PC Peripherals Config for Mid-Range Gaming PC

780G+ 3450 in Hybrid CF still wont be as good as a good mid range GPU. just said suggested it because the 780G onboard will let you have a lot more fun than any intel onboard ( including the Nv 7050).
Yes, the proccy wont have much OC headroom, but they dont run significantly hotter than the intels. but it being cheaper can free up some cash for your GPU purchase - and there should be where your money should be :eek:hyeah: , and the AM2+ socket means that you can slap on a budget quad/tri core phenom (I wouldnt recommend any of the current batch of phenoms though,waiting for AMD to iron out the bugs, but the tri's seem be getting some good reviews) sometime later if you feel the need to upgrade :).

Ajayarun said:
why not get tripe core pheom 8750 for 6k it beat e8400 ;)

u can get pehom tripe core 8750 with amd 780 g mo is better

Utter nonsense; I know u're judging that by a recent thread which showed the difference; :|

Those were biased since I could not see anywhere which showed that the X3 was better than E8400;

I'd rather say get a dual core now and switch to a tri or a quad later when prices fall;

greenhorn said:
780G+ 3450 in Hybrid CF still wont be as good as a good mid range GPU. just said suggested it because the 780G onboard will let you have a lot more fun than any intel onboard ( including the Nv 7050).
Yes, the proccy wont have much OC headroom, but they dont run significantly hotter than the intels. but it being cheaper can free up some cash for your GPU purchase - and there should be where your money should be :eek:hyeah: , and the AM2+ socket means that you can slap on a budget quad/tri core phenom (I wouldnt recommend any of the current batch of phenoms though,waiting for AMD to iron out the bugs, but the tri's seem be getting some good reviews) sometime later if you feel the need to upgrade :).

For some time I believed that it will be able to use Hybrid Graphics with ATI 4850, which I'm planning to buy now. :(

Staying on 4850s, how does the new X2 4850e compare to X2 4800+, i know its energy efficient and all but is it actually slower than the other one or their performance level is same? Any idea on how its priced compared to 4800+ or 5000+ ?

hmm...so 4850e isn't available in India yet. :| Btw, according to some reviews, Abit IP-35E has some kind of double boot issue (not sure if its fixed yet) and Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H turned out very poor results in some games when coupled with 8800GT. Is it because that board fancies Radeon cards only? We have a few problematic boards here. :p

Any other options?

zotac geforce 8200?

decent company, though not soo popular... me might get this board for a pals system this weekend. geforce 8200 is just a lil behind the 780g.. and it costs just 3.5k

I'm also worried about their service. I think both Abit and Biostar are based in Taiwan. Do they have their service centers in India? What about Zotac and Gigabyte? How long it usually takes to get a product repaired or replaced? I had a few problems with my Intel board and on both occasions, the board was replaced within 14 days.

abit and zotac are through tirupati here in india. the service seems to be decent enough. wait for others to post regarding that. biostar nd gigabyte i dunno..

I'm waiting...:bounce:

Seems Gigabyte have a good distributor network in India. I'm hoping they'll have good customer support as well. :lol:

BTW, any motherboards from MSI? for Intel P35, G33 and AMD 780G?

^^lol nice smiley
i havent had any problems with my motherboards yet.... i read in some other thread that gigabyte warranty is a pain.... and my compu shop dude said that biostar is a pain :D

if you are buying locally, you can always find a shop where they will take back the stuff if it gets spoilt....thats what i do
i return the stuff to the shop itself and take a new piece

EDIT:: how about updating the first post with components that u r considering, it makes it easier to keep track
like i dont know whether you have decided on a amd or intel system :)

the abit ip-35e dual boot issue is like it takes 2 seconds xtra to boot.... nothing to be worried about(u dont even need to hit a key...its just like taking a tinny bit longer to start)
my biostar p35 on the other hand boots to default settings sometimes with the overclocked config... and i have to enter the bios and set it back to the OCed settings

Well...I haven't yet decided on AMD or Intel. As you know, I wanted to go for Intel but you guys have made me think otherwise. Also, the problem is that I don't wanna lose out on a good GFX card deal by getting it a month earlier and that's why I'll need a solution with integrated graphics.

Any idea on how long it will take before GFX card prices come down? If its within a month, then its okay else I don't think the wait will be worth it. :p

Go for an

AMD X2 5400

780G

4GB RAM.

And later get the HD 4850 when its price settles. The 5400 drives DDRII 800 ram at 800mhz and not any less. Also 780G is a good platform.

H2O said:
Go for an

AMD X2 5400

780G

4GB RAM.

And later get the HD 4850 when its price settles. The 5400 drives DDRII 800 ram at 800mhz and not any less. Also 780G is a good platform.

Hmm...k but I don't think I'll require 4GB of RAM as yet. 2GB should be enough. ;) Btw, that's an interesting observation about 5400+. Do you mean to say that lower clocked CPUs drives them at less than 800MHz?? How is it priced? the 5400+ I mean. Which 780G board do you recommend?

Also, I want to get (almost) all of them locally and I'm not sure if G.Skill is officially available in India. Any idea? Are Transcend RAMs comparable to G.Skill in performance?

^^thats a good idea but dont get 4gb ram, settle for 2 gb as you are stretched on money

to run at stock, any motherboard will do as they will all be rock stable

EDIT: ouch posted together :)
get transcend...its ok for stock performance since you mostly wont overclock
the budget ones will perform the same i guess

Apex said:
Hmm...k but I don't think I'll require 4GB of RAM as yet. 2GB should be enough. ;) Btw, that's an interesting fact about 5400+. Do you mean to say that lower clocked CPUs drives them at less than 800MHz?? How is it priced? the 5400+ I mean. Which 780G board do you recommend?

Also, I want to get (almost) all of them locally and I'm not sure if G.Skill is officially available in India. Any idea? Are Transcend RAMs comparable to G.Skill in performance?

PM me if u want a month old EVGA 8800GT for 8k :p

^^lola
get a 4850 :)
it will be like 10k
a new 8800gt will drop to 8k in a month coz the 9800gtx is down to 200dollas and below that there will be both the 8800gts and the 8800gt

wow a mod trying to fool an admin... battles going on :D

i saw the first post, if you want to OC, then go for the intel system...if not then amd looks better and it also helps you with the integrated graphics

dammit tough choice :p

Back