Laptops Buying Asus GL552JX laptop from Ebay for 55k

Does extending the laptop warranty to 3 yrs offer any benefit for a techy user ?

• Total voters
working on it, will get whatever the best is available, the exporters are saying that this one is with IPS but the customers are saying that it's TN.

also on the box nothing is mentioned, so will look for some other models also.

If possible let us know as soon as you have these in stock. If you can tell us a day in advance, even better :)

@joel.elias.333 Thanks.Only problem with y50 is limited storage options. I need atleast one msata slot to run 128gb^ SSD + 1TB HD combo.And acer I don't trust for gaming.
I am mostly going to end up with Asus GL551JW-DS74. It's 200$ above my budget though :(
Is it worth it ?
It'll be worth it I think. The DDR5 will be way more future proof![DOUBLEPOST=1434309032][/DOUBLEPOST]
It'll be worth it I think. The DDR5 will be way more future proof!
Also... Look at the eBay US deals. You might get one in your budget. There was a DS71 being sold for 799$ not long before

Received quote of Rs 50k for US version Asus ux305(8gb RAM) from ishopinternational. Is it safe to buy from ishopinternational and whether warranty will be applicable here?

They are charging 10k as custom duty on $599 laptop. I guess its on higher side.

Received quote of Rs 50k for US version Asus ux305(8gb RAM) from ishopinternational. Is it safe to buy from ishopinternational and whether warranty will be applicable here?

They are charging 10k as custom duty on $599 laptop. I guess its on higher side.
Don't buy.

Not worth it.
Better get Asus ROG GL552JX

That is an ultra book, 552gx is a gaming laptop, both are very different and made for different usage scenarios. 552gx should be able to take a bit more abuse too.

Last edited:
i ma
@Garg.Enterprises Any update on the laptop ?
I sent them an email asking about the availability, they said it will be available in a week. That was 11 days ago..:arghh:[DOUBLEPOST=1435101122][/DOUBLEPOST]Mailed them again and got this as a reply,
"the stock is imported but is awaiting customs clearance, it's taking little more time than usual, please wait little more."

Last edited:
how will someone come to know if the laptop has been listed?

Also any idea about the gaming performance of Core M. Can it run dota 2? if yes, then i might go with UX305 instead.[DOUBLEPOST=1435156464][/DOUBLEPOST]
Can i get it in India?

Core M will bottleneck.
You can run Dota on Ux303 but at medium settings only.

Hi, I'm new here. Joined cause I want to buy the Asus gl552jx from eBay. Did any of u guys play with it ? What all games u guys played and what are your reviews. Also if there's any major con's about the laptop please tell. Like poor screen or somethin

when the laptop will be available on eBay @Garg.Enterprises
Just to let you know, its available on Flipkart but it costs INR70990, a lot more than what it costs on ebay(I hope Garg.Enterprises will not change pricing when they list it on ebay again), but with increased RAM and reduced VRAM(does it matter?)..!
I guess you better wait for Garg.Enterprises to make it available again!

Last edited:
Just to let you know, its available on Flipkart it costs INR70990, a lot more than what it costs on ebay(I hope Garg.Enterprises will not change pricing when they list it on ebay again), but with increased RAM and reduced VRAM(does it matter?)..!
I guess you better wait for Garg.Enterprises to make it available again!
Yea video memory won't matter that much. 2gb is sufficient for modern games. Its 950M so it can play anything I guess. Yeah more ram is necessary tho. Waiting for it to get listed soon. Going to college in a month so gotta buy this fast.

Back