Changing my Car...Need feedback & Comments

Took another ride of the Verna, the diesel this time....

Pushed it hard this time, and here is my final take on it

Perfomance: Really good..advantage Verna

Handling: Rather rubbery and too much of power assist on the steering....totally devoid of any feel of the road...advantage Corsa & Fiesta

Braking: Awesome brakes...period

Suspension: Good ride quality, though the Corsa retains its advantage here

On a side note, the cabin is quite spacious and roomy though the plastics inside, true to Hyundai tradition are tacky :p

Another TD for the Fiesta planned toimorrow..lets see how it goes

ReNaGAde said:
Get a Swift Zxi, for 5,35,000 + Free flow exhaust + K&n Performance air filter or typhoon kit , (It already comes shod with tubeles rubber) . Doing this you'll get a good 10-15 bhp performance upgrade , combined with the less overall weight, Youv'e got a pocket rocket to plug around town!!

Just a suggestion from a car nut. :p

Wat about the mileage after making these upgrades ?

^ The Swift stock as it is struggles to get past 10 in the city and with free flow exhausts, there's a absolutely no way you can get past 10.

@ Czar - The Verna is more spacious than the Fiesta so keep that thought, advance family planning :bleh:

:D

^^LOL...won't keep that car for so long anyway :p

Anyway, just for the heck of it, am TDing a Safari DICOR today though as I said, it's just for the heck of it and not a serious consideration..Will post back how it goes!

ok, just back from the Safari Dicor TD....

What do I say...it's a different beast altogether for someone who has driven pretty much just sedans/hatchbacks all his life

First the good bits: Awesome road presence, very spacious, decent pickup and acceleration for the weight....decent handling for the height, definitely much better than the scorpio....and of course, it eats bad roads with aplomb

Now the bad part: Lacks refinement ..the NVH levels are too high for someone used to driving a silent sedan and the interiors look tacky

I can live with the tacky interiors...not too sure about the NVH bit though, i am used to driving with one hand on the gearshift while driving in the city but in the safari, the gearshift was vibrating so much that i can still feel my hand tingle 15 mins after the drive.....

I'd love to get it as a second family vehicle, but till the time I am not a family man, i guess i'll have to stick with a sedan sso it is back to the Fiesta and Verna again

Fiesta (petrol)has a better overall drive quality than verna and ofcourse the looks are much much better as are the non tacky interiors..but the after sales service is bad

Verna crdi will be fuel efficient but less of a passionate drivers car and better service... and bad looks

so choice is upto u... TD and seek for urself

^ Well if you want a bigger vehicle then Innova without a shadow of a doubt.

I know its out of your budget, but a test drive will change your opinion :p

The 102bhp engine is soooo responsive, I sometimes feel that its a sedan I'm driving, with minimal body roll..

Hehe, I absolutely do not need a big vehicle...The Safari TD was just for the heck of it :)

Though if I was awash with money, I'd get a new Sedan + a safari and use the latter for weekend outings or just to strut around on the streets :p

(im new here, im supposed to act stupid)

You got the budget, go for the Honda, or if u can afford, Chevy Srv, the handling rocks. Honda's got the best power in the segment, kinda light and delicate. Try kicking the doors.

^ Well to be frank, the City looks anything but sporty to me..

And please dont talk about the SRV, your waaay better off with a Swift ZXi and the rest of the cash can be used for performance mods

I know I might get flamed for this but czar do give the Elantra GLS a drive before you decide... that is if you can stand its looks.

Hehe, yes, there are some phenomenal discounts on the Elantra as of now but the atrocious FE and the dated looks are a total let down....

BTW Just back from the hyundai showroom and the Red (bright red, not the wine red) Verna is a stunner (at least in my eyes)

Also drove the Crdi Verna and boy, the low end torque and the turbo kick @~2000rpm is phenomenal...Am not kidding but when i put it in 2nd and accelerated, the vehicle ambled along just fine at first but suddenly at ~2000rpm, some hidden beast woke under the hood, and I actually felt being pushed back against the seat...

Loved the raw power of the engine but I still cannot stand the rumble (albeit low) of even common rail diesel....

so now my heart is kinda set on the Petrol Verna (Red, of course ;) ) but to add to the confusion , some of my friends who are using a NHC have been recommending it strongly...

I have my reservations agains the NHC, but if it sells so much, there has to be sumthing good about it I presume :confused:

The City is a good car..... No doubt abt that.

But for you, I really suggest you go for the Vtec version or not at all..... Get the Fiesta or Verna.

Back