Buying camera, Entry level DSLR or a Super-zoom?

BF1983 said:
IMO dont get the SDHC card. You will require a faster card for best performance. Something like a Sandisk Extreme III or faster.

Sandisk Extreme III also is an SDHC card, though with higher speed. Even Extreme IV is there IIRC.;)

Hmm, again in dilemma whether to purchase camera with Dealers warranty or not :huh:

I've seen the dealer ratings, good ratings as far I've seen. I've one doubt, even if something happens to camera, can I repair it in any Nikon Service center without warranty (by paying cash?)

I just talked with a dealer about warranty.

Here's what he say,

Dear rahul.patil,

Sir.

The only difference between the dealers warranty and manufacturer warranty is that , in case of any issue you need to contact the dealer and we will get the issue resolved from nikon workshop.

The camera comes box packed.

Regards

Sent on my BlackBerry® from Vodafone

I asked whether the camera is refurbished or brand new. He told me the camera is brand new and box packed. Also The warranty is what, I never cared of, I can spend money to repair it. I just need a good quality :)

So should I go with this deal?

^ He's not going to replace the product except DOA. If anything happens to the camera, he's resolve it from nikon workshop. So there's no replacement. Is is ok to go with? (Considering camera is in box packed condition i.e. Brand new)

Just asked the seller, what will he do if the camera is unrepairable, his answer was kinda funny,

Dear rahul.patil,

Sir.
We send the camera to nikon workshop in singapore.
They will be able to fix it.
Regards
Sent on my BlackBerry® from Vodafone

Back