Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - Discussion Thread

Aman27deep said:
No it was good for 2009. Won't be for 2011. We need DX 10/111 atleast. But they'll be lazy enough just to consolize port it. That's why i will preorder BF3 whenever it comes on Letsbuy/Flipkart.
True.. This should release as a Expansion pack rather than MW3...

Aman27deep said:
^ And thats the same engine used in MW 1 !! Its like a 4-5 year old engine now.

Yeah, it was OKAISH for 2009. Yet it sucked Donkey B@lls :p .
They better aim for something higher n new at-least DX10 if not11 . Else BATTLEFIELD 3 will GANG RAPE MW3 :p

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 gets a release date.

Its 8/11/11

November is also the month of another HUGE release "Skyrim" but if past COD titles are anything to go by, you will most probably finish this game before the release of Skyrim which is 11/11/11. :D

IGN

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Although not much has been revealed as yet, I am hoping and expect MW3 to be different than previous COD titles. Unlike the last few years where COD clearly had a monopoly in its genre, it now has some major competition in the form of Battlefield 3. I am not expecting any breakthrough in graphics but I do expect a longer single player experience and maybe destructible environment a la bad company 2? This or maybe the developers only strategy to beat B3 is by releasing this game a month early which btw can prove fatal for B3.

Seems to me like either MW3 has to do something really special which hasn't been done before or B3 has to really screwup in order for MW3 to rule the charts. Either way, I am excited for November. :D

I hope Acti takes doesn't rush the game. We don't want another phail product......or mayble we do. After all this will teach Acti not to milk games so badly.

But still, a tiny fraction of my heart wants to game to be awesome. :p

NOOOOOOOOOOOO. Not another title in Novemeber. I'd have to take some days off to get rid of any backlogs by then. :ashamed:

Uncharted 3, Assassin's Creed: Revelations, NFS: The Run, and now THIS! :dead:

But let us all face it, Modern Warfare 2 was awesome. :p

WOW! Another November title. I'm sure one of these developers would delay their games. We know how all the major titles coming out in May got scrambled across. I'm betting it would be Ubisoft to push Assassin Creed's release date.

^Maybe creed but activision cannot afford to push MW3 to a later date. Battlefield 3 has already created a massive hype and the only way to compete with it would be to release MW3 before B3. Skyrim on the other hand is an RPG which has its own large fanbase, so it should not be effected.

^Actually I do not quite agree with that statement. Contrary to what you might believe, Call of Duty still enjoys a huge fan base. And am I missing something here? What has Call of Duty done to receive such critical criticism from gamers lately? Both Modern Warfare and Modern Warfare 2 were more than awesome games. You are criticizing such a high quality series for not trying to reinvent the genre? Thats a bit harsh, don't you think? And all this because of Bad Company 2? The only "new" thing that BC2 had going for it were the destructible environments, the single player experience was otherwise not extraordinary.

I frankly do not see Battlefield series to gain monopoly just yet. The fall of Medal of Honor series comes to mind but that was only because MOH shot itself in the foot. I just do not see the same happening to COD series. Constructive criticism is good but I do not see any point in bashing a series baselessly.

MW3 is gonna be best selling game for 2011

MW3 is gonna be most whined about game for 2011

MW3 is gonna beat BF3 in sales.

Facts. Like it or not. Period.

Bluffy, mate. Haters gonna hate. You gotta visit steam forums.

All US peeps (Majority buyers prolly) whine about MW2, black ops all the time. (some reasons may e genuine to complain about)

When some new DLC is coming up. They all start the thread about not paying a penny more to gayarch/failarch/activision/ yevision/ wohvision or any other arch or vision for stupid DLC.

And after some time you see same peeps reply "I just could not resist, and bought finally".

I also got pissed of at time of release of Blops, coz they did not released it for PC in India. But bought it of from steam. felt like spent somewhat more, but at the end of the day enjoyed/ still enjoying a lot.

Same thing will happen to MW3, I hope they release in India. If not, steam is my friend.

But I sincerely hope they should not introduce pay-per-hour for MP. That would prolly change my decision.

There's so much hatredness for the COD series across the globe. Irrespective of the last few games (Black Ops, MW2) doing exceptionally well. Wasn't MW2 setting some WR for raking some 1b$+ revenue or something like that?

Possibly MP got a hit because of no local servers? I am not sure of that since I do not do MP gaming.

Mw 2 was good but not as much as mw1.

If you guys are mentioning bc2 is better than cod series then you should also give some strong points.

Mw1 and mw2 have the best single player campaigns.MW1 having a good storyline and gameplay.black ops having a story even better.

Bc2 on the other hand have a uninteresting storyline with a not so good gameplay in the single player campaign.even towards the end it has been stretched unnecessarily.

But when it comes to multiplayer BC2 WINS! not only that every BF series wins.
Bc2 focused more on multiplayer.

my gaming started when first cod was released.. became huge fan of it there only. Have also played BF2 and BC2. I loved those too very much. In all i like both genres very much. Will buy both if i can afford.

if MW3 follows MW2 with no server and no India Release that will be a big negative point for me going in favour of it.

If i had to pick one of these this year i would pick BF3 over MW3 as BF3 looks more promising.

crossbow said:
MW3 is gonna be best selling game for 2011
MW3 is gonna be most whined about game for 2011
MW3 is gonna beat BF3 in sales.

Facts. Like it or not. Period.
I don't know about these, but COD games always win The Most Pirated Game of the Year award, period. :p

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 might just turn out to be a blockbuster (again!). From the looks of it, what MW3 has got going for itself is the sheer epicness for which the series has been famous for. With less than spectacular graphics and same old Call of Duty style gameplay which is expected from MW3, the only way for it to beat the upcoming much hyped "Battlefield 3" would be to beat it on the Epic scale.

Four Teaser trailers have been released so far and after some deep analyzing of these trailer done by fans, it is expected that set pieces of the battles would be located at all the famous destinations across the world. So war we have been able to confirm from the trailers that the war might be taking place near Statue of Liberty, the Eiffel Tower and the Big Ben in London. And some good news for Indian gamers as well, India's picturesque town of snow covered mountains "Dharamsala" has also been confirmed for the game.

For the deep analysis of the four teasers, check out this video :

MW3 will be a flop in India because:

1. BF3 will be better. Can't be too sure about this but BF3 will surely not have the dedicated server issue.

2. They will try to charge American prices from people in India which will definitely not work.

^And how does that even matter. I am not sure but I am guessing activision probably makes less than 2% revenue from selling games in India. Moreover, the majority of Indian gamers will pirate the game anyways. And why is everyone just assuming that Battlefield 3 would be better? :S

Back