Android Cheapest non-huge Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 phone?

Zenfone 10 is not even a compact phone. Asus just marketed in that way and all reviewers went along with it. Considering the only 2-year software support and no hardware support, it is pointless to purchase a Zenfone.

Samsung always devalues older phones to clear off stock because they cannot hold on to premium pricing for too long and still move units beyond the first few months.
cant say the same for s23 lineup

The point being that the base S23 is more "compact" than the Zenfone 10. Not sure how many more years I can hold on to my 12 mini but that is the size I would classify as compact.
I wouldn't say that, the width is 3mm lesser which matters a lot more than length. For example, 3mm higher than S23 is S23 Plus. It makes a huge difference to in hand feel.

Nice & 60k for 256GB variant - I will recommend this because of the lack of SD card slot.
Always better to purchase Samsung products from the Samsung corporate portal as most companies are onboarded on to that portal. S23 256 GB is for example 54k with the same HDFC offer.
I wouldn't say that, the width is 3mm lesser which matters a lot more than length. For example, 3mm higher than S23 is S23 Plus. It makes a huge difference to in hand feel.
I always hated phones with the taller aspect ratios (especially Sony) as it squished most content in portrait mode and caused more typos with the keyboard, so I would take a wider phone any day.

Last edited:
Always better to purchase Samsung products from the Samsung corporate portal as most companies are onboarded on to that portal
It's true that price is best on Samsung corporate store but their support is real pain.
It took me 20 days and several escalations to get my money refunded for a cancelled order. There are more horror stories of people getting damaged box or missing product and Samsung not helping even with unboxing video proof.
I suggest only buy from Samsung store when you're very sure that you won't be cancelling or returning the product.

Anyone know if S22+ also dropped in price in diwali sale? I'm looking to buy a s23+ this Diwali for my father since rumors are there that Samsung will launch s24 series with exynos.

Anyone know if S22+ also dropped in price in diwali sale? I'm looking to buy a s23+ this Diwali for my father since rumors are there that Samsung will launch s24 series with exynos.
It was 55k or so in late 2022, I think was 45k briefly late last year, but not much in stock, likely because of S23FE. S23 series will finally be an old flagship worth considering from Samsung after a long time IMO (reason - not an inefficient SoC).

I used to recommend OP 11R or NP2 to people last year near 40k.

It was 55k or so in late 2022, I think was 45k briefly late last year, but not much in stock, likely because of S23FE. S23 series will finally be an old flagship worth considering from Samsung after a long time IMO (reason - not an inefficient SoC).

I used to recommend OP 11R or NP2 to people last year near 40k.
yeah that's what I am counting on, s23 is too small for my father and ultra way too much for him. I was going to buy s24+ for him on Diwali sale if offers were as incredible as they were last year.

But with Samsung back with their exynos shenanigans, I'll get the s23+ instead, anything to get him off ****ing xiaomi.

For me NP2 was an overpriced piece of shit considering the camera perf, I really hope pei justifies the price this year because NP has one of the best stock android implementations these days

yeah that's what I am counting on, s23 is too small for my father and ultra way too much for him. I was going to buy s24+ for him on Diwali sale if offers were as incredible as they were last year.

But with Samsung back with their exynos shenanigans, I'll get the s23+ instead, anything to get him off ****ing xiaomi.

For me NP2 was an overpriced piece of shit considering the camera perf, I really hope pei justifies the price this year because NP has one of the best stock android implementations these days
Have a look at other 40k phones. My friend's OP 11R has rear main camera similar enough to my S20FE 5G, but bit sharper, selfie cam is superior & other rear cams are superior on my S20FE. I expect at best similar rear main cam performance from NP2 with better UI than Chinese phones. For me, an inefficient chip is a dealbreaker, but there are people buying S21FE or S23FE, heck even Oppo & Vivo phones which have a terrible value vs other BBK phones from OP, Realme or iQoo.

Have a look at other 40k phones. My friend's OP 11R has rear main camera similar enough to my S20FE 5G, but bit sharper, selfie cam is superior & other rear cams are superior on my S20FE. I expect at best similar rear main cam performance from NP2 with better UI than Chinese phones. For me, an inefficient chip is a dealbreaker, but there are people buying S21FE or S23FE, heck even Oppo & Vivo phones which have a terrible value vs other BBK phones from OP, Realme or iQoo.
yeah, I want to get a flagship grade camera for my father, he has a typical middle age usage on his phone so processor doesn't matter as much. I would have gotten a pixel for him but he doesn't really like stock android so Samsung it is.

check out NP2's reviews tho, the camera quality was particularly egregious for the price range pei was aiming at according to many of them

Back