Can BADA OS be compared to ANDROID OS

abhi@989

Disciple
Hye guys.. My first eevr post,i have been planning to switch to android for quite some time but within my budget (15k) I havent been able to get features as good as of samsung wave 8500. Only problem is it is having BADA OS instead of android OS...

Can anyone point out the pros and cons between them and also suggest if i should go for this phone or not..

Thanks in advance!! :)

Thanks guys.... you removed what little doubt i was havin in my mind. I will stick to my choice of android only, wont be taking any chances with BADA.. And since i cant buy a complete android cell (hardware + s/w) because of my low (< 15 k) budget, i will go for Optimus one for time being and make the most for android and its apps, will shift to a better hardware cell later.

As it is i am more concernd about android's apps than with any hardware fancy..

Thanks to all :)

@sandy - edited my post and I don't want to say anything more. They all just say Android has 1 lakh apps blah blah blah I wonder how many of them are really useful. Wave may not have 1 lakh apps, but it sure does have apps which are most required. Wave fabulous. Period.

avi said:
@sandy - edited my post and I don't want to say anything more. They all just say Android has 1 lakh apps blah blah blah I wonder how many of them are really useful. Wave may not have 1 lakh apps, but it sure does have apps which are most required. Wave fabulous. Period.
I agree wit him. I am a Android fanatic but I also appreciate the BadaOS. BadaOS is atleast better than the worthless Symbian.

@Comp@addict

From the looks of it you have never used a Wave and have the audacity to rage on everybody disagreeing w/ your shitty views. It's not a defamation suit, you know? Don't take it personally. Try using a Wave 8500 for 1-2 weeks and post your opinion here. Then we'll talk.

And like I said on another thread, I've used the N8 couple of times. Spec wise great, S/W wise ahem!

I moved to wave from Nokia, am currently smitten by WP7 phones but it is still not a finished product. I will probably end up w/ a high end Android by next month.

From the looks of it you have never used a Wave and have the audacity to rage on everybody disagreeing w/ your shitty views.

I havn't said Bada is shitty, and to the contrary I have indeed used a Bada phone, here's what happened.

My friend's sis logged in to her FB account(using the FB app inbuilt), and now there is no friggin way to change the account or log out or remove the app(tried google, god I tried bing too for a solution).

I havn't said Bada is shit, just saying you better stop calling Symbian^3 shitty, cause your claims are utterly baseless.

(Look man, it's a phone after all as red dragon says, lets not fight)

^you sis should have just changed her login password :bleh:

@comp - It's not fighting dude. Android fanbois simply come and blabber that it has 1lakh apps and makes tough for anyone to decide. And once they buy it, 99% of them are too biased or feel bad to scold their phone and hence they too join the line :-/

PS - I have bought Galaxy - 3 like this and had to sell it later. If you are buying a Droid, Defy should be your starting point. And O1 sucks in music IMO, Nokia phones perform in music better at that budget.

In my very first post here I've admitted the native apps on bada need rework. There is another thread where I've bashed bada for its frailties, too, you know. But there is usually a workaround for everything on the wave.

http://www.techenclave.com/mobile-phones/samsung-wave-ii-bada-os-what-189291.html

As far as S^3 is concerned , when I swipe across the screen I want the screen to not play catch up. When i unlock the phone, I don't want the dialpad to acceleromete on me after 1 second. That's it, it's not baseless, I've never compared the bada's functionality to Android or S^3, but when it comes to UI, I prefer bada over both.

(Look man, it's a phone after all as red dragon says, lets not fight)

I know, plus I need to go find myself a WP7 or an Android Phone, still unable to decide.

avi said:
^you sis should have just changed her login password :bleh:

@comp - It's not fighting dude. Android fanbois simply come and blabber that it has 1lakh apps and makes tough for anyone to decide. And once they buy it, 99% of them are too biased or feel bad to scold their phone and hence they too join the line :-/

GOd you know I have that same thought.... 1 lakh apps is one thing, the number of genuine and unique, not to mention useful apps is far far far less. Number is hardly an approach to quality.

Android fanbois simply come and blabber that it has 1lakh apps and makes tough for anyone to decide. And once they buy it, 99% of them are too biased or feel bad to scold their phone and hence they too join the line :-/

Yep. It's too bad my wave got stolen. I'm so confused between an HD7, Desire HD and SGS2 right now. I'm not a heavy app user, games don't really matter, UI exp matters. I'm going to surf a lot, read a lot, and a lot of listening to Music, podcasts etc. I'll create a separate thread for it. Peace out.

^^Desire HD is a bad phone,if you are planning to use your phone as a pmp,stay away from htc.

The only good sounding android phone I have come across is galaxy s,all other htc droids(nexus1,desire,desire hd)sounds like horse sh*t,even optimus one sounds better.

Even I do not understand why everyone is so crazy about android or i.o.s apps.

99%of those thousands of apps are pure crap and of no use.

Had the original desire for a brief period and was disgusted with it`s battery life(same with HD2 on android),currently have the galaxy tab(never used it as phone),installed a lot of apps during the first couple of weeks..found out 99.9%are useless...uninstalled all of them except dropbox.

As a phone I will always prefer my e5 and bold2 over any currently available droid.

Back