Canon PS S3 IS

gps

Disciple
Hi guys,
i am planing to buy Canon S3 IS from USA. i am getting it for approx $350 including carry case and 1G card.

will it be a good deal and how is canon s3 is ($319).
and what about the performance of s3 is.. has anybody used it..

i have got feedback from my friends that is it good. but i just wanted others opinions.

reply sooon
thanks
gps

s3is is supposed to be a kickass cam even though only difference between s2 and s3 is an extra 1MP

price is also good but are you sure you want it with US warranty instead of indian warranty?

I won't say it's a killer deal.. it's an ok price u're getting, considering you can get the cam only for about $320 and a 1GB SD card from anywhere between $20-$30 and a case in walmart for another $4-$8. Adds up to about $350.. the camera is pretty good though.. if you can wait, the prices vary and sometimes it's available sub $300 to.

canon showroom price for s3is is 28k :s

jjm is selling it for 25k

i need info where can i get it for a lower price(duh) with full indian warranty?

The cam is good, you won't regret getting it. Nuke 24-25k is prolly the lowest you can get the s3-is with warranty. 18k is suspect cause 17k is the grey market price, no chance that'd come with cannon india warranty.

had called up sify and they said the camera is under company warranty for one year,but jjmehta quotes a higher price and the warranty is for 2years:huh:

Blade_Runner said:
The cam is good, you won't regret getting it. Nuke 24-25k is prolly the lowest you can get the s3-is with warranty. 18k is suspect cause 17k is the grey market price, no chance that'd come with cannon india warranty.
Yup, i would concur here as the prices quoting 17 - 18k are grey market prices when i was searching for the same camera.

25k was more like the price with warranty..

sifymall is quoting 17525/-.

Last week my friend needed a cheap camera for his son in boarding school. I recommended him the A460 from Sifymall. He placed his order on Friday March 23. They claimed 5-7 working days delivery. On monday March 26 he had it in hand with everything that comes bundled with the camera (manual, CD, cables, battery). There was a warranty card stating 1 year from March 23 by a canon dealer from Chennai.

Everything seems completely above board.

I don't know how Sifymall is able to give those prices that I can't get anywhere else online but they do.

gps said:
Hi guys,
i am planing to buy Canon S3 IS from USA. i am getting it for approx $350 including carry case and 1G card.

will it be a good deal and how is canon s3 is ($319).
and what about the performance of s3 is.. has anybody used it..

Canon S3 IS is good provided you are not looking for an easy point and shoot camera. It has some advanced features and you would have to play around to get the best picture.

Outdoor photography is awesome, however indoor you might not be able to get the best results with the automatic settings.

For $319 its a good deal, the Transcend 2GB 150x SD card comes for $18 and get a rechargeable battery charger pack and some 25000mah lithium batteries and you are all set. :cool2: :cool2:

@Emil, does that mean that the warranty can be availed from any of the canon service centers in India or from that dealer only? Pls confirm.

TIA

Shakensoul said:
Canon S3 IS is good provided you are not looking for an easy point and shoot camera. It has some advanced features and you would have to play around to get the best picture.

Outdoor photography is awesome, however indoor you might not be able to get the best results with the automatic settings.

For $319 its a good deal, the Transcend 2GB 150x SD card comes for $18 and get a rechargeable battery charger pack and some 25000mah lithium batteries and you are all set. :cool2: :cool2:

thats exactly what i was planing but then i came to 1 GB as i donot think it would be worth for 18$. instead i'd buy one more card later as prices are falling like anything..

i am still with 2500mah battery but i am planing to buy it from india only.. for 700 i have seen in shop.. ;)

thanks for the comments...
gps.

@EMIL, AMD..

can't i get warranty on a camera which i have bought from US. :mad: "bloody indo - us collaboration "
i mean if somebody is coming from from states to his home in India.. can't he avail his warranty .. he had paid for it man., :no:

please conform??

Canon does not offer International warranty. If you buy the camera in US, the warranty is not valid in India. There are some third party vendors like Mack who provide International warranty when you buy their service plan.

avis_gan said:
i am getting this camera from US at 289$ from deals2buy.com

Do you have an account with dell ? That site redirects you to purchase from the dell site and apply the discount coupon. They do not accept International credit cards.

Shakensoul said:
Do you have an account with dell ? That site redirects you to purchase from the dell site and apply the discount coupon. They do not accept International credit cards.

My Brother stays there, i am getting it through him

Back