Cockroaches

If you really want to get rid of cockroac than CLEAN your house or place the moment you finished cooking &/OR eating. It really need HIGH LEVEL of cleanliness to keep cockroach out. No need of pesticide (use it once a month or repeat after 2-3 months). Keep habit to clean dustbin, washroom broom, brush and every corner of wash room (wash it) every day.

It didn't mean I blame you for not keeping your house clean:p

Guys i need help in finding some kind of Herbal or something compound to deal with cockroach infestation.
I know-Quick solution will be cockroach spray like HIT-but am shit scared of the long term effects of these sprays especially around the kitchen ( and that is where these devils roam !), and am allergic to these.
Even some kinda electronic gadget to act as repellent -which would make them go away- will be welcome!
H E L P !

Also another insect is Bed Bug, we used to put pesticides at the corners of Bed, but they come again every next month, even i can see their very small transparent children roaming on walls, book shelfs & even on my PC table.

Keep the articles in sunlight for a day. That should do the trick.

Another option is Kerosene.

Do you think that the bed bug problem occurred recently ?

I hate cockroaches. I tried lots of stuff on them then my grandmother suggest me to do apply method at least twice a week. Create your own trap by applying petroleum jelly on the inner walls of a container with steep sides.make a paper ramp that leads into the container so the cockroach can climb into it. Place a bait inside the container, preferably something that has a strong sweet odor like sugar or apple cider. When the roach smells the sweet odor, it will quickly climb up the ramp and fall into the container. Since the petroleum jelly is sticky, the roach will get trapped. Finally, take the container and flush the roach down the toilet... hope it will work for you... :yahoo: :yahoo:

Mix equal quantity of boric acid powder, wheat flour, sugar with little cooking oil and probably some water. Make small balls place it in nook and corner at your place.
This trick worked for me very well.

My mom also used to do something similar to this. But she don't use sugar and cooking oil. She used to mix boric acid with wheat flour and then make a dough and place its small balls around the corners. Ans it really works.

My mom also used to do something similar to this. But she don't use sugar and cooking oil. She used to mix boric acid with wheat flour and then make a dough and place its small balls around the corners. Ans it really works.

If this will not work then use black hit..it is a kind of acid which work really well. it cost is around 150 rs. This is the last option which i can suggest you... :cool:

Sometimes keeping our own homes clean wouldn’t help. It depends on the surroundings as well. I recall, our previous residence although well-kept and maintained by the two of us, it was located amidst a really bad neighbourhood with lot of garbage thrown around in the corner from the nearby residences and a hotel, which made it a perfect breeding ground for mosquitos, rats and cockroaches. Besides, there were a few manholes for the underground drain and cockroaches would nicely play hide-n-seek during the night. At times, when I used to play or watch something staring at the TV during the night keeping our balcony doors open, rats would quickly run from the back of my recliner and I would barely notice them running away! We used to spray some locally available insecticides like Hit and Mortein and even kept rat baits (in several forms!) but that wouldn’t help either. I suppose rats have evolved over time.

However our present residence is very neat and tidy and there is not a single creature inside other than the two of us and maybe the occasional mosquito or the house-fly that would sneak in. But fact remains that basic cleanliness of the people and the surroundings would go a long way in preventing diseases and the carriers that cause them.

There are a few lizards in my home who do a good job of keeping these pests away from years. No need of any bagon spray (yuk). The only thing that works well is ^ the method mentioned above of making flour balls with boric powder and that chalk - laxman rekha. it has some zinc or some chemical in it that kills these pests very fast. cleanup is a problem with cockroaches lying all around in nooks and corners.

I freaking hate those

- - - Updated - - -

If this will not work then use black hit..it is a kind of acid which work really well. it cost is around 150 rs. This is the last option which i can suggest you... :cool:

Go ahead, spray it and screw yourself!

+1 for the pet lizards :p

On a serious note since we changed our windows to the sliding ones roaches and lizards have become very very less..

where can we buy boric acid powders ? hardware stores ? or medicine store ? :noob:

You may be able to recall that white powdery substance sprinkled on the wound after it is washed - that is boric acid. :p

Should be available with chemists and medical stores.

@theoracle thanks mate :)
@Gannu hehe, we used to call that antibiotic / antibacterial powder :p Going back to Home for 3 weeks, so better protect the house from insects :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back