Laptops Buying Asus GL552JX laptop from Ebay for 55k

Does extending the laptop warranty to 3 yrs offer any benefit for a techy user ?

• Total voters
How does the warranty of Ebay laptop works? How do we register it online in India as the laptop is with the Malaysian bill?

Those ppl who have bought it, kindly comment does the warrant really works in India?

@aman.pitbull you have bought the laptop. How did you register it in India for warranty. Coz when I ask authorized store he said it doesnt have warranty as you cant register it in India with Malaysian bill. Is it true?? I want to buy it ASAP. Warranty is the only issue between me and the ASUS GL552 (DOTA 2 Calling).
Plz help.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

because of heavy workload on courier companies this Independence season, all the shipments are delayed.

we are shipping all items on same day but the courier companies are not able to process and forward them on same day because of very high load (thousands of parcels) of other sellers and companies.

also because of the 2 holidays (15th and 16th) the load increased a lot because the courier companies were on holiday but the online shopping system was not, so the orders kept coming and load kept increasing.

please don't worry about the shipments, all are being shipped on same day from our side, the delay is happening because of unmanageable load on courier guys.

Request you to have patience of just 2-3 days more than expected shipping date displayed on ebay.

How long does @Garg.Enterprises take to ship the laptop?I ordered it 4 days ago and it hasn't been shipped yet and the contact no. On eBay is also switched off.:bawling:
Hi,

as I see, your order is already shipped and the tracking details are also updated in system.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys beware of buying any ROG notebook, they've a BIOS bug. Changing the boot order with the ssd+hdd results in a black-blank screen after POST. Even resetting / hard-resetting the BIOS won't work if that happens. I can confirm that the following models have this issue:
g551, g751, g752, gl552, and a few more.

The bug is reproducible but it'll result in bricking of your laptop.

I'm in the US now and it's been 2 weeks and still under repair/RMA, i guess they've ordered a new BIOS chip for it.

The asus rog forums and other forums are riddled with people posting about the same issue. There is no bios update to fix it yet, I had the latest BIOS.

As long as laptop is in wrty, its safe. Though disappointing for downtime. Do update back in thread when u or someone finds a fix/ solution.

Last edited:
A worthy alternative to Asus ROG could be Lenovo Y50-70, I recently bought a 3-4 months used piece for 48k. 16gb RAM, i7 CPU ( 4710HQ), GT960 4gbDDR5 gfx, 1 tb hdd, full hd TN display. Build quality is good, though laptop was used for 3-4 months.

Back