the Radeon HD 4850. I think that's impressive, an achievement all by itself. Next to that you have been able to see that the card actually can compete with a GeForce GTS 250 in several scenarios, this is the sole reason why I inserted that card in the comparison, and not a 9800 GT which is what the 4770 is originally targeted at.

It doesn't stop there. Grab Rivatuner, and start overclocking this little fracker. We got a core frequency of 850 MHz out of it with the DDR5 memory running at 4000 MHz. That got us an another instant 15 to 20% boost in performance. And then think a step ahead in a little more enthusiast manner... what would happen if you placed two of these cards in Crossfire in your system? That would get you into the high-end performance segment fairly easily... for under 200 USD.

So with the launch of the Radeon HD 4770 ATI brings mainstream game performance and features to the budget price segment. And that in my book is golden. I honestly can't think of anything even remotely negative about this product.

pls go thru the review... i cant post comparison as all are flash images.
4770 is up with 1 GB GTS 250...
i guess GTS has advantage in some games , rest its all square..

9800 is not even in comparison and above statement tells why..

@111diablo111

well, that wa for a powercolor (2nd link) and the person clearly mentioned that it didn't come with the default cooler. I think that is the issue. Some cards have crappy cooler etc. In general, people never reported that much temp. Mine is Sapphire and I would say that is the best ATI brand. :)

Who wants war? :p

Back