Cheapest wireless router for 10Mbps connection,to connect 2 laptops,1 PS3,1 cell

I dont know much about this. varkey is the only guy who, afaik, knows all about this.

ok thanks a lot :)

You just need to call startup script while router is started and it will auto login , google it someone would have written the script for your ISP

Do you mean i will need to mod or tweak the router settings ? btw i failed to search for script on google :( can you help me ? i use HATHWAY INTERNET

Bought one two weeks back for 900 from lamington:yahoo:
Cheapest i think so

Where in Mumbai are u based??

I stay in MALAD WEST

varkey - can you help me regarding this topic

You would need to mention to varkey the IP address of the login page, and the source code of the same i think. though not sure.

---------- Post added at 11:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 PM ----------

Code Junction: Auto Hathway Authentication

Have a look, but its for windows, not for dd wrt. however, seems that the process is same for beam and hathway ( i mean login pages)

---------- Post added at 11:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 PM ----------

read this : DD-WRT Forum :: View topic - AutoLogin Script

You would need to mention to varkey the IP address of the login page, and the source code of the same i think. though not sure.

hmm, i am anyhow gonna purchase router after 1st week of june after exams so gathering all the information possible

Please tell me how to know the ip address of the page [ i forgot how to :ashamed: ] and also how to know the source code ?

Also what is an ASDL Modem + Router thing ?

All i got and use is a motorola cable modem which i got it from hathway which has a power cable + lan cable + a big fat black cable wire connected to it

Charun instead get this http://www.techenclave.com/sell-trade-products/wireless-g-n-routers-d-132179/ The buffalo router which i have mentioned. Since it would be better if you could test it ie DDWRT with scriptsbefore buying a ASUS RT N13

The ASUS for 1100 does not have dd wrt support, so dont bother.

Also tagging now is done with @ and not #
Charun
vivek.krishnan - thanks a lot but not inclined to buy a 2nd hand without warranty :(

Probably i should wait till exams :)

Also read the dd wrt thing from your link - still can you explain me about it in easy language so that i can understand it better

Also does the belkin basic router support dd wrt ? - Belkin Basic (N150) Router | Router | Flipkart.com

Or which one is best of these 3 ? - http://www.flipkart.com/routers/compare?ids=RTRD7ZXAVUYRU3TB,RTRDFFYG65VG5RWS,RTRD6352NMKRF7JB

Any other options ?

Also my max download speed is 30 kbps and when i use torrents i cannot surf :(

Will i be able to surf on mobile while torrents are on in pc ?

And without torrents i should get the same speed on mobile as on pc right ?

@Charun

Belkin does not have DD WRT support, mate :( Also, IMO the three that you mentioned would not be having it either.

I suggested you to get a 2nd hand router so that you could get it cheap @650, try out DD WRT and then see if the script for autologin works. Its surely better to do this rather than getting a 3K router and then finding out that the script does not work, etc.

Once the item works, just resell the router for the same price or 100 less to the other person who wants it :) Buy the ASUS RT N13. Then use the same script on it :)

I dunno about yours, but in my case, I keep the torrents on all the time. When I start to surf the net, usually the speed of the torrents reduces. So it should be the same for you.

---------- Post added at 08:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:47 AM ----------

As for DD WRT, its an kinda like a new OS for your router with more features than the original one that came with the router. DD WRT is much more powerful than the stock firmware that comes on your router. Also, installing DD WRT voids the warranty , so if there is an issue with the router then, you would need to reflash the stock firmware.

Last edited by a moderator:
@vivek.krishnan

Ok so DD WRT is like a custom firmware right ?

Also my budget is as low as possible and not 3k :)

So are there any routers which support dd wrt within 1300rs ?

Last edited by a moderator:
could you post the sellers shop name and address. i would like to buy one too.
Sorry for the late rep.
Couldn't locate the bill, but its in the lane beside Mccann Infosys(Main shop) on the right side.
I guess he's a tp-link dealer. That's why this cheap.

Back