Audio [Buying Advice] Headphones or IEMs?

Sony's are always good.. Go for em mate... Remember, they will never be the best at anything (bass, treble, soundstage etc), but they kinda never let you down.. Sony headphones to me give you a bit of everything...

I do like the entire XB lineup of sony too. Have personally owned the xb-200 and tried out the 500 and 700 and trust me, they r excellent.

I believe the xb-300 is available in India now. It should be around the 2K mark. Definitely 1 u shud try out. try for an audition at one of the sony world outlets/

@edge - Thanks a lot for the vote of confidence in V6, I have read that they are not the best at anything but that they are the best all rounder in the sub $100 range. I am getting xb-700 at my targeted price range (~$70) but I have heard people say that technically V6 are more sound...and believe it I am no audiophile but I am sure if I take something wrong I will start noticing it for no apparent reason (Nothing more than perception I guess) Plus, I want to be an audiophile after getting these because I remember listening to Chopin once on a great headphone in my childhood...never had the moolah until now to get such phones...and guess what I am going to get one now :D:D:D

@strategy - I am getting them for around $70.

MnVn

NO I checked with people at head-fi...they say these are easily drivable even with an ipod..so with my comp I dont think that is going to be an issue..also you seem to be an expert, do you have any other models/phones in mind that I can research and might be better/alternative than my :p V6

MnVn

no dude, no expert here.. but newegg was throwing out an offer on the sennheiser hd-280 pros at around the 75$ mark. Think the hd-280's wud out perform the v6's, but do check the price first... For soem weird reason the newegg site aint opening at my place... check

Not to be a spoiler here, but the shure 440's completely slipped my mind.. Thats 1 u can look into too.... Also since the shures are officially available in India, its not such a bad option.. Else v have a winner in the V6, choose wisely, cheers :)

yep my friend is coming back in the first week of feb..so i will ask him to get them...i have seen lynx and cartonline ..IMO they rob you too much in the name of getting products from us to india

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

@edge...

you sure have a way of suggesting products just above my price range and tempting me to go for them...am looking for these and lets c if i find a good price but as far as i have seen till now they are $85 the cheapest...

when you said they are officially available in india ..does that mean there warranty holds here if i buy them? even if i buy them from the states will the warranty still hold?

MnVn

Sorry for being redundant /... because this might be a game changer...

Please confirm: If I buy a sennheiser from US - The warranty will be valid in India?

Any official links to this?

THanks for the link

I am not sure about Sennheiser headphones have no idea which to take..but if the international warranty is valid for 2 years..I thiknk it might make sense for me to go for Sennheiser..

Any options/suggestions? Price range around $70..

MnVn

hd 418 or 448 think will fit ur budget. Though each 4 series headset tilts towards a particular SS. A through research will be required here mate.

You could buy my hd-485 :)

ss= sound source?

i looked for hd 485 but they are almost $100 :(

and when you say each one tends to go for different ss ... do you know which one would be best for pc movies (bluray etc)?

Back