Cannon sx10is suggestion reqd

m_square

Disciple
Hi
i m planning to buy cannon sx10is..i would like to get opinion on the performance of this camera.

Please suggest where can i buy it in bangalore at the cheapest rate.

Suggestions are welcome on other ultra zoom model cameras..

my intention was initially to go with a SLR camera but that will be too expensive that's y i have shifted to SLR like models..

Thanks in advance...

But is it worth to go ahead with Sx1is with HD recording..

I think its very much over priced...

and s5is is not seen in the cannon site i thought it is discontinued..

m_square said:
But is it worth to go ahead with Sx1is with HD recording..
I think its very much over priced...
and s5is is not seen in the cannon site i thought it is discontinued..

the SX1 takes crappy images,the HD videos are good only if u pan the camera slowly or shoot a stationary or slow moving objects.lastly the SX1 cost around 32k,for the price u can get a dslr.
the SX10 is better and cheaper cost about 17k in grey market,the panasonic FZ28 is also a great choice again takes better images then SX10.

thanks adder..

sx10 is around 25k na..not sure though

what is the expected price of FZ28??

I thought of buying camera from some recognized shop since there will not be any warranty if it is bought from grey market...

m_square said:
thanks adder..
sx10 is around 25k na..not sure though
what is the expected price of FZ28??
I thought of buying camera from some recognized shop since there will not be any warranty if it is bought from grey market...

well not sure about the MRP but in grey should cost about the same as Sx10 or mostly cheaper.

jus bought the panasonic lumix zs3 4 days back.cost me 19k 4m singapore
the cam is excellent n it also has HD video recording with stereo sound. i did consider the canon sx10is b4 choosing dat but went 4 the lumi cuz of the wide lens n the sx10is's flash doesn't go down when the camera is on so its irritating. got a 8gb sd card wit it too.

m_square said:
please suggest whre in banglore can i buy it at the lower rates...

well check out grey market in national market in gandhinagar and the surrounding buildings like sukh sagar mall.

I would strongly suggest Panasonic Lumix FZ28, if image quality is your priority...

SX10-IS would be my second choice.

Avoid Nikon (P80 or P90 or whatever) unless you're getting it for... say half price or free.. :p

Last prosumer Nikon I used and liked was CoolPix 4500 (swivel body)... currently Nikon (or most of the other) has crappy non-SLR lineup.

any idea how much it will cost for a entry level SLR like 450D in grey market...

i am in total confusion weather to go ahead with a SLR like ( sx10 / FZ28) or an entry level SLR...

m_square said:
any idea how much it will cost for a entry level SLR like 450D in grey market...
i am in total confusion weather to go ahead with a SLR like ( sx10 / FZ28) or an entry level SLR...

Canon 450D should cost you around 34-35k I suppose. If you plan to do stills only, go for a DSLR, however if taking videos is also what you want, go in for a Panasonic FZ28.

coolcowboy said:
Video shooting is still a primitive feature on DSLRs and I believe none of them can match up to a Digicam/Camcorder.

well then can certainly match digicam but not a camcorder.

@m_square
the 500D is expensive will be about 40k.
if u want good still photos check out the sony A200 DSLR costs about 27k,but can be had for 23.5k in croma before stocks get over.
but remember if u want the same zoom range as sx10is or fz28 u will need some good lens so u will need to shell out quite a lot more for the lenses.

how fz28 is much better than sx10..

is it different sensor or the lens that makes it prefferable to cannon..

I was off the impression that cannon makes better camera...

one thing i noticed is fz28 is much lighter than sx10

and looks wise i liked sx10...

Back