Buying Ps3

yash140

Disciple
Helloiam planning to buy a ps3 on june 1st...................i have some doubts should i go for xbox360 iam going for the ps3 because of the blueray .also wat pack should i take iam buying in grey rs2 or killzone2 or gta4.will the ps3 come with a hdmi cable..................wat is the cost of ps3 in national market bangalore and also the games waat is the cost kindly reply

no need to go for the 360 unless you are going to mod it. also it will end up costing more than the ps3.

buy ps3 with warranty. the killzone 2 pack ps3 is available for Rs.23,500/-
its a 80gb ps3 with 1 ds3 controller & kz2 game.
the hdmi cable is not included. you can buy the mx brand hdmi cable for 300-400rs locally.

PS3 is the right choice now since it clearly shows its potential wil killzone 2 gfx, Also apart from having only firmware upgradable bluray player, it also has a lot of awesome exclusive titles lined up like GOW3,infamous,unchartered 2 etc

RS2 or killyone 2 or gta4....
If you want to play online then KILLZONE 2 is the way to go, no game comes near this one in terms of gfx or gameplay really addictive though more than counter strike and COD4;-)
If you are looking for single player experience then may be gta4 cause killzone 2 campaign is awesome but pretty small IMO.

NO PS3 doesnt come with a HDMI cable, you have to buy it separately

yup...........i really need to justify the 20 k price for a gaming console for my parents.......it seems ps3 is really worth it.i will be buying a pack and 1 extra game for how much does gta 4 retail...........?hey can ps3 be used by my not tech savvy parents to watch movies and stuf like that when iam in hostel...?thk u

yash140 said:
yup...........i really need to justify the 20 k price for a gaming console for my parents.......it seems ps3 is really worth it.i will be buying a pack and 1 extra game for how much does gta 4 retail...........?hey can ps3 be used by my not tech savvy parents to watch movies and stuf like that when iam in hostel...?thk u

yes it is very easy & straightforward to use. you can connect any usb keyboard/mouse to it & browse the net also.

stormblast said:
yes it is very easy & straightforward to use. you can connect any usb keyboard/mouse to it & browse the net also.

I didn't know that. :ashamed:

Killzone 2 is damn addictive after finishing single player I have been at it for 4 straight hrs of MP.

You can get the BluRay remote so that it makes it easier to use like just any other DVD player.

Also PS3 has flash enabled browser so sites like youtube open Just Fine...

@Aphro_EVO: Amen to that... I dumped resistance 2 and COD after playing Killzone 2. Really almost all other games looks like garbage before this

u guys make me go crazy over killzone 2.....i really cant wait to play it.hey i have a bsnl upto 2mb/s data connection i rout it over a net gear router will it be enough to play MP in killzone i mean without any lags etc........problems due to slow internet????

Yash don't worry mate , KZ2 is lag free just like R2, your connection will work fine. Its mp is kick ass , come over to GI as well if you wanna join clans and play regularly with other Indian KZ2 players.

Joy :)

akarsh said:
ps3 is good but spending 3500 for all new game is whats backing me off
but i think i will get ps3

no games except mrp of re5 & sf4 cost 3500.

most of the games cost 2500rs & after a discount u get them for around 2200-2300rs.

i will be buying ps3 in BELLARY my hometown it costs 25k in the sony show room there with killzone2 game...............how much does a extra controller cost?????

yash140 said:
i will be buying ps3 in BELLARY my hometown it costs 25k in the sony show room there with killzone2 game...............how much does a extra controller cost?????

extra controller will Dual shock 3 mrp :2900 and on ebay its 2300
also try to get discount in ur sony world showroom as they have 10% margin they may give u 5%.

also try old games first of ps3 that wont be much on ur pocket and u will get it on cheap like heavnly sword nice game.that too you will get for 1300 and blu ray movies will be available only in delhi or metropolitan area which will cost something around 1500 which is good entertainment if you have bigger tv rest your ps3 can play most of the format.

i guess it helped you.

yup.......its confirmed my dad agreed to buy a ps3......iam real happy.......hey iam buying it for 21500rs in bangalore national market with warranty......hurray

hey guys i have a budget of 26000 to spend...so 21500 for the ps3 tat leaves me with 26000-21000 osrry poor in maths........so help me divide this money to a gta4 , hdmi cable and one more game.......i dont the prices tats why,.....help me guys.........i can had a 500 more but tats it

My posts are screened by Mods donno how fast this one will post itself...
ill help you divide your money...
buy a xbox 360--arcade--16000/- will be cheaper say around 10,000/- if u know someone in US.
mod it ...
then games are 100 bucks to 150 bucks a piece ...so u will be able to buy 20 games for the cost of one killzone...maybe more...
if you are such a fan of killzone,gow etc then jus ignore this post....
and yes for the 26000-16000=10000 buy a old PSP and mod that too
and download all the games you can from the net
:)
my two cents
your money ..your life
wait for blu ray players for a few yrs
presently they are too expensive (and media is also very expensive 50/bucks for a moserbaer DVD and 1500-2500 for a BD of the same Movie)
the tech def has potential for the future..but right now its that ...the future....
if you are into High Defbuy a NMT ...(google it)
and download all the hi def movies from the net for next to nothin(and for those who say ps3 also plays movies from the hard drive....it does not play MKVs which is the defacto HD movie format on the net)
anyways have a nice time
gameon

hey mods jus ban this guy he is encouraging piracy................and to u pirate boy...................................u will fell the pain of piracy if ur a devloper or atleast a diehard gamer or a geek....

Back