Can BADA OS be compared to ANDROID OS

abhi@989

Disciple
Hye guys.. My first eevr post,i have been planning to switch to android for quite some time but within my budget (15k) I havent been able to get features as good as of samsung wave 8500. Only problem is it is having BADA OS instead of android OS...

Can anyone point out the pros and cons between them and also suggest if i should go for this phone or not..

Thanks in advance!! :)

Regarding comparison between Os's.. google is your friend.

Whether you want to swtich from bada to android depends wat you actually want from OS. If you wants practical use of fone with apps, better support thrn android's for u. If you want a simple OS with improvements coming once in a decade, poor apps support.

The 8500 was a fone with groundbreaking hardware very rarely available. Jot down ur expectation from an OS and then purchase a fone. IMO go for an android fone from long term perspective.

Bada is not that bad but truth is it is not as good as Android. Bada OS has apps but the numbers are not many. But you can still watch videos, movies, listen to songs, play some games, surf the net, chat etc on it alsong with beasic phone features. Wave is a great device but dnt expect it to be as good as Galaxy S even though they have similar hardware. AMOLED display is the USP of the phone.

I do not agree.

Galaxy S was priced @ 28K w/o flash and Wave @ 18K, are you telling me that android and a larger screen is worth 10K extra?

Android is better because of Apps and functionality in general. Interface is $hit.

What I disliked about bada is the approach of the bada team, they just made an app store, announced a dev challenge w/ huge prize money but could not even take time out to develop some quality native apps.

2nd point: Developing/porting apps is a nightmare on bada, apparently it is dev unfriendly. Why else wouldn't devs want to put up their apps on a fresh, untapped market place. Samsung made a huge mistake here.

But if you don't feel the urge to buy apps or try every random app and are ok with with the basic functionalities which you use 90% of the times in a day, then I don't see how android is better than bada.

abhi@989 said:
Hye guys.. My first eevr post,i have been planning to switch to android for quite some time but within my budget (15k) I havent been able to get features as good as of samsung wave 8500. Only problem is it is having BADA OS instead of android OS...

Can anyone point out the pros and cons between them and also suggest if i should go for this phone or not..

Thanks in advance!! :)
assuming you are buying a new piece, s8500 is no longer available s8530 has replaced it

and regarding the os's if you are an app junkie then go for android else go for wave 2 hands down

Am having both Samsung Wave S8500 and Samsung Galaxy S I9000, to tell the truth I like Wave a lot more than Galaxy S as the interface of Wave is mush simpler and I found what I need, as far as Galaxy S is considered it just runs with Android OS which had tons of app but mostly of them are useless junks.. And the main part is Battery back UP, Galaxy S(any other Android Phone) wont even have a chance of standing near to Wave S8500 am guaranteeing it for U... Am charging Wave once per two days sometimes it goes to three :) With Music Player running almost half of the time :) and the cam Quality is much better in Wave, U can check Audio Quality in (GSMArena.com - GSM phone reviews, news, opinions, votes, manuals and more...) and this is my personal taste,

Everyone's opinion changes a lot better you itself compare in a place like Croma and buy it off :)

The Wave II definitely has a great hardware. As for the OS, I'll call it 'usable'. You can compare Bada to Symbian but it is not as feature-rich or customisable as Android.

If you need a good multimedia device, get the Wave. If you want to experience true smartphone OS, get the Motorola Defy or Galaxy SL.
I don't know what site link is given above but the original Wave isn't available in the market.

I also found wave better for general use. Its simple and it just works, and the camera and battery life on it are just awesome. Screen is gorgeous! You should definitely try and get the original wave.

@OP - Look man I'm in the same situation as you. I lost my Wave 8500 some time back (2 days before the 1.2 update came out) and decided to go for Android for a change. But 15K is not enough if you want both H/W and latest Android and an upgrade over the wave.

I'd suggest not to lose sleep over this and wait for the bada 2.0 upgrade. It is supposed to bring good things. If that upgrade fails switch to Android. There should be more phones to chose from by September.

quixand said:
@OP - Look man I'm in the same situation as you. I lost my Wave 8500 some time back (2 days before the 1.2 update came out) and decided to go for Android for a change. But 15K is not enough if you want both H/W and latest Android and an upgrade over the wave.

I'd suggest not to lose sleep over this and wait for the bada 2.0 upgrade. It is supposed to bring good things. If that upgrade fails switch to Android. There should be more phones to chose from by September.
I assume you presuming that bada 2.0 is coming to India in June? Besides there are lots of confusing reports that wave 1 may/maynot have bada 2.0. No one is clearly speaking about it.

