Buying from US - Best Deals - Discussion Thread

I guess we can only buy phones that have completed 2 years of contract period? Under this option option I think the latest I can get is iphone4?

Do suggest more options if you are aware of any.

Not really. People do sell iPhones prematurely, like i got an iPhone 4S AT&T in October (approx) 2012 and i am pretty sure it was in contract by the previous seller, since the iPhone was introduced in 2011 October. Moreover not sure if mine was a replacement of not, but the manufacturing date of the phone was around May 2012, as per the serial number.

- - - Updated - - -

LOL, many people have bought 5 pieces each.

Of ? iPhone 5 listed above your post ?

Not really. People do sell iPhones prematurely, like i got an iPhone 4S AT&T in October (approx) 2012 and i am pretty sure it was in contract by the previous seller, since the iPhone was introduced in 2011 October. Moreover not sure if mine was a replacement of not, but the manufacturing date of the phone was around May 2012, as per the serial number.

Was the phone you bought unlocked or did you unlock it? Also what price am I looking at for a 4s like you bought.

has anyone ordered a laptop from apple store in the us to india before?

Im looking to order a 13" mba.

Are sites like hopshop and ishopintl useful for doing the same?

ebay.com :|

I am looking for used phones. So I searched ebay.com and found this phone:

HTC Droid Incredible | eBay

Is this phone selling for such low prices in US as compared to India? Pls tell how can I buy this mobile and get it delivered in India else Will I have to call any friend in US to buy it for me there online and then send it to me?

My friends had earlier suggested me this site for buying in US...

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/moa/

Which way is better, cheaper and more feasible?

^^Forget craiglist, it is not for people like us who are sitting in India. It is usually for in person dealing.

Do you mean that the person should be present there to buy these phones from shops...If yes, I know this and he had suggested me this site only because he is in DC right now and is living there, he or his friends come to India in 1-2 months time and they can deliver these to me....I just have to tell him which phone to buy...

So Now tell which site is better to buy?

Do you mean that the person should be present there to buy these phones from shops...If yes, I know this and he had suggested me this site only because he is in DC right now and is living there, he or his friends come to India in 1-2 months time and they can deliver these to me....I just have to tell him which phone to buy...

So Now tell which site is better to buy?
Yes that's how it works. But in case of craiglist it is more about interacting with the seller, it is usually not a shop but any random guy selling his used phone. There might be listing of shops as well. Your friend will have to visit the place or meet the person and check the phone and buy it.
In ebay.com least you are safe by paisapay Paypal payment

Other than phones, what other products are very cheap compared to Indian prices (like HDD or 3G dongle or tablet as I will be buying them too). So please suggest what & where to buy?

Yes that's how it works. But in case of craiglist it is more about interacting with the seller, it is usually not a shop but any random guy selling his used phone. There might be listing of shops as well. Your friend will have to visit the place or meet the person and check the phone and buy it.
In ebay.com least you are safe by paisapay Paypal payment

Ebay.com may be safe by paypal, but you can't see the actual product, sometimes the seller also sends defective products (in buying used products like Used mobiles)...

Guys I am seeing a listing in ebay.com for Pantech Burst for $120

Do you know of any other options where I can get it for cheaper. The phone will be shipped to a friend in US and he will bring it here when he comes.

I see two listings. One is unlocked and other is locked and both look almost similar except that the package contains USB in the case of $129.99 one while the $119.99 one doesn't have USB. I guess this is USB cable.

$119.99 listing
New Pantech P9070 Burst Unlocked 4G Android Touch 5MP Cam 16GB Phone Black | eBay

$129.99 listing

New Pantech P9070 Burst at T 4G Android Touch 5MP Camera 16GB Smart Phone Black | eBay

Apart from this are there any other differences that I should be aware of? Which one should I buy? From what I have read in the Pantech thread it seem the unlock code is very easy to get.

I see two listings. One is unlocked and other is locked and both look almost similar except that the package contains USB in the case of $129.99 one while the $119.99 one doesn't have USB. I guess this is USB cable.

$119.99 listing
New Pantech P9070 Burst Unlocked 4G Android Touch 5MP Cam 16GB Phone Black | eBay

$129.99 listing

New Pantech P9070 Burst at T 4G Android Touch 5MP Camera 16GB Smart Phone Black | eBay

Apart from this are there any other differences that I should be aware of? Which one should I buy? From what I have read in the Pantech thread it seem the unlock code is very easy to get.

bought unlocked one,everything was there,and it has a new box :) (new stock) !

Guys, I am thinking of sourcing a title through Amazon Global. The price is pretty decent (29.74 USD!).

This is the one (hasn't released here) - Amazon.com: Journey Collector's Edition: Video Games

If someone has sourced titles or blu-ray discs via the Amazon Global program, could you please shed some light on the duties charged? I am planning to opt for the cheapest shipping option. Someone here did mention that they used a specific courier (and not India Post) to deliver the consignment within India but it was some unknown courier IIRC.

alekhkhanna
-
How do you source the titles? Via the regular method or the global program?

Knowing Amazon's good customer support, I have no qualms if some issue arises later on but I hope that doesn't happen.

Many TIA!

@Gannu

Did you go on amazon global and added the title to your card and went till the last page where you can review your order ?
It will give you all the extra costs and duties there and what you see is what you pay. This is true for Amazon global.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gannu

Did you go on amazon global and added the title to your card and went till the last page where you can review your order ?
It will give you all the extra costs and duties there and what you see is what you pay. This is true for Amazon global.

Yes. I think I did that yesterday but left at the last page which was just before the payment prompt. Shall check it with my phone in a moment.

This is what i get...

[h=3]Order summary[/h]
Items:$29.74
Shipping & handling:$9.98

Total before tax:$39.72
Estimated tax to be collected:$0.00
Import Fees Deposit$12.27

Order total: $51.99

[h=4]Choose a shipping speed:[/h]
AmazonGlobal Standard Shipping (averages 9-12 days)

Back