Buying camera, Entry level DSLR or a Super-zoom?

wait for someone to comment on the dealer warranty thing and on the same note... the dealers feedback if avlbl...

ps. he already sold 3.

Dealer warranty - Simple thing, if something wrong happens to camera within warranty period, he will replace/repair it..

I think I'm right.

Finally going with

Nikon D5000 DSLR camera ;)

Purchasing from eBay

eBay India: NIKON D5000 DSLR CAMERA 18-55mm VR LENS + WARRANTY (item 260601312284 end time 19-May-2010 09:00:00 IST)

I had a chat with dealer. He's giving Camera body, Lens, lens cap, strap , usb ,av cable, battery, charger, manual, software and 1 Year Dealer warranty.

He's not going to provide bag and SDHC card. Which I'll purchase SDHC and bag separately. Even then the overall damage is ~27.8k + 1.2k = 29k. So it's fair deal at all.

Gonna pay him tomorrow, so before purchasing please comment on this deal.

Rahulrulez said:
Gonna pay him tomorrow, so before purchasing please comment on this deal.

Before making payment, make sure of the dealer's warranty terms and conditions. Not to discourage you, but heard that ebay dealer warranty is as good as no warranty. Or better, let us hear from somebody who has availed of dealer warranty. (In my opinion, it is always better to pay a bit more and have peace of mind with manufacturers warranty or else get a piece without warranty after thorough personal inspection, if it is considerably cheaper.)

I had discussed with a seller about dealer warranty, like what exactly it is?

And I was told that it's like the seller will provide free service but required spares cost has to be borne by the buyer(owner).

So IMHO as Janitha also said, dealer warranty on eBay is as good as no warranty.

IMO dont get the SDHC card. You will require a faster card for best performance. Something like a Sandisk Extreme III or faster.

Back