Wave 1 is getting Bada 2.0 sure confirmed and they are still working on it, Am telling this as my brother is working for Samsung especially Bada OS :)

But he is not sure when it will be released around here, he is too busy and not properly responding to me :(

Tejas01 said:
I assume you presuming that bada 2.0 is coming to India in June? Besides there are lots of confusing reports that wave 1 may/maynot have bada 2.0. No one is clearly speaking about it.

Not June Bro, it was initially scheduled for June/July now has been pushed for a September release. And yeah Wave 1/2 will get the bada 2.0 confirmed by Samsung Dev team via twitter.

Here's a good article about why budget Android phones aren't worth it -

Why Midrange Android Phones Aren't Worth the Sacrifice

Android isn't optimized for cheap hardware so for 15k forget about getting a good deal on 'The Google Experience'.
For that money, Wave (original) is as good as it gets hardware wise and if you can forgive poor app support , its a pretty decent smartphone - it does office files, great browser, superb display and build, multitasking, best in class camera and camcorder performance, good audio quality, great battery - in short it's a 'complete' package out of the box. But once out of the box, there's little you can 'add-on' to it.

And that's where Android trumps it. With it's huge app support and comitted rooting community you can have some serious 'fun' if that's how you swing! As pointed out, to get a good deal on Android, increase your budget to 23k and you can get some great future proof phones - Galaxy S, Galaxy SL, Desire S etc (in that order).

So it all depends on you, your usage, your previous experience (first time smartphoner or a pro) and your budget.
If you CAN'T strech it to 19k (the price of Galaxy SL) and hate NOT having millions of apps (as is and will be case of Bada) BUT want great hardware may I suggest (rather controversially!) that you also look at the latest Symbian S^3 phones? Here's why -

*The new PR2 update (Symbian Anna) has really upped the game for Nokia as a competition in smartphone OS arena.
*Good app support in the ahem grey areas of the web if you know where to look!
*AMOLED display, solid build.
*Unbeatable camera and battey performance.
*Symbian is very hardware optimised, so if you think 680MHz processor is 'low-end' also consider that most of S^3 is GPU driven by BCM2727 chipset - better than iPhone 4's GPU in horsepower!
So for Nokia, I suggest N8 or if you can wait, its cheaper variant T7 (~19k).

Peace.

bhupatib said:
Android isn't optimized for cheap hardware so for 15k forget about getting a good deal on 'The Google Experience'.

+1000.

bhupatib said:
The new PR2 update has really upped the game for Nokia as a competition in smartphone OS arena.

Good app support in the ahem grey areas of the web if you know where to look!

AMOLED display, solid build.

Unbeatable camera and battey performance.

Symbian is very hardware optimised, so if you think 680MHz processor is 'low-end' also consider that most of S^3 is GPU driven by BCM2727 chipset - equivalent to iPhone 4's GPU in horsepower!

So for Nokia, I suggest N8 or if you can wait, its cheaper variant T7 (~19k).

Peace.

Even I agree with this.

@OP - decide what you want from a phone. If you can compromise with battery life / music / multimedia then go for Android or else increase your budget and get Moto Defy or Galaxy SL. try any of your friends mobile. I have a android tablet, initially I was like installing 50 apps day :p, but later I got bored and most of the apps are SHIT IMHO.

I own a Samsung Wave 2 and let me tell you after 2-3 days of buying it, I get bored from my phone but then I realize its power - Its multimedia feature. Amazing. You cannot even think about the set of features it offers in this price segment (Rs 13,700 from letsbuy after coupon). I am proud of my choice and my friends are now just say oomph whenever they see the HD quality wallpapers on my phone. Regarding Bada OS, Bada 2.0 is going to come in july and it will offer a great functionality with more multimedia features. Its all about money, if you cannot increase our budget then this is the best phone that you can avail in this price. Rest depends on your personal interest but you cannot compare Bada and Android.

avi said:
+1000.
Even I agree with this.

@OP - decide what you want from a phone. If you can compromise with battery life / music / multimedia then go for Android or else increase your budget and get Moto Defy or Galaxy SL. try any of your friends mobile. I have a android tablet, initially I was like installing 50 apps day :p, but later I got bored and most of the apps are SHIT.

Please stop generalizing. The app quality on Android is good if not excellent. Almost all the apps which is available for iPhone are available for android. The quality of the apps is comparable that available on iPhone and many a times better than iPhone. I write programs on Android and iPhone. I have used Google Nexus s at office. My wife has a galaxy 3 and she is quite happy with it after froyo update.

Regrading , Samsung wave the only thing bad about the phone is quality of apps. Good apps are almost non existent. The
only app that I liked is WAMO camera app. Although , some of the apps that come with the OS are good. I would recommend against buying this if you are a app guy.

Back