Call of Duty: Black Ops - Discussion Thread

Re: Call of Duty Black Ops Discussion Thread.

^Quantum Theory - you serious? :O

The game has got some really poor reviews.

A frnd bought this last evening, says its mediocre at best. Looks like a rehash from Activision once again, wonder how much they paid off the reviewers to give this a good score. brotherhood all november and Gt5 in december sounds like a plan.

Theres always killzone 3 for the FPS starved gamer on the PS3 in a few months

Surprisingly it runs great on my system

8800gt ,e6600 overclocked to 3 ghz , 2 gig ram - all high settings , 1440 x 900 resolution , no AA , AF x4 , "Vsync off "

turn vsync off guys and ramp up AF dont turn it off completely , use to frame drop badly first but now constant 35 - 50 fps :) and smooth

As soon i turned off vsync and Upped AF the shutters where gone LOL strange :p ( turning vsync off also helped some other guys in steam forums :) solved my shutters too )

Playing quantum theory in month of November shows death of games ;-)

Desecrator said:
^Quantum Theory - you serious? :O

The game has got some really poor reviews.
It won't be the first time I have picked up poorly rated title. Clash of the Titans got bashed the same way, but I enjoyed the game. Not saying the same would be Quantum Theory, but it's worth a shot.

panvirgo89 said:
Surprisingly it runs great on my system

8800gt ,e6600 overclocked to 3 ghz , 2 gig ram - all high settings , 1440 x 900 resolution , no AA , AF x4 , "Vsync off "

turn vsync off guys and ramp up AF dont turn it off completely , use to frame drop badly first but now constant 35 - 50 fps :) and smooth

As soon i turned off vsync and Upped AF the shutters where gone LOL strange :p ( turning vsync off also helped some other guys in steam forums :) solved my shutters too )
running @1920x1080 4x AA , vsync off ,ALL MAX AVG FPS ~38

PC users, what's the word on the patch that someone mentioned has come out?

Ethan_Hunt said:
It is out for legit steam users but not for the *ahem* users yet.

This is out btw, "Call of Duty Black Ops Zombies Solo Mode Enabler-SKIDROW"

I am following the steam forums,as per forums the patch has fixed the sp/mp stuttering issue for a few people other people are still bashing stating it helped very little or no improvements at all..Treyarch have also mentioned they have started working a patch for the next set of issues..!

Ethan_Hunt said:
So you are also having issues with PC version then its going to be same since i have the similar kind of config , are the controls in 360 like Halo and does it have Auto Aim ?

stuttering has reduced a lot post patch.

there is slight freezing at round beginning and an occasional stutter in game.

but its become playable.

both single player and multiplayer.

hitman02in said:
stuttering has reduced a lot post patch.

there is slight freezing at round beginning and an occasional stutter in game.

but its become playable.

both single player and multiplayer.

how much did you get the game for?

dinjo said:
So you are also having issues with PC version then its going to be same since i have the similar kind of config , are the controls in 360 like Halo and does it have Auto Aim ?

Yep. The issues are only persistent for the PC version, the 360 version is the safest bet right now. Till now, I haven't seen a single frame drop, despite so much action going on-screen. As for the controls, it's standard shooter control mapping and yes it does have auto-aim.

seen quite a few gameplay videos no doubt the gameplay seems interesting but the optimization is very poor.

Running great in my system in full HD vsync off. It seems the game likes more than 2 cores. I hope Treyarch fixes that up soon.

Done with the SP campaign. Enjoyed the game, but falls short of the epic feeling that MW2 had, nevertheless was an excellent game. Too bad the PC version got shafted.

Back