Buying iPod Touch 4G

cyberboy_varad

Disciple
Hi Friends,

I've decided to buy the new ipod touch 4G. Can anyone tell me when it will be launched in India?
I want it as soon as possible so I'm thinking to order it from the Apple US site and ship it to the relatives in USA. My relatives will courier it me to my residence in India. But for this do I need to pay custom duties While Importing in India?

The Apple US site is selling the ipod touch 32GB for 299$ which is very cheap ~approx. 15k INR which is a very good deal. Can anybody tell me should I buy from US or wait to launch in India?

It'll probably cost about the same here in India. Wait a few weeks n just get it from the grey market. Apple has an international warranty which is enabled after you register the serial number. I've personally experienced this and can vouch for it :)

Official Indian pricing is 15400(inclusive of VAT) + Local state / Municipal taxes for 8GB model.

iPod is something that is not worth importing unless it comes as gift from your relatives :p

It should be available in retail within a week.

cyberboy_varad said:
sorry but I wont go for Grey Stuff.
LOL just in case you were not aware, Apple honors worldwide warranty for their product line-up except the iPhone, without the need for producing a bill. So it doesn't matter if you get it through the grey market, or from the iStore or some relative of yours from abroad. :p

thanks for the help

The ICC World quoted the price of the iPod Touch 32GB after importing from US as Rs. 17,895/- (including Item Price + Local Shipping + Taxes + International Shipping + Duty + Taxes + Fees). I think after it's out in Retail in India the price will be approximately same.

So what do you say, Should I buy it from US or wait for release in India or Get it from Grey Market?

cyberboy_varad said:
will it be available cheap in Grey market? and also what about the Guarantee that the product will be genuine?
Grey market does retail Apple iphones and iPods for cheap. Could you not distinguish between a genuine Apple product and a cheap Chinese fake by looking at the two? Take a friend along if you feel you can't.

Desecrator said:
LOL just in case you were not aware, Apple honors worldwide warranty for their product line-up except the iPhone, without the need for producing a bill. So it doesn't matter if you get it through the grey market, or from the iStore or some relative of yours from abroad. :p
And that is exactly what i had said :)

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

cyberboy_varad said:
Not the chinese one but in some cases people got fake ipod's in original Box. So worrying to buy it from Grey Market.
Dude... you open and check the device before taking it !!! I have never had a problem with anything bought from the grey market. I have complete faith in it :D Only one bad experience till now and that too on a low value item.

thanks for the help guys!

Can you suggest some grey market's in Mumbai for buying iPod's. I've herd about ALFA but don't know about it's feedback.

cyberboy_varad said:
will it be available cheap in Grey market? and also what about the Guarantee that the product will be genuine?
Just take your lappy to the shop, hook up the ipod and load itunes.

well, I called iStore today, they told that the iPod Touch will we available in India within next two weeks the cost will be : 15k, 19.9k, 25k. After it's out in stores how much time will it require to reach it in GreyMarkets?

Desecrator said:
About 24, 990 INR? :p
Yeah checked the apple store as saw the prices, they are priced almost same as 3G's and i was expecting the 4G to be expensive(bcos for camera). I bought mine 64 3G from lynx for about 22-23k about 2-3 k cheaper than istore.

Back