Check if you have a Live Working Antivirus

I am not sure how this test helps...

here is a question...

if nod32 or any other AV detected it even when you tired to save it, this means it is constantly logging every activity on the machine

now even though this may sound good, does it not mean that your AV software is constantly hogging system resources?

If say a AVG or x/y/z detects it on a manual scan, or when trying to open it, does it not mean that not only is AVG detecting it as a virus, and is doing it without hogging your system bandwidth at all times?

After all even if a virus did get saved on my system, what harm would it do till it actually executes itself?

that aside, how good or bad a AV is would depend on the frequency of updates and the breadth of its virus definition....

I am not sure how this test helps...

here is a question...
if nod32 or any other AV detected it even when you tired to save it, this means it is constantly logging every activity on the machine

now even though this may sound good, does it not mean that your AV software is constantly hogging system resources?

If say a AVG or x/y/z detects it on a manual scan, or when trying to open it, does it not mean that not only is AVG detecting it as a virus, and is doing it without hogging your system bandwidth at all times?

After all even if a virus did get saved on my system, what harm would it do till it actually executes itself?

that aside, how good or bad a AV is would depend on the frequency of updates and the breadth of its virus definition....

good point..mate..
avg uses much less system resources...

greenhorn said:
i havent used an antivirus for the last 4 years :ashamed:
except for 4 months when i was in mysore ( that was cos the folks insisted :p)

^^^ well.. that reminds me of the aids awareness campaign, in a naughty way :eek:hyeah: :eek:hyeah: , if you know what I mean......

Back