Buying android phone around 15k

kvikram

Skilled
I'm looking for a phone around 15k (just entering college:clap:). As far I've seen Motorola Defy seems really impressive. Great resolution and processor. And water proofing is totally rad!

Looks like I'll be going for Defy. Whatz say? Any other alternatives?

nope! defy lost its hotness. ... new inthing is Huawei x6 aka spice m410, frankmehta got this 4.1 inch se%y for just 13,299 inr. some site I don't remember just search threads.

pauldmps said:
Motorola Defy & HTC Wildfire S. Defy is better though.

I'm not not much comfortable to use a brand like Spice. You might like it.
As you would know it just got Spice's sticker. Its actually a Huawei X6 and has the best h/w in a sub 15k phone :)

kvikram said:
I'm looking for a phone around 15k (just entering college:clap:). As far I've seen Motorola Defy seems really impressive. Great resolution and processor. And water proofing is totally rad!

Looks like I'll be going for Defy. Whatz say? Any other alternatives?
Defy is absolutely a fabulous choice. Just one observation is that SAR value of defy is on higher side, may be I am paranoid, but I think you should consider that too.

Why don't you go for nexus s or galaxy s slcd by stretching budget a bit

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Tapatalk

@Havok - guess there is no need of stretching the budget, which we usually do. he's just a college kid. PLUS lot of superb mobiles are available now at very low prices (thanks for the rapid cut-down in prices).
BTW, @OP- I would've suggested the Spice Mi-410 too, but thought the ruggedness of defy will come in handy for you. BTW, froyo is already officially out and GB is possible.
If you were going to prefer Mi410 over Defy, you'll have 1ghz cpu + adreno 205 GPU (playing games won't be choppy, than in a Ti 3610 chip with SGX530 GPU). The extra 0.4" of screen size comes at a cost of bigger mobile and bulkier too.

I'm certainly not comfortable with a brand like Spice/Huawei. Anyway my dad would certainly frown at that brand.

@hrohit85 The Triumph looks really really cool. 1 GHz processor? Yeah baby:eek:hyeah:! When do you think it will release and the kind of pricing it will get? If it is 15k-17k it would be certainly worth the wait.

Bulk might be an issue. How well does a 4.1" phone fit in your pocket?

kvikram said:
n00b question: CDMA means no sim card and it's locked to particular network, right? That's a no go for me. I guess motorola defy is the best choice.
I think you can register it with various companies (Reliance, Tata Indicom to name major CDMA players) Not too familiar with them since I havent used CDMA phones earlier.

Back