Laptops Buying Asus GL552JX laptop from Ebay for 55k

Does extending the laptop warranty to 3 yrs offer any benefit for a techy user ?

• Total voters
Heh... I just bought it too... :D

Quick Q.... I am interested in upgrading it the RAM (atleast 8gb). Where can I get the best deal for laptop RAMS? Any idea? And what about the specs? Never upgraded RAM before. Hence the Q. Does it void the warranty?

I might even get it from the US...

Congrats both of you! First make sure it's not a refurb piece and also you get warranty in India also. And then contact ASUS about adding extra RAM. Some manufacturers allow expanding RAM and some don't.

Thanks! The listing did cite it as new and the thai bill states the day of purchase as 12th May (I asked). So should be a new piece. Hopefully Asus won't be a pain about the RAM. :)

It's an Asus G series Laptop, and it should have an easy-user accessible rear service cover. We can most definitely install and upgrade the RAM, M.2 drive, and some more stuff ourselves.

Thanks! The listing did cite it as new and the thai bill states the day of purchase as 12th May (I asked). So should be a new piece.
Still could be a refurb.[DOUBLEPOST=1431928708][/DOUBLEPOST]
Did anyone inquire about the thai bill that is provided with the laptop?
eBay is very buyer friendly. So I am pretty sure seller doesn't **** up. His ratings are also good. So don't worry much ;)

The GL552JX was released very recently so I doubt if it can be a refurb. It costs ~ Rs.53K (if bought directly from Thailand/ Vietnam). The dealer has stated that it's a factory sealed piece. As you said, we can vry well use the ebay paisa pay protection guarantee against the seller if it's not as per what he suggested. GL551 is still the latest model in the Indian market from Asus and it still costs upwards of 78K. I found the following reviews for it:
Review 1
Review 2
Review 3

Do you guys have any idea about a 2nd hard-disk caddy (in-place of DvD-ROM) that fits in this laptop? I have a spare 128GB-SSD that I want to use as the primary drive and I'll shift the 1TB HDD into the caddy and DVD ROM to an external USB enclosure.

It'll come with Asus GX850 gaming mouse. I already have Logitech G600 so GX850 will be up for sale :p .

Me too thinking of getting this machine.. Do let me know once you get it... I even have messaged the buyer about my queries..

These kind of sellers give the Thai bill along with the package which we can use for our purposes.

@aman.pitbull Do give your first impressions when you get it. I have ordered it to my friend's place so I will not be able to get my hands on it till some time.
And did they ship yours yet?

The seller has not shipped the item till now, and has stopped responding to my mails and his phone number is unreachable too. Has he shipped your item ?

These kind of sellers give the Thai bill along with the package which we can use for our purposes.

@aman.pitbull Do give your first impressions when you get it. I have ordered it to my friend's place so I will not be able to get my hands on it till some time.
And did they ship yours yet?

The seller has not shipped the item till now, and has stopped responding to my mails and his phone number is unreachable too. Has he shipped your item ?

Nope. eBay says that the seller has time till 21st Thursday to ship my order. I guess I'll wait. And I emailed him regarding a change of address to which he did reply. I'd suggest waiting for another day or two. We did place our order on a Sunday...

UPDATE: Just got a message from eBay clarifying that the seller will ship the item before 21st.

Same here, that was an automated message from eBay.

Nope. eBay says that the seller has time till 21st Thursday to ship my order. I guess I'll wait. And I emailed him regarding a change of address to which he did reply. I'd suggest waiting for another day or two. We did place our order on a Sunday...

UPDATE: Just got a message from eBay clarifying that the seller will ship the item before 21st.

Back