Buying a Lenovo laptop from the USA

ajmeyn

Disciple
Hi,

I've been looking around for a notebook and finally decided on the Lenovo E430 core i5 version. However this laptop is only available in the US AFAIK as the Indian version comes with i3 only. The price comes to $549 after some discount coupon they had on their site.

So does anyone here know what are the options to get a Lenovo laptop from the USA to India and how much extra would this cost?

TIA

You need to have a credit card registered to a US based address in order to buy from lenovo.com. There is no way to order it directly from lenovo and have it shipped to india.'

However, if you order from a site like Amazon, you can have it shipped through Shop&Shop or another similar service.

Not to forget ~15 % import duty which is levied on laptops by Indian customs.
Only mobile phones(or duty free products) comes cheaper in this way, not laptops. But if you have any relative/friend who is currently in U.S. and will be returning to India in few days/weeks , then its a good deal. Then no import duty will be charged.

You can get using Shop and Ship. May I know from which website you are referring to for purchase?
Its from lenovo.com (I think the discount coupon is applicable only there).

---------- Post added at 05:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:08 PM ----------

Hmm... need to look for someone returning from the US then I think :)

Also getting it through courier going to be expensive. I am too thinking of buying it from Canada but not sure about the freight charges plus international warranty.

Back