Audio [Buying Advice] Headphones or IEMs?

Errr sorry to interrupt but just because Sennheiser is providing you with 2 yrs international warranty dont jump in for them .I personally haven't found any Sennheiser cans other than HD 202/HD600/650 worth their street price. The sony option seems to be much better.

If you are fine with the portable ones , the PMX-100 sounds damn good :).

ohh man you are confusing me even more ... but seriously thanks for the input

1. I am really worried if something would happen to my sony mdr-v6 (even though people have been using some of theirs for almost 10 years) what would I do then? Would I be able to get it repaired anywhere :(?

2. I myself am quite in love with the sony one especially due to there history and all and have been really drawn into them...heck i have even set it as my wallpaper !!

3. I dont want to go for portable ones...i want full fledged over the ear phones..

:( why does the product selection have to be so hard...i spent so many nights researching before going for my dell u2311h (extremely happy with my decision though)

MnVn

280 pro is good ......there was a time when they were available for $80 at amazon ..

anyways if you want warranty Toxicdrift's friend is offering the V6 at 4200 shipped with local warranty

^ Audiofunk India .He is not a dealer on TE. A guy from Delhi who deals in hi end audio equipment mainly for professionals , DJs etc. You can contact him on his Facebook page - Login | Facebook.

Incase you do not have access to FB >> Copy -Paste :p

For Orders and Enquiries mail us at : audiofunkindia@hotmail.com

Or Call : +919910801188

^^ His number is now not in service. Listen dude, the more you research the more will be confused. Here's what I feel , and I do think some people would agree to this, your budget was 50$ initially right ? At that price apart from the PX 100, which are not full sized but portable hps senns dont really impress, so either buy one of the sony models or try and get your hand on the Koss porta pro from mumbai or amarbir. I think brendon/benny mentioned that theyre availble for about 2k and totally kick ass. I dont think you should dtretch your budget from 2k to 4k and i dont also think for such a petty amount you need to call in a favour from your friend and wait fro your stuff to arrive :)
When I say dont stretch your budget, I believe for hps it is very important that you enjoy and take out the complete worth of the money you have paid and then upgrade. Increasing your budget by 100% by going to 80$ will probably not give you a 100% increase in the level of quality of the sound. That comes in with a greater price. I hope i havent offended anyone.
Just my two cents.
Peace.

Sony headsets are quiet sturdy, but i wouldn't count on any kind of service from sony india for headsets or rather models which aint available locAlly.

thanks brother :) ... well so i have a marshall MG10 for my ibanez grg170dx and i prefer playing it late night when all are asleep , so i really have to play it low because of that. i was hoping for some good monitors so i could play at insane volume levels without disturbing anyone, leaking sound from headphones is not a problem , headphone type preferred will be around ears . and budget is sub 1000 plus few hundreds if the deal is worth it :)

will prefer passive headphones so i could use it with part time music and movie watching on my laptop. :D

i donot like boomy bass :p

i see the following within my range as per your recommendations in this thread :

philips shp2500

Sony MDR-ZX100

Senhiesser hd 202

help me pick one , or new ones if you may :)

KUnal for your purpose i would seriously ask you to extend your budget to something like 3K+

if not the HD202 is great for music but has over ear design

dude budget is a constraint since i need a processor aswell :(

is HD202 a big leap over Phillips ?

damn just noticed the over ear design :(

is HD202 around ear ? how comfortable is it ?

any place where i could audition the two headsets ? HD202 and Phillips ? ... in my place we don't have many options but we do have a few planet m's / jumbo elecs / ezone

would any of these places stock these ?

You are better off buying the HD202 from Ebay or other online stores ...the MRP of HD202 is 1600 while they are available for around 12-1300 .

Stay away from hd202 , they r not comfortable , not for movies , the cups are small and hurts ears .

Better get philips shp8500 , Sony mdr-xd200(no warranty) or get the koss porta pro as Karan said .

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Stay away from hd202 , they r not comfortable , not for movies , the cups are small and hurts ears .
Better get philips shp8500 , Sony mdr-xd200(no warranty) or get the koss porta pro as Karan said .

Back