Bypassing Office internet

Hi

Our office is using lan based internet. Some of the sites are not opening nor do softwares like India Infoline's Trader Terminal are working.

Please tell if there is a software to make it bypass these?

Proxy sites don't work??

Or else buy this http://www.dialabook.in/books/how-to-unblock-everything-on-the-internet_1_12324.html .
<

At my work place everything opens except for social Networking and image hosting sites , youtube , gaming sites , forums all open

your trader terminal wont work with the external proxy's. if it works by chance, it will be too slow and by the time you see the price, it will be too late. your software would lag by a minute or more on the proxy.

if your main aim is to invest, then talk with your manager or someone in IT dept to get that terminal port opened. Or get a small netbook and use it with dongle if allowed by your company. Just ask your manager, instead of trying to circumvent proxies. if you get caught, you will get an earfull and be under the IT dept scanner. remember, the software proxies record everything, even when you use external proxies. use them too much and the guys will block those too.

I just saw a thread where someone was asking how to block internet access on office network save for official office sites.

I suppose we should merge the two threads, coz every solution give to him will have a anti-solution to bypass the blockade
<

I agree with #6pack. Once you are caught, you might be under the scanner for sometime and every move might be watched. It is better to either talk to your manager and get the requisite permission, else get a seperate USB dongle, run it with a VM.

in my office, few of the 'web-sensed' sites can be open by tweaking the url as

www.google.com/?=<companyname>.com

I dunno how its works....but we watch live cricket like this in bcci.tv site. It opens few other sites - facebook landing page opens can't login since redirects cannot be managed like this.

How about getting one 7 incher Tablet with 3G & take it to your office if your company allows and trade using websites of the bank if that's possible in practice ?

P.S. : I am not sure if its possible in practice to trade / invest using sites but if it is that would be a workable solution for #rohitshakti2.
<

I suggest not trying to violate your companies IT policies .. it could get you into trouble..

Don't rely on unencrypted proxy sites n services for doing your trading work or accessing your mail accounts.

You will become a target of lot of spam or even have your accounts compromised.

The risk is very real.

As #6pack said "software proxies record everything". There are even tools to monitor your desktop and your daily activities. So, instead of getting into trouble, buy a 3G enabled tablet and access the required sites. Else buy the USB internet dongle as he suggested earlier.

There are organizations that would not even give you a warning before throwing you out.

Using proxies are OK for surfing the web. You do not want to use a proxy for confidential or finance related stuff. Do understand that all your traffic passes through the proxy so all your passwords, account information would be visible to anyone with access to the proxy server.

If you really want to trade on the markets, I'd back the suggestions to get your own tablet/laptop for the purpose, or using your own USB dongle on your office computer.

Back