Common Scams happpening in India, list the ones you may know

Some girl just called me on behalf of some cancer India foundation and wanted me to give any amount of money for some child who had no money to get operated upon. I felt like puking. These people have no shame or ethics.
Hope there is some real life Leverage team somewhere. Scamsters like these should be taught a lesson. Someone should hack into their company account and run off with all their scam money. ;)

Even I received a call from those stupids calling from Relief India.
I know they are running a scam.
I talked to her as if I am a doctor, the caller disconnected the call midway.

I know about the bosses of Relief India. They are two partners.
Live in a posh colony in Delhi, own many luxury cars and often party in night clubs.
They hardly ever help any needy child, shameless people.

No idea whether scam or not. But last month 2 college going guys came to my home here and they seemed to have proper CRY Id cards and they asked for help for child relief and such, I shooed them away.

That reminds me of a college guy who came to my home. He wanted me to pay him 10 or 20 rupees to help him pay college fees. He said he was from poor family and really looked poor. I said sorry and closed the door.
Can't make out whom to believe in this world when everyone's trying to scam you. :(

Because of these scammers, we even doubt genuine people. I am not even sure that say today I want to help someone in need whom should I approach.

A friend of mine who is well the lawyer of a very lets say big ;) movie family. According to him, the share market is the biggest scam in India. Almost everything is rigged. A normal trader won't make much liek the others who almost always have insider information.

A friend of mine who is well the lawyer of a very lets say big ;) movie family. According to him, the share market is the biggest scam in India. Almost everything is rigged. A normal trader won't make much liek the others who almost always have insider information.

I personally am not interested in share market but I do have invested some amount there. But that was with the guidance of my dad. He has invested more than me though. But I do not invest anymore. I know it is a gamble and gains may be high if you are lucky and know how to play the market but losses can also be pretty bad. I have shares which was bought for more than 100 Rs and now is less than 50 paise but have others which have earned me money.
Since my dad is retired he does some share market activity more now and buys and sells frequently (not the buy and forget type).

Was it vijay ;) ? Man I always wondered how his shares (in that all 8 phone numbers co) got so much profit.

Not true. I know people who have made good amount of money in both short and long term. But to do that, you always have to be on your toes, have latest news and confidence along with tendency to not panic if things start going pear-shaped.

Edit: I'm talking about people who had no inside information and still made profit.

Recently i scammed a RM of HDFC bank :D :D

Seeing my bank balance, he always use to call me and schedule a meet in order to give tip on finance , and what i always invite him to my nearest mall or CCD, till now got 2 free pizza's, chicken tikka sandwich and a coffee for free, anxiously waiting for his next call :p

Last edited:
Not true. I know people who have made good amount of money in both short and long term. But to do that, you always have to be on your toes, have latest news and confidence along with tendency to not panic if things start going pear-shaped.

Edit: I'm talking about people who had no inside information and still made profit.
I fall in that category. The people my friend was referring to make well ...crores in a shot while we take baby steps and make somewhat good profits.[DOUBLEPOST=1403943916][/DOUBLEPOST]

Seeing my bank balance, he always use to call me and schedule a meet in order to give tip on fiance , and what i always invite him to my nearest mall or CCD, till now got 2 free pizza's, chicken tikka sandwich and a coffee for free, anxiously waiting for his next call :p

Haha, you sir are worth you profile name :D

Seeing my bank balance, he always use to call me and schedule a meet in order to give tip on finance , and what i always invite him to my nearest mall or CCD, till now got 2 free pizza's, chicken tikka sandwich and a coffee for free, anxiously waiting for his next call :p

Maybe the relationship he wants to pursue is not just about the money.

Back