Call of Duty: Black Ops - Discussion Thread

Re: Call of Duty Black Ops Discussion Thread.

Guys @IVG got the steam version and they are screwed especially nash

Is it me or do the visuals in Black Ops look like a step back from MW2 ?

I just played a few mins of multiplayer, and "toy-ish" is the best word I can use to describe the visuals :S Player models were a lot harder to spot in MW2 which I liked. And yeah, I hope the performance issues get fixed soon.

MW2 had razor sharp textures, gun detail and amazing lighting effects. But Black Ops doesn't look that bad either.

devesh38 said:
how are the pings to multiplayer servers from india...........??
Some of my friends have got the game, one of them was playing on an Australian server and said he was getting 185 ms.

BlackOps debuts on Steam and guess what, lag or no lag, its the highest played game right now. Here's the list :

Current Players Peak Today Game
63,343 64,267 Call of Duty Black Ops

61,929 69,975 Counter-Strike

60,689 71,997 Counter-Strike: Source

43,220 65,161 Call of Duty Black Ops - Multiplayer

41,333 65,080 Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Multiplayer

22,188 29,441 Football Manager 2011

17,301 22,742 Sid Meier's Civilization V

15,921 23,071 Fallout New Vegas

14,917 19,077 Team Fortress 2

11,505 15,893 Left 4 Dead 2

^^hmmmmmmm.... world at war was playable at 180 pings............ will w8 1 or 2 days more to see how are pings..........

Played the SP campaign for sometime now. In a word - kickass! Loved the storyline and seems like Treyarch surely has a winner here.

The game has a brilliant storyline, a better arsenal compared to MW2, amazing in-game cinematic sequences, more gore (severed limbs and torsos - reminded me of Soldier of Fortune!) and most importantly voice acting. Surprisingly, the IW engine which was the same used for MW2, seems to be poorly optimised for this game. Textures are bad even at the best settings and the lighting effects are mediocre at best. Did not have any other hiccups otherwise.

Fcuk, we've got a mini-gun in the game! When was the last time I used one in an FPS? The Venom in RTCW I guess. :D

Desecrator said:
Surprisingly, the IW engine which was the same used for MW2, seems to be poorly optimised for this game. Textures are bad even at the best settings and the lighting effects are mediocre at best. Did not have any other hiccups otherwise.
This game uses the modified COD 4 engine.This resulted in the texture quality of Black Ops being slightly lower than that of Modern Warfare 2.

Some users are saying that it is utilizing the CPU to 100% and less GPU usage, causes lags at times. Desecrator, how was it for you..?

For some ppl there are no lags or Poor Fps problems o whatsoever..But for the others its running crappy..

Yup installed the skid release and playing now, will upload a few screenshots in some hours.

Back