Check if you have a Live Working Antivirus

The whole point of running this test is to find out if ur antivirus is constantly keeping an "active" log of whats happening in the system. Ofcourse there wont be any antivirus in this world which wont detect it. But the point here is when ur antivirus discovers it-

Best - Just when u try to save it. OR

Average - You saved it and when u tried to run it. OR

Poor - It only discovers when u scan it using the AV.

lol my avg allowed me to save it. when I scanned the file, it detected the virus but didn't even move it to virus vault .. useless faggot!

broar94 said:
^^ Excellent! how is the update process? is it free??? finally, how's the processor utilization? low?

Overall everything looks just too neat. The advanced settings are hidden and only an advance user can find it. :eek:hyeah: And i just discovered that its not actually using that less ram. Its like:

ekrn.exe = 28 MB

egui.exe = 6.5 MB

I dont really care for ram right now considering i have around 1.5 GB free ram. And CPU usage is very calm inspite of real time scanning.

It works VERY FAST, updating is fast and small, i scanned around 60 GB stuff and it was done in less than 7 minutes...

I liked it :hap2:

and NO, its a paid version :D

KAV stopped me from saving the file when I tried earlier. But now, I tried again, with 3ds max rendering, and desktop search index also running. I could save the file this time.

So much for "Dual Core - Do More" :mad:

Avast works perrrrrrrrrrect for me...trial version is for 30 days..fully functional and then onwards its free version..dont know what exactly the difference is...Avast works..

i havent used an antivirus for the last 4 years :ashamed:

except for 4 months when i was in mysore ( that was cos the folks insisted :p)

cricfan said:
Avast works perrrrrrrrrrect for me...trial version is for 30 days..fully functional and then onwards its free version..dont know what exactly the difference is...Avast works..

Avast! Home edition is free for personal use. Upon installation, it runs without license key for 60 days. Anytime you can convert into licensed version by just using registration form. Registration of avast! 4 Home Edition - free antivirus for home non-commercial use
Free license key will be emailed to you.

Avast! Home (free) did not allow to save and had to remove. Alarmed instantly...I'm impressed with its performance as a free one.

I'll post the response of NOD32 in a day or two. :)

OK, NOD32 turned out to be one step forward, it simply moved the file to quarantine immediately and then informed me that the file has been moved. it also gave details. :)

I always preferred NOD32 and it proved my trust.

^^ until people realized they were crappy. I know numerous instances where norton system files themselves were detected as virus by norton.

And i'm switching over to Avast or NOD32 after reading this thread :)

Back