Call of Duty: Black Ops - Discussion Thread

Re: Call of Duty Black Ops Discussion Thread.

Its a little better for consoles. The PS3 one runs fine in single player but could have been better (as smooth as say somewhere between AC1 and Resistance 2) but in multiplayer, the stuttering is pretty irritating.

The textures in this game are a bit weird. Crap in some areas while nice in others. Even in sound, its the multiplayer that has issues with sound while its fine in single player.

crossbow said:
HD4650, C2DP8600, 4Gigs. lags started, taking hell of a time to load.
fighting Vietcong right now, And Dying 10 times minimum in one level.
Lol, that's encouraging :)

Luckily I have not yet faced any stuttering so far but I have only played for 30 mins SP and 30 mins MP.

Am I noticing a trend out here? People with Phenom CPU's are not facing this issue or the stutter is minimal.

Played the first few levels and so far there's no stuttering, running it on a Phenom X4 @ 3.2Ghz with 4GB RAM and a 4870 1GB @ 1920x1080 with 2X AA :D

OMG! The escape from Vortuka was awesome. Mini-Gun sequence and the bike ride was an adrenaline rush. This is why Call of Duty games are unmatched in terms of depicting war based games. It's a complete movie like experience.

^Haha the mini-gun was indeed awesomeness. It was a complete massacre. :D

WTF did you take a day off today? o_O

Nope. Am in office right now, I played it for an hour yesterday night after I spoke to you, then resumed it today morning before leaving to office. I stopped at the point where Mason is taken to Pentagon.

Sourcing it right now. 2.5 hrs remaining for arrival :D Can't wait to try it out .

Took the day off. Almost dome with SP. 1 more level remaining.

Presentation and story is the best among the COD series. But still think COD:MW was the best. This one does come close. Haven't faced any issues till now. The textures and graphics are much better than MW2.

Vortuka level was the best till now.

^Quite probable. :) Do give it a try. Regular was pretty good for me. I always play most games on the normal difficulty - poses a decent challenge as well. Not too hard nor too easy. :p

^Brilliant! OSTs were just awesome. I think that makes it up for the bad textures. :p

The response from Treyarch about the shutter problem - Shut down all your background apps and then run the game.

Seriously? Duh!

Back