Budget 31-40k Complete mild gaming rig for my 6yr old kid

But A10-6800 will be future proof
Future proof in what way? If its slower than a competing solution now, its not going to get any faster in future.
If you're thinking in terms of cores, the '4 core' AMD procs are actually 2 module processors which is why they end up practically performing fairly close to Intel's dual core procs and a bit faster in heavily multi-threaded apps.
If you're thinking in terms of age - the 5800K was released last October, and is already "outdated". How long will the 6800K last considering its just a higher clocked 5800K relying on 2133MHz mem support for its performance boost?
p6eO0oc.jpg

Even if we compare GT 640 (on a G2010) vs Radeon HD 8670 (A10-6800) - price-performance gains (if any) are all offsetted by compromising on older technology [DDR3 vs DDR5], lower memory clock speed, need for a 500/520W PSU.....
http://gpuboss.com/gpus/Radeon-HD-8670-vs-GeForce-GT-640
BTW the 8670D IGP is not the same as a HD 8670 discrete GPU. I guess thats where the DDR3 vs DDR5 confusion came up. Only the discrete GPU has its own dedicated mem bus with GDDR5. The A10 IGP does not have its own memory buffer, but shares the system's DDR3 bus.

Something Off-topic.
When we were kids and when there were no PCs, the bestest thing that we liked to do was go out and play.
We would do anything to get a ride on the bicycle. It was so adventurous.
Chuppa-Chuppi, Chor-Police, Lagori used to be on the top of the list.
Nowadays I see kids glued to mobiles and PS3s and PCs.

Time has changed Pradeep!! I too played all those kid games you mentioned but now I do not see any kid play these games. I did not want him desktop at such age but his mother promised him one on his birthday. But anyway we will try our best to have some control how much time he spends with his desktop.

BTW I'm even more confused than before.Plz help

Something Off-topic.
When we were kids and when there were no PCs, the bestest thing that we liked to do was go out and play.
We would do anything to get a ride on the bicycle. It was so adventurous.
Chuppa-Chuppi, Chor-Police, Lagori used to be on the top of the list.
Nowadays I see kids glued to mobiles and PS3s and PCs.

OFF-TOPIC:
Did you guys ever play marbles (goti) and koiba; tops (bhavra); shith-rupi (shoving a 10"-12" inch rod into the ground during the rains....till it plonked kaput); then rolling a hard-cycle tyre with a stick.... [I have sadly forgotten most of the local names for these games]. There were games for each season and we played it with all the gusto and energy that we had......... WOW. Just gimme those days back again.

CHILDHOOD IS
D-E-A-D
TODAY.

It's a freakin freakish gizmo world that we are now living in..... that is also driving us MAD..........

Time has changed Predeep!! I too played all those kid games you mentioned but now I do not see any kid play these games.
TRUE

I did not want him desktop at such age but his mother promised him one on his birthday.
MOST MOTHERS ALWAYS DO THAT:mad:

But anyway we will try our best to have some control how much time he spends with his desktop.
YOU ARE GONNA FIGHT A LOSING & HOPELESS BATTLE (my daughter is 12 & I am still struggling & hoping for the best)

BTW I'm even more confused than before.Plz help

We ALL are ..... KONFUSED

........BACK TO TOPIC

But chill..... there are solutions.

btw ... just heard from Edward Snowden (thanks for PRISM!) & wikileaks that @Crazy_Eddy is holding HUGE stakes with Intel....blah, BLAH & just as Obama says PRISM helped solve many 'potential terror strikes' the unending debate will carry on AMD vs Intel

(in silent & bated breadth.... dunno how long TE & it's MODS will tolerate the likes of me b4 I am Banned.... will have to think of Equador for Asylum or Timbuktu:wacky:]...NO Wait the basement at crazy_eddy's place is the best [aka Osama hiding under Paki-ISI noses]

Last edited by a moderator:
The answer is crystal clear. People are looking at brand wars instead of facts, despite me recommending an Intel CPU + AMD GPU :wacky:

For gaming, your GPU is key. You can throw whatever CPU you want at it, spin the AMD APU however way you want it, but a 7750 >> 8670D.

The two setups even cost the same. And once your 7750 is dated, you can always sell it and offset the cost of a new GPU. I'm still waiting for someone to point out a practical benefit the AMD APU has that would benefit the OP's gaming requirement.

P.s.: Did I mention the 7750 is significantly faster than the 8670D ?

For gaming, your GPU is key. You can throw whatever CPU you want at it, spin the AMD APU however way you want it, but a 7750 >> 8670D.

The two setups even cost the same. And once your 7750 is dated, you can always sell it and offset the cost of a new GPU. I'm still waiting for someone to point out a practical benefit the AMD APU has that would benefit the OP's gaming requirement.

P.s.: Did I mention the 7750 is significantly faster than the 8670D ?

Coz desktop will mainly be used by kid for gaming (I have about ~100 titles released between before 2007 and I used to play till about 2am sometime) and not by me (I have laptop BB Playbook for surfing ) I guess your suggestion makes more sense and if there is need for more powerful GPU this can be used for HTPC purposes later with Blueray drive.
Then I guess 4gb DDRAM will be enough for this set up.
Anything about cabinet,HDD,PSU etc?

