Budget 0-20k Cheap SSD suggestion

this the cheapest and better than WD green
He also needs trustworthy and cheapest not some Leven 7 11 brand..

Which sata SSD should i get?

Kingston A400 240gb
ADATA Ultimate SU650 240 GB
Crucial BX500 240GB
WD Green 240GB

Or some other (in the same price range)?
i have had 2 WD green drives, both of them working flawlessly. I have also had an RMA experience with WD before (not the green ones, but HDDs). it was seamless. WD is a trustworthy option for storage.

Get these pretty cheap i suppose
120gb https://www.amazon.in/dp/B076XWDN6V/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_BvYxFbT447EAS

250gb

Get decent ones, even i was searching for something cheap or used but if you need to install your windows then don't go for used, I was told this by my friend and it is a very sane thing tbh

If you wish to use it to store media files to be used with Tv of some media player then buy used as long as it works great, if it goes bad throw away

But buy good one if your intention is to install windows.

I bought this SSD for my desktop in 2012. I have absolutely no problem with it, even space is sufficient (have 2TB HDD for storage).

Should I considering changing it because of it's age?

Screenshot (2476).png

Are we continuing on this thread? I am looking to upgrade my Dell n5010 i3 370M processor with a ssd from 320gb HDD? Any suggestions guys? Also I had purchased a HDD Cabby to store on hdd.

What is your budget? How much capacity are you looking for?
I would first suggest you to go through this thread to see if you can find your worthy drive based on your requirements. For other specifics members would suggest alternatives.

What is your budget? How much capacity are you looking for?
I would first suggest you to go through this thread to see if you can find your worthy drive based on your requirements. For other specifics members would suggest alternatives.
Looking for Crucial MX500 500gb sata

It's amazing. I have been using the same model, same size both on my laptop and desktop. No complaints.
Just a reminder, my desktop machine is Sata 1.5, so getting half the speeds but still it's rock solid.

It's amazing. I have been using the same model, same size both on my laptop and desktop. No complaints.
Just a reminder, my desktop machine is Sata 1.5, so getting half the speeds but still it's rock solid.
Well I have plan to upgrade my Dell N5010 with a Sata Drive 2.5 and then through a hdd cabby use the 320gb hdd

this the cheapest and better than WD green
Its use and throw product no warranty

I bought a ADATA SU650 240 GB for Rs 2249 from recent Amz deal.

Its better than most options in the budget.
How is the su650 better than say the bx500 ?

I completely dropped my plans of getting a dramless ssd anyway. Was looking at the samsung 860 evo in the end. but decided not to right now. my old 840 evo is still chugging along...

I completely dropped my plans of getting a dramless ssd anyway. Was looking at the samsung 860 evo in the end. but decided not to right now. my old 840 evo is still chugging along...
Ran out of M.2 slot ? Because, at the amazon 970 Evo Plus was selling for not much higher than 860 Evo.

Ran out of M.2 slot ? Because, at the amazon 970 Evo Plus was selling for not much higher than 860 Evo.

Old mobo, no m.2, Else no question of getting a 2.5". This was also why i wanted a dirt cheap ssd like the bx500 to hold me off till the next mobo...

Last edited by a moderator:
Just make sure to buy a SSD's with DRAM because "DRAM-less SSD" will have lower write speed.

So if you're going to write lots of data regularly then SSD's with DRAM is the way to go.

Back