Can BADA OS be compared to ANDROID OS

abhi@989

Disciple
Hye guys.. My first eevr post,i have been planning to switch to android for quite some time but within my budget (15k) I havent been able to get features as good as of samsung wave 8500. Only problem is it is having BADA OS instead of android OS...

Can anyone point out the pros and cons between them and also suggest if i should go for this phone or not..

Thanks in advance!! :)

Lol.. Find it a little strange that nobody here's talking about Motorola Defy.. Cos, Defy>>>Wave!! It's more rugged, has comparable specs and runs on Android.. The only thing that it lacks is an AMOLED screen, but, that's not such a big deal, after all, is it...?

Wave II does not have AMOLED screen either.If it had AMOLED,it would have been a big deal.

There are people who think android is overkill for their needs,for them wave II is just perfect,it has much better display(SLCD not AMOLED) and battery life than defy.

I think at 16-17k range, it's a no-brainer to buy Defy over Wave II.

Better to have plenty in reserve than to have nothing at all(in-case you want more later and oops, nothing available)

techmonk said:
Lol.. Find it a little strange that nobody here's talking about Motorola Defy.. Cos, Defy>>>Wave!! It's more rugged, has comparable specs and runs on Android.. The only thing that it lacks is an AMOLED screen, but, that's not such a big deal, after all, is it...?

I've learnt by user experience, reviews and personal experience, that Super AMOLED is hugely superior to TFT.

The visuals, video playback is so damn crisp on the Wave, Vibrant, Galaxy S, etc. that it forms a whole new buyer segment.

Now if apps is the buyer's motive, then the Android (Defy) has no competition at all, but incase Image/Video/Visual playback is the sole requirement, then the cons of Bada OS can be ignored because of the superiorness of SuperAMOLED.

Want the best of two worlds in the similar price bracket? Then it's the Vibrant, Captivate and the Galaxy S.

@red dragon

Regarding sound quality on HTC phones.

After installing android Custom ROM on HD2 its blowing away any other phone that I listened, it includes samsung wave, iphone and optimus one and many other. Music sounds crisp and clear and its very loud so loud a good pair of head phones cant handle it.

So I believe other phones should sound good too with custom ROM. Same case I found with LG optimus one, it sounds hardly average out of the box but after flashing ginger ROM which includes DSP manager its sound pretty good.

@OP

Samsung wave is great phone for person who dont need too many aps and just want a phone for multimedia purpose. Its super fast device and works really well. So I think you should check it out before buying any another phone.

Bada 2.0 will be ass hit to android. Using wave from 7 months, working smoothly and now app store is getting rich with apps everyday.

So go for wave 2 and experience bada. Bada is not bad.

Identity said:
Bada 2.0 will be ass hit to android. Using wave from 7 months, working smoothly and now app store is getting rich with apps everyday.

So go for wave 2 and experience bada. Bada is not bad.

The thing with Wave II and Galaxy SLi9003 is that they don't have SuperAMOLED! Wave is a good option if one wants to experience Bada.

amitjakhar said:
@red dragon

Regarding sound quality on HTC phones.

After installing android Custom ROM on HD2 its blowing away any other phone that I listened, it includes samsung wave, iphone and optimus one and many other. Music sounds crisp and clear and its very loud so loud a good pair of hand phones cant handle it.
Loud does not necessarily mean good.What exactly is hand phone?

I do not know what ROM are you using,I had tried 4-5 nandroid roms and all of them sound bad with a decent earphone.

Only the winmo7 brought some improvement,but it was superbuggy at that time.

That's true, but you also need to consider that both sensation and SGS2 are comparable w.r.t. other specs.

The Android phones available last year were HTC Wildfire @ 15/16K and Sony Xperia Mini/pro @ same price and the Wave 8500 single handedly brought the 1GHz, 512 RAM battle to 20K-ish prices.

Well seriously what Bada does is Take what is the worst feature of Samsung Droids ie the "Touchwiz" interface and plasters it on a pseudo smartphone.

And mind you wave II might just be the last high end Bada phone. So I doubt seeing more high end apps and HD games on it then those already released.

Personally I dont like Bada because Unlike Android , I just cant Install launcher pro in it.Also because some apps like opera mini are yet to get bada OS specific versions. And using java version on wave II is almost like using 87 octane petrol in Lambo 640

And mind you wave II might just be the last high end Bada phone.

Which is a very bad thing, launching bada 2.0 w/o going upwards of the Wave 1. +Samsung launched 2-4 variants when 2 were enough. The lower end 2G ones may or may not get the bada 2.0 update (per twitter updates)

The thing is Bada 2.0 will be released with a newer mobile model from Samsung, that suppose to be a higher end than Wave 1 or may be with a larger screen, as people are preferring larger screen a lot now a days. After all am having both Wave I and Galaxy S, still I love Wave I a lot but I need a larger Screen its where Galaxy S comes in with a larger screen (4.0') and regarding the application part, Bada is growing... You need to wait for some more time if you need a lot of unwanted apps in the market :) and the UI is far more better than Android UI, Too simple, too easy and way too smooth than any other UI's currently.

quixand said:
Really, funny how I can draw a same comparison between Iphone and Android :)
Well There is a difference.

Android did take up some "tips" from iOS but actually ended up with a product that is arguably better and more open...

Bada does the opposite.

Talking about Bada is one thing & talking about Wave S8500 is another cuz the Device is one of the best for basic use with occasional multimedia. It's absolutely VFM in that case. If you want more out of your device then go for Moto Defy.

Back