ClassicNet BroadBand - 5MBPS Unlimited Connection

@OP

Anyways is this a promote thread ? MTNL is far better and stable when compared to cable internet who have massive downtime.

@dinjo

What am i promoting? Did i tell you to buy any connection from ClassicNet, did i offer you some deal or something??

Yes buddy MTNL is better than cable internet just like Apple is better than other phone (Not an apple fanatic, but just trying to prove a point)

But when your cable internet provider who ever it is, have a dedicated Fiber optic line & can offer you upto 100mbps connection (demo account for 3 days) is worth noticing / trying out.

If you check my signature i have MTNL connection & if you read my previous post you'll also find that i used to have MTNL 2MBPS Connection, for 3 months i was paying 4500 to mtnl + 4800 to Classicnet just to test their accounts & stability on when i was sure i switched to Classicnet completely & downgraded my MTNL plan to 1MBPS Unlimited as a backup Connection.

Also if you didn't read I have Personal Fiber Optic Connection so for me MTNL pretty much sucks, because in my area an MTNL complaint takes 5 days to be address to, where as if ClassicNet is down for even 5 mins I can call them up and get it fix right away

Did you read my post where i wished i had FiveNet's 10MBPS plan, OR when i said i was waiting for Hayai Broadband to be launched, would i even say that if i was here promoting ClassicNet?

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

rite said:
It is a 2 Mbps plus plan as name but 4 Mbps speed and it costs Rs.3499 + taxes. I dunno about Mumbai.

But you can get MTNL 3g unlimited for 750 per month with 2-3 mbps speed.
Do you have that plan? as far as i know mtnl made a mistake there, they won't name a plan 2MBPS & give you 4MBPS, as soon as they realize that what would you do? + there is nothing offered for Mumbai users, there aren't such plans.

Yes I also had a Reliance Netconnect that offered upto 3.1 mbps, but i never actually got more than 1.5mbps.

Even so if you are in Delhi & you are talking about MTNL 3g Unlimited plans has 100GB cap, so its pretty useless as well.

Sub <<< read the second last line

aasimenator said:
@ Ethan_Hunt: Benefits are almost 0 loss in data packets, lower pings time, Best for VOIP, upto 100MBPS Connection Support.
I hope you do realize that the advantages you stated are dependent on the service itself and not just the media. Just because some ISP is using Fibre Optic cable does not mean they would have better connection quality and ping rates than say an ISP that uses ADSL. To put things in perspective, in the past, I have had connections that relied on Fibre Optic even for the last mile, but they all paled in comparison to Airtel's ADSL connection. Fibre optic does have its advantages, but there is no guarantee that they are leveraged properly by the ISP and you would get the benefits in return. In many cases, ISP's use it just for bragging rights.

Lord Nemesis said:
I hope you do realize that the advantages you stated are dependent on the service itself and not just the media. Just because some ISP is using Fibre Optic cable does not mean they would have better connection quality and ping rates than say an ISP that uses ADSL. To put things in perspective, in the past, I have had connections that relied on Fibre Optic even for the last mile, but they all paled in comparison to Airtel's ADSL connection. Fibre optic does have its advantages, but there is no guarantee that they are leveraged properly by the ISP and you would get the benefits in return. In many cases, ISP's use it just for bragging rights.

True! That the actual difference lies in ISP's services, Be it whatever adsl or fiber optic. But I don't think adsl supports 100 Mbps connections. Plus mine is not actually only last mine option. The fiber optic cable is directly connected to their server in Mumbai which is directly connected via Fiber optic to their server in Delhi.

When I was on their wireless connection and I ping to their server in Delhi response time was 11ms after switching to fiber optic response time was 3ms
Similarly when I ping to my server in Canada response time reduced from 340ms to 210ms...

wowowowh.. 5mbps unlimited for 5k? shit? Fivenet offers up to 10mbps Speeds @ Rs 6k Per annum + Taxes + Operator charges = 9k per annum .. cool deal aint it?

vikkymath said:
wowowowh.. 5mbps unlimited for 5k? shit? Fivenet offers up to 10mbps Speeds @ Rs 6k Per annum + Taxes + Operator charges = 9k per annum .. cool deal aint it?
Yup pretty cool deal, If i have fiveNet in my area i would definitely have tried them out. 9k per year for 10mpbs is damn good deal.. I don't think there are any similar plans right now.

vikkymath said:
5,000 per month for a 5mbps connection :tongue:
best way to waste your money :ashamed:
If you have better options, do take it I don't so for me 5k for 5mbps is not a waste of money so back at you,:tongue: :bleh:

ggt said:
^^I get upto 3mbps minimum 1mbps speed with fraction of the cost so i agree with you :D
I too have minimum 1mbps plan @ 999 that doesn't change the fact that i require more than what your are getting i.e. 3mbps

I am not judging you, i am nobody to judge you.

when i say 5MBPS Unlimited i get 5MBps plus only, never less than that, but when you say upto 3mbps, then it depends on your location, number of people that have that connection in your area, so your upto 3mpbs will be may sometimes be 2.5mbps or even lower & when it actually does go low you cant do sh*t about it because you are still getting your minimum guaranteed speed of 1MBPS.

NO matter how much or less you pay for this plan, even if you pay just 500 bucks for it, its still not good enough for me, as i am not a home user like you, i run my business for this internet connection hence all the Fiber Optics & what not is to make sure i get the best experience of using this connection.

I am paying peanuts for it. :bleh: not even 500 bucks. But it serves my purpose so not complaining.
Having said that if i get an isp similar to 5net i will get that.

^ Good for you. It wont serve mine. I would too switch to Hayai when it launches & even if it is available in my area. Right now FiveNet is out of my reach.

Latest Speed test result

1285177484.png

1286567401.png

Back