iOS Can I charge the iPad 4 brought from US with a charger made for Indian iPad?

littlepalk

Disciple
I have brought a new iPad 4 from US. But unfortunately forgot the charger.
Here in India I have a charger/adapter which I got with iPhone 5 brought from Pune.
Can I use this charger to charge the iPad without using the converter?

@littlepalk

Yes you can do that. Also the chargers accept 110v to 220v so they are universal.

On a side note, your iPhone charger will not charge the iPad. You will get a "Not Charging" sign when you try to use it. The current provided by the iPhone charger is not enough for the iPad but you can use iPad charger to charge iPhone.

You will have to buy a new charger which provides at least 2 A of current. I would suggest buying original iPad charger or some good brand like Belkin or something.

@littlepalk

Yes you can do that. Also the chargers accept 110v to 220v so they are universal.

On a side note, your iPhone charger will not charge the iPad. You will get a "Not Charging" sign when you try to use it. The current provided by the iPhone charger is not enough for the iPad but you can use iPad charger to charge iPhone.

You will have to buy a new charger which provides at least 2 A of current. I would suggest buying original iPad charger or some good brand like Belkin or something.

Thank you raksrules.
I can use the charger which is available in India, right? No voltage problem will occur?

Iphone comes with a default 5 v
The Ipad comes with a default 10v..

The ipad charger will charge a Iphone in almost half the time..

Iphone comes with a default 5 v
The Ipad comes with a default 10v..

The ipad charger will charge a Iphone in almost half the time..
thats a typo,you interchanged the W and the V
you cant plug in 10v into something rated 5v-you will destroy it.

Back