iOS Buying AT&T locked iphone 5s from US

Will this work 100% ?

• Total voters
You do know that AT&T unlocks now run into $50/$70 and such? You are better off buying a Verizon iPhone 5s since it's GSM part comes unlocked out of box.

You do know that AT&T unlocks now run into $50/$70 and such? You are better off buying a Verizon iPhone 5s since it's GSM part comes unlocked out of box.

I don not know as I havent done before. As per that ebay link it says 10.75$ for unlock with 95% success rate ?

I don not know as I havent done before. As per that ebay link it says 10.75$ for unlock with 95% success rate ?

The $50 price on best buy is not something you should Consider. It is price if locked ON CONTRACT phone. Never see bestbuy etc. I suggest you see ebay.com for used phones. Also DO NOT buy AT&T locked. The unlock link you have put is bid type an not buy it now. Usual unlock prices go for more than $60 or so.
The only thing you should consider if you want to buy iPhone 5S from USA is that it should be either factory unlocked or locked to verizon only. Verizon locked is ok since it's GSM part is unlocked so you can pop in your Vodafone, Airtel sim and start using it. LTE may not work in verizon phone when used in India.
Do not buy iPhone from Dubai as FaceTime will not be available.

The $50 price on best buy is not something you should Consider. It is price if locked ON CONTRACT phone. Never see bestbuy etc. I suggest you see ebay.com for used phones. Also DO NOT buy AT&T locked. The unlock link you have put is bid type an not buy it now. Usual unlock prices go for more than $60 or so.
The only thing you should consider if you want to buy iPhone 5S from USA is that it should be either factory unlocked or locked to verizon only. Verizon locked is ok since it's GSM part is unlocked so you can pop in your Vodafone, Airtel sim and start using it. LTE may not work in verizon phone when used in India.
Hello,
i became a big fan of iOS after using my iPod Touch 4th Gen..
but seeing it getting outdated i sold it and from then i was looking for a iOS device..
i am also very keen on importing iPhone 5s from US and use it with R-Sim
could you pls help me out getting a iphone from us

what is the minimum amount i need to spend to use it with indian sim ?
and as an ipod without sim ?[DOUBLEPOST=1419072822][/DOUBLEPOST]see this :-
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Apple-iPhon...1509119378?pt=Cell_Phones&hash=item20f299cd92

Last edited:
64Gb And 35k is way to much..
16Gb will do

Did you take care to read the whole listing page ? 16 and 32gb are links are provided there.

16GB Available Here! http://www.ebay.com/itm/Apple-iPhone-5S-16GB-GSM-Unloc Space-Gray-Silver-Gold-IOS-Smartphone-/131380177014

If these link don't work, go to ebay.com see daily deals, copy paste that item number / description in geb . Ebay .in search bar and you can get price in INR
:rolleyes:

Did you take care to read the whole listing page ? 16 and 32gb are links are provided there.

16GB Available Here! http://www.ebay.com/itm/Apple-iPhone-5S-16GB-GSM-Unloc Space-Gray-Silver-Gold-IOS-Smartphone-/131380177014

If these link don't work, go to ebay.com see daily deals, copy paste that item number / description in geb . Ebay .in search bar and you can get price in INR
:rolleyes:

i think 5s is out of my budget..so what will be better 5 or 5c..5 is discontinued now

Those 10$ unlock are clean IMEI . which means out of contract service.
Current pricing to unlock att iPhone under premium(lost ,stolen,barred,blocked, in contract) is 2100 INR.
So better option for you would be grab the factory unlocked or Verizon one .

Don't import, import duties are high and kills the deal, You will pay approx 4500 for import and 1500 for shipping.

Don't import, import duties are high and kills the deal, You will pay approx 4500 for import and 1500 for shipping.

Import duty is ~7% of Landing cost. Shipping is ~10$ through shopandship. Over this I need to pay for unlock service . It comes to ~85USD in total.

Last edited:
Import duty is ~7% of Landing cost. Shipping is ~10$ through shopandship. Over this I need to pay for unocock service . It comes to ~85USD in total.

Can you give the break up ?
What do you think will be the landing cost ? Because that is the cost that customs determine and not the shipping forwarder.
Also how much you are expecting to pay for unlock services ?

Can you give the break up ?
What do you think will be the landing cost ? Because that is the cost that customs determine and not the shipping forwarder.
Also how much you are expecting to pay for unlock services ?

Landing cost = Freight charges + item cost + insurance. = 10$ + 50$ + 0.5$

I am expecting to pay around 20$ for unlocking

Import duty is ~7% of Landing cost. Shipping is ~10$ through shopandship. Over this I need to pay for unocock service . It comes to ~85USD in total.
import duty now is 11%, for iPhone 5S 16GB, the import duty will be about ~4700₹.

Shop and ship shipping - $10 - $15 based on accessories you get.

Unlock service will cost you easily $50-$60, but there is no guarantee it will work.

Back