Offtopic- Marbles was my favorite game and I used to be quite good with marbles.Then I would sell 100 used marbles for one rupee and buy my favorite loosely available orange candies. Rolling tyres and Indo-Pak fight ,Kabbadi, Football and of course Cricket were other games I used to play. oh please don't remind me those days.

Good choice :)
Yeah 4GB should be enough. Since the G2010 mem controller tops out at 1333MHz, you don't need anything expensive.
Cabinet - check this thread for inputs. PSU - Seasonic S12II 430. HDD - Seagate or WD Blue, toss a coin. What the others have recommended for the rest should be fine.

Go for 8GB RAM [with 4GB Win 7 will be stressed] - the additional 4GB costs peanuts but will give your system plenty of 'room to breath & perform' satisfactorily.

Cabinet - Go for the Antec One S3 [this has far better options for future expandibility - add more fans; accomodate full ATX boards; 10 drive bays; max size GPU cards]. You will need to add 2 more 120mm fans for better cooling.[DOUBLEPOST=1372343599][/DOUBLEPOST]If you have finalised about Antec One S3 - then this is the place where it is readily available ~ 3350

The place where you listed it (theitdepot) it is not readily available -
DespatchAgainst Order : Product listed but dispatch depending on Availability
.... and this means you would have to wait really long (2-4 weeks) or more

Everything else has been made available by Amritsar dealer except Seasonic 530 PSU and cabinet. The PSU will be available on Monday but they are finding it difficult to get Antec One S3. Which one is the best alternative keeping in mind I would prefer mid or mini tower coz I wont be installing 3-4 HDD,just one HDD one DVD drive and one BD after 3-4 months will be sufficient for our needs.
I like CM N200-KKN1 and and NZXT Beta Evo,any other good cabinet?

Best is to check what your Amritsar Dealer has in stock. Chose only from the following brands - CM; Corsair; NZXT; Bitfenix or Antec. Do not go for any other local brands.

All cabinets in sub 4k price range will come with ONLY 1/2 fans, so make sure you also get at least 2 more 120mm fans of a reputed make [as listed above].

Else .... order the cabby of your choice 'online' from Flipkart; primeabgb [mumbai]; theitdepot [chennai] or smcinternational [ new delhi]. You would receive it by Fri/Sat.

Everything was ordered from a store at Nehru market Amritsar last week but could get the stuff yesterday only except Seasonic S12II520 PSU which was delayed by courier guys. Cabinet was ordered from smc i'nal fpr 3300+200Rs , it is quite good looking transparent side panel one which will please kiddo with two LED fans for 748Rs..
1.Intel G2010.......................3500
2.GB GA-B75M-D3H..........4300
3.WD Blue 1TB HDD...........4000
4.Dell 2240L Monitor..........9400
5.APC 600VA UPS...............2200
6.Seasonic S12II 520W.......4300
7.Corsair CMV1600 4GB....2200
8.Asus AMD ATI7750.........7500
Total=37400
9.LED fans...............................748
10.CM N300 cabinet............3700

Once I get the PSU and cabinet I will assemble the stuff myself and would post the results.
Thanks everyone for your invaluable support.

Computer assembled but MB has one connector for case fans but I would like to add few more which I mentioned above. How do I connect these extra fans to case and should I use PSU or MB connector?
Also what should I do with so many extra connectors left on PSU?

Connect the extra fans to the PSU. If they're high performance fans with a high current rating its usually preferable to keep it off the MB. The MB manual should mention the current limit for the fan headers on the MB.

You can tuck away the extra connectors somewhere. I usually have space above the optical drive. Keep the wires loose, don't fold it up too tight.

Another off topic:
I suggest OP to enlist your son to multiple sports (Lawn Tennis, TT, Swimming, Football, Cricket etc). I'm sure he'd love at least one of those. Outdoor sports would keep him healthy and active and free from many diseases. I agree that its hard to not to give him the gadgets as his friends will have them and he might feel very bad. But please monitor his time in front of TV/computer strictly as he's still very very young. I'm not a doctor, but rule of thumb is your kid should spend enough time in outdoor activities so that he feels sleepy by 10pm, at least until he is a teenager.

But I guess I need some sort of adapter to connect these fans to PSU as I cant see counterpart connectors on PSU which can connect with fan's connectors. And I cant see any one selling online except expensive ebay global.

I guess this one should be good then.

@sabby:- You raised good points. One doesn't need to be a doctor to understand these things. My wife and myself do monitor these activities and as I'm typing he is playing with his friend of similar age. Infact 2 yr ago I hired a music teacher so that he can learn music and spend some of his daily time practicing music but he started showing his disinterest after about 4-5 months. I might try again in few months though.Right now he is just over six and we have told his teacher that he should participate in most of cultural and sports events. Its difficult times for parents as kids would like to spend most of the time in front of screens in the forms of TV, laptops,Iphones, Ipods, mobile phones etc. Having just one or two kids and not staying with your parents and brothers only make the matter worse. Kids like to play and if they don't have any sibling, friend or even grandparents they are going to pick any gadget (which we have in plenty in our homes now ) and start playing with these new age toys.
BTW old people have lot of patience and of course time to listen and play with kids, thats they make great friends.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back