Laptops Buying Asus GL552JX laptop from Ebay for 55k

Does extending the laptop warranty to 3 yrs offer any benefit for a techy user ?

• Total voters
Guys is the laptop available anywhere else? It's out of stock almost anywhere I look.. I'm really interested to get it... If you know any links or any dealer who would order and ship to chennai would be really useful... Thanks in advance

Waited too long. Fed u. Buying this from usa.
http://m.store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/Lap...quad-laptop-l6e55av-1#/choices/choice/L6E55AV
Gtx950M! Plus its cheaper.
Ciao amigos.

How will you get it?? Shipping+Customs or somebody will bring it for u???
950m ddr3 or gddr5???
If possible buy it with 1080p and 62wh battery. It'll take more 60 dollars, will be worth it...

Visit this [Rebate coupon details]:http://slickdeals.net/f/7948357-hp-...hipping?page=9&rpid=76815277&rp=8#commentsBox

Last edited:
Fortunately my relatives live there so got it shipped to their place. They'll bring it next week. I got the. 1080p screen and 1tb hybrid drive (ssd+HDD). After taxes and coupon it was. 924$. Plus it was 4July sale so the price was lower.
U guys can wait till 20th July when amazon will have their 20th anniversary sale and get really good deals laptops.

Fortunately my relatives live there so got it shipped to their place. They'll bring it next week. I got the. 1080p screen and 1tb hybrid drive (ssd+HDD). After taxes and coupon it was. 924$. Plus it was 4July sale so the price was lower.
U guys can wait till 20th July when amazon will have their 20th anniversary sale and get really good deals laptops.

Congrats. BTW why didn't you considered sager laptops from xoticpc?? You would have got gtx 960m for around 950usd...

Tbh I don't need a hardcore gaming machine. I needed something which has portability and I could play games occasionally. As im going to take it to classes in univ. This suited perfectly to my needs. Had all the latest specs. (Except the 4 gen i7) so got this one.
Don't really care for a optical drive anyways.
900$ was the upper limit I could spend so that's why didn't look at other more expensive options.

Please avoid SMS lingo
Guyz to the point questions, m a nobe so plz help me if u cn few ques
1-what is ssd m2....? We are gttng it on ebay. Pre-installed fr high speed boot?
2- warranty real? Plz sm1 make it chk in local service center
3- the screen iz full hd or nt.? N r we gtng ips display..?
4-whr 2 buy ram here in India with bst speed crosheir or kingston.?
5- the main question frm my side
M getting the ASUS Gl552 - c009h wala version for 63k in my local market with a big printer loke packaging which includes the
#laptop bag
#asus rog gaming mouse
#asus gaming headphones
+ the local retail things like free 3g dongle pen drive etc
And with back 2 school offer by asus m additionally getting
#batman mouse
#batman headphones
#2 years additional accidental door step repair
#1year escan antivirus
For more info you can visit

Thats all fr jst 63k the indian version m a college student so should i go with it? Its the config with only 2gb vram and ips display +8gb ram

#batman mouse
#batman headphones
#1year escan antivirus
For more info you can visit

Thats all fr jst 63k the indian version m a college student so should i go with it? Its the config with only 2gb vram and ips display +8gb ram

OMG what language is that !!!, and "back 2 school offer" is an HP promo. Please check again about all the specifics that you've mentioned, the dealer himself might be confused as hell. Also, please check my un-boxing thread for the same for detailed specs.

@aman.pitbull , @joel.elias.333 , how did you guys registered the warranty for this? Is registration of warranty necessary?
Yes, you can register it online on Asus's website. It's 2 year global warranty so they have to honor it provided they have all the parts with them else we'll have to wait or ship it to the dealer. I sent a query mail after product registration, the following details were given by the ASUS customer care rep:
"Laptop body: Two year warranty
LCD: Two year warranty
Motherboard/Processor: Two year warranty
Keyboard: Two year warranty
Battery: 1 year warranty
Mouse: 1 year warranty
Hard-Disk: Two year warranty
RAM: Two year warranty
DvD Drive: Two year warranty

Please follow these steps to find which local service center is the most closed to you.
1.Enter this site
2.Choose "Service Center"
3.Find your country
4.Enter your address.

Also you can directly contact our local service center for help. The following is the contact information:
http://support.asus.com/hotlines.aspx?SLanguage=en

If there's no service center in your place, please directly contact your reseller for help."

where do you live?
It's a very good deal, I think!
Guys sorry for my English,
Anyway i stay in ranchi jharkhand. I m getting the deal, so i should go with it right? Will it be fine for playing games in 1080p 2 gb v ram gtx 950m

OMG what language is that !!!, and "back 2 school offer" is an HP promo. Please check again about all the specifics that you've mentioned, the dealer himself might be confused as hell. Also, please check my un-boxing thread for the same for detailed specs.

Yes, you can register it online on Asus's website. It's 2 year global warranty so they have to honor it provided they have all the parts with them else we'll have to wait or ship it to the dealer. I sent a query mail after product registration, the following details were given by the ASUS customer care rep:
"Laptop body: Two year warranty
LCD: Two year warranty
Motherboard/Processor: Two year warranty
Keyboard: Two year warranty
Battery: 1 year warranty
Mouse: 1 year warranty
Hard-Disk: Two year warranty
RAM: Two year warranty
DvD Drive: Two year warranty

Please follow these steps to find which local service center is the most closed to you.
1.Enter this site
2.Choose "Service Center"
3.Find your country
4.Enter your address.

