PC Peripherals Cabinet & SMPS

I would also suggest the CM extreme power 600W as a budget solution. It costs 3.2k here in chandigarh. Also the iGreen is a better sereis and hence the 500W iGreen is costlier (5.5k) than extreme power 600W.

As for the cabby you might go for any cabby that takes your fancy, just ensure that it had good ventilation.
@vegeta: Those Techtree prices are one year old.

oh the 600w extreme has fallen that looks good. i think u can now go for the BIJLI N EXTREME COMBO within 5k ! FULL VALUE for money.

@PCJedi

I went to ANA Computers in andheri.. the cooler master 600w was of Rs.4200/- , i dont mind spending it... is igreen more expensive even @ 500w???

I dont get this Active PFC & eps 12.

Ambar said:
What about the Coolermaster Elite 330 with Coolermaster ExtremePower 600w?

I don't mind spending, if I'm getting almost same cabby for 1500(with 3 fans) + my two extra fans + power supply @ that cost?

I case of portability , its going to stay below my desk(this is why i need extra fans) I'm very much concentrated on my core rather looks.

Lord Nemesis said:
I would also suggest the CM extreme power 600W as a budget solution. It costs 3.2k here in chandigarh. Also the iGreen is a better sereis and hence the 500W iGreen is costlier (5.5k) than extreme power 600W.

As for the cabby you might go for any cabby that takes your fancy, just ensure that it had good ventilation.
@vegeta: Those Techtree prices are one year old.

Ooopss... I missed the date :p

Btw, u've almost same config as mine.You are using Antec Neo HE 500 which is Sli ready??? Have your word on it & How much did it cost you?

Home : Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 2.7 GHz
Is this your over clocked speed(Its 2.4ghz, initially) and in your rig gallery u've mentioned CPU: Core 2 Duo E6300 @ 1.925 GHz, have you recently upgraded??

Ambar said:
What about the Coolermaster Elite 330 with Coolermaster ExtremePower 600w?

Coolermaster Elite 330 is horrible when compared to chieftec bh or lbx series

@vegeta, buy the Corsair HX520W if you do not mind spending 5-6k as it is better than the Antec Neo HE 500W, Antec True Power Trio 550W & CM iGreen 500W

Review: jonnyGURU's Personal Website

vegeta said:
I went to ANA Computers in andheri.. the cooler master 600w was of Rs.4200/- , is igreen more expensive even @ 500w???

Coolermaster EP 600W for 4.2k is a bit too high.....

Yes iGreen is more expensive..will be above 5.1k i think

Also even if its at 500W,it has better ratings and some more stuff which i don't understand myself :bleh:

Udit said:
Coolermaster Elite 330 is horrible when compared to chieftec bh or lbx series

I wasn't OBVIOUSLY comparing it with the Chieftec re....i was comparing it with those Bijili or Lava or wtv

Ambar said:
I wasn't OBVIOUSLY comparing it with the Chieftec re....i was comparing it with those Bijili or Lava or wtv

yes CM Elite 330 beats them easily IMHO :) but a 8800GTX will not fit in CM Elite 330 without loosing one HDD slot :(

@vegeta, buy chieftec bh or lbx series & enjoy

vegeta said:
Btw, u've almost same config as mine.You are using Antec Neo HE 500 which is Sli ready??? Have your word on it & How much did it cost you?

I bought the Neo HE for 6.2k almost an year back. Think its still lingering around at the same price. Its a very good PSU and I am glad I bought it. Handles my rig without a sweat. Its got three 12V rails rated for 17A max on each and combined peak output of 38A (456W) on the 12V rails.

But now the Corsair HX620 (620W) is available in India for just a bit more and many people swear by it. So If you night wanna consider it over the Neo HE 500.

vegeta said:
Is this your over clocked speed(Its 2.4ghz, initially) and in your rig gallery u've mentioned CPU: Core 2 Duo E6300 @ 1.925 GHz, have you recently upgraded??

Didn't update my Sig and rig gallery in a while :eek:hyeah: I had got a E6300 for my sister and had used it for 2~3 months before giving it to my sister. Its over clocked to 2.15 GHz. I am myself using a E6600 over clocked to 3 GHz. Yesterday I clocked it back to 2.4 GHz as the processor is getting hot with the stock HSF in the summer heat. Will overclock it again when I get my Cooler Master GeminII HSF and 2 x 120mm Fans for it. :D

Ambar said:
Coolermaster EP 600W for 4.2k is a bit too high.....

All Cooler Master stuff seems to be pretty costly in Mumbai over the prices for the same stuff in Delhi or Chandigarh. Its available for 3.2k locally.

don't skimp on psu esp with 8800 series g cards...

get atleast a coolermaster 600w (similar to seventeam 500w) psu for ~3.5k. antec neo he 500w may be better purchase than igreen 500w, if you have a budget of 5k for the psu.

Lord Nemesis said:
I bought the Neo HE for 6.2k almost an year back. Think its still lingering around at the same price. Its a very good PSU and I am glad I bought it. Handles my rig without a sweat. Its got three 12V rails rated for 17A max on each and combined peak output of 38A (456W) on the 12V rails.

But now the Corsair HX620 (620W) is available in India for just a bit more and many people swear by it. So If you night wanna consider it over the Neo HE 500.

rPOk said:
don't skimp on psu esp with 8800 series g cards...
get atleast a coolermaster 600w (similar to seventeam 500w) psu for ~3.5k. antec neo he 500w may be better purchase than igreen 500w, if you have a budget of 5k for the psu.

iam saying this the 4th time the Corsair HX520W is available nowadays according to TE Bangalore member Lord Dagon

the Corsair HX520W beats the coolermaster extreme power 600w (similar to seventeam 500w), antec neo he 500w & igreen 500w

buy the Corsair HX520W if on a 5-6k budget

you should try & find Corsair HX520W

you will not regret buying it

vegeta said:
@PCJedi

I went to ANA Computers in andheri.. the cooler master 600w was of Rs.4200/- , i dont mind spending it... is igreen more expensive even @ 500w???

I dont get this Active PFC & eps 12.

The official price for the Extreme 600 is 3950 in mumbai, max. the igreen official price 6250 (no flames please, i am just giving the prices i found out in mumbai)

I think the Extreme 600 is as good as the Seventeen 500 watts, so it would be a wise choice for the budget.

Also the Chieftec SMPS if you go and check as stocked by Arihant are the 3rd grade quality ones, i checked the part no. Chieftec just like other companies have a better range called 2.0, which is the least you could buy, but that is not locally available. My recommendation the Extreme 600 at 3950 or the Powersafe 500 watts - golden one, with the 120 mm fan. This recommendation is keeping your budget in mind.

PCJedi said:
The official price for the Extreme 600 is 3950 in mumbai, max. the igreen official price 6250 (no flames please, i am just giving the prices i found out in mumbai)

Cooler Master ExtremePower 600W is available for Rs 3450.00 shipped from itdepot.

IT-Depot

Back