Also you can directly contact our local service center for help. The following is the contact information:
http://support.asus.com/hotlines.aspx?SLanguage=en

If there's no service center in your place, please directly contact your reseller for help."
Guys m really sorry for my English m new here and was in a really hurry last night, It won't be repeated again. Anyway what i mentioned is true i'm getting the same deal, so can i go with it? Or after 4 years my machine will be outdated? :O
I m really confused with ebay vs indian version :-|
Anyway asus back to school offer is also running you can Google it "asusbacktoschooloffer. Com"
Waiting for reply
Regards :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Wait Wait ... I cant get a handle on all these updates...
1-what is ssd m2....? We are gttng it on ebay. Pre-installed fr high speed boot?
SSD m.2 is compact form of SSDs especially made for laptops {smaller than traditional SSDs and way faster than HDDs}.

2- warranty real? Plz sm1 make it chk in local service center
Which laptop are you talking about. Thailand imported one?? @aman.pitbull answered it.

3- the screen iz full hd or nt.? N r we gtng ips display..?
Both are FHD. Ebay one has TN display while cn009h has IPS.

4-whr 2 buy ram here in India with bst speed crosheir or kingston.?
Go for Corsair with same speed as 4 gb ram that is already installed.

5- the main question frm my side
M getting the ASUS Gl552 - c009h wala version for 63k in my local market with a big printer loke packaging which includes the
#laptop bag
#asus rog gaming mouse
#asus gaming headphones
+ the local retail things like free 3g dongle pen drive etc
Well this is most disturbing part of the post.. Where are you getting this laptop...and at 63k HOW????
I think it is exclusive of taxes.

#batman mouse
#batman headphones
#1year escan antivirus
@aman.pitbull Yes ASUS also has BACK TO SCHOOL offer which will end on 31st july..

Dont think twice..Buy it today before the shop changes it quoted price..

@Garg.Enterprises When are you going to list the laptop on Ebay ?
I think chances are very low of it getting relisted again..Items put up for sale by @Garg.Enterprises has drastically decreased from 35 to 10 in past few weeks.. Are they thinking of quitting selling business..@Garg.Enterprises NO offence..

Seller does not ship india.. So contact Seller requesting to ship it to your location.
Else ask your relatives from abroad to bring it for you.
Another way is using sites like ppobox or borderlinx.. Then you have to pay for shipping and customs that will make total landed cost of around 950 usd .
EDIT: On shipping details, its described that it wont ship to PO box ,so ppobox is of no help.

Last edited:
Wait Wait ... I cant get a handle on all these updates...

SSD m.2 is compact form of SSDs especially made for laptops {smaller than traditional SSDs and way faster than HDDs}.

Which laptop are you talking about. Thailand imported one?? @aman.pitbull answered it.

Both are FHD. Ebay one has TN display while cn009h has IPS.

Go for Corsair with same speed as 4 gb ram that is already installed.

Well this is most disturbing part of the post.. Where are you getting this laptop...and at 63k HOW????
I think it is exclusive of taxes.

@aman.pitbull Yes ASUS also has BACK TO SCHOOL offer which will end on 31st july..

Dont think twice..Buy it today before the shop changes it quoted price..

I think chances are very low of it getting relisted again..Items put up for sale by @Garg.Enterprises has drastically decreased from 35 to 10 in past few weeks.. Are they thinking of quitting selling business..@Garg.Enterprises NO offence..

Seller does not ship india.. So contact Seller requesting to ship it to your location.
Else ask your relatives from abroad to bring it for you.
Another way is using sites like ppobox or borderlinx.. Then you have to pay for shipping and customs that will make total landed cost of around 950 usd .
Thanx bro you sorted out all my query will be buying it on coming Tuesday :) n definitely post the review and the screen shots :)
M just wondering about the 2gb vram :/ m a nobe still 2gb will be enough seen review playing gta 5 in upper mid settings it was flawless :)
1 more doubt 8gb will be enough or i should make it another 8 total 16gb?

Thanx bro you sorted out all my query will be buying it on coming Tuesday :) n definitely post the review and the screen shots :)
M just wondering about the 2gb vram :/ m a nobe still 2gb will be enough seen review playing gta 5 in upper mid settings it was flawless :)
1 more doubt 8gb will be enough or i should make it another 8 total 16gb?

8 gb is enough. But if you can upgrade to 16 gb than it will better. BTW both ram slots are already occupied i.e. in 2*4 gb configuration . So upgrading means you have buy 2 8gb sticks..Instead Of this get one m.2 ssd 128 gb.

When you buy it , please post the detailed pictures of documents+driver cd[if any] present inside laptop box[ Not the outer box]

Read the review of it here : http://laptopmedia.com/review/asus-...ke-a-rog-notebook-but-it-doesnt-feel-like-it/
Review of GTX 950m : http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-950M.138026.0.html

Will it be fine for playing games in 1080p 2 gb v ram gtx 950m
For AAA titles it'll not be enough but you can definately play lowering graphics quality and resolution.

after 4 years my machine will be outdated?
LOL sorry to break it to you but it will be outdated within max 2 years.

I m really confused with ebay vs indian version :-|
Definately Indian one. 8 gb ram+ ips + win 8.1[upgradable to win 10]+Cerberus Headphone+2 years extended warranty[via BACK to SCHOOL] is better than 4gb ram+tn+dos+No BACK to SCHOOL .
It justifies the price gap 63k vs 59k. So without doubt cn009h is better choice.

EDIT: So you gonna buy it from TEJ right?? I'm from Ranchi too

Last edited:
Back