PC Peripherals Config for Mid-Range Gaming PC

H@cKer said:
I brought vx450 for 3.6k:mad: a week ago from prime abgb.

Not sure...its 3.2k according to gannu :p

LOL...Everyone seems to like abit IP35-E despite its problems. Nothing from ASUS or MSI for that price? What about MSI P35 Neo2-FR or ASUS P5K?

Apex said:

LOL...Everyone seems to like abit IP35-E despite its problems. Nothing from ASUS or MSI for that price? What about MSI P35 Neo2-FR or ASUS P5K?

it doesnt have any real problems...it only takes 3 seconds extra to boot :D

Here is one config :p

E7200---- 5.8k

Abit IP35-E/Biostar TP45HP ---- 5.4k/ 130$ in US....so arnd 7k or so via KMD (very capable board with P45 chipset +ICH10R, so more SATA ports, better ocability, plus X8+ X8 CF as well)

VX 450 ---- 3.4k( nowhere it is 3.2k all incl :p)

HD 4850 --- 12k

Transcend 2 X 1GB --- 1.8k

Zebronics Bijli --- 1k

Total --- 29400/-

An E7200 should do arnd 3.2GHz( 1.15~1.2Vcore) or so easily with the stock cooler maintaining good temps of below 60 at load :)...or if you have a bit space spend arnd 1.5~2k on Ultima 90 etc to get it to above 3.6Ghz...but if u ask me above 3.2~3.3Ghz its just more of bragging :p

Just an update; I've decided on the following -

Intel C2D E7200 CPU - 5.5K

MSI P45 Neo - 6.5K

Palit/Gecube HD4850 - 11.5K

Corsair VX450 - 3.5K

Transcend 800 2x1GB - 2K

Most probably, I'll get them tomorrow. I've a confusion though - since the price of E7200 is dropped by 15%, it should translate into a discount of Rs. 800 or so...will it be wise to wait for a few more days? How long does it usually take for the price cuts to reflect here in India? If its going to take a month or so, I don't want to wait.

Apex said:

Yupp, should be even less than 3.2k now; :p

Lol, 3.6k was when it was probably launched; :p

Here:
http://www.primeabgb.com/index.php?...facturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=28

TheITWares - Cabinets & Smps

Supra said:
VX 450 ---- 3.4k( nowhere it is 3.2k all incl :p)

Yeah, perhaps not in Bangy though; :bleh:

I've a confusion though - since the price of E7200 is dropped by 15%, it should translate into a discount of Rs. 800 or so...will it be wise to wait for a few more days? How long does it usually take for the price cuts to reflect here in India? If its going to take a month or so, I don't want to wait.

Have the price drops and the launch of E8600 announced???
I'm out of synch thanx to the work which commenced last week; :mad:

The price drop in India should reflect in 10 days or a fortnight max; :)

In fact pricing of processors in India is as competitive as it is in the US, HK, Tw etc; :D

And Apex Sir, another suggestion; get a G.Skill GBPQ series 1GB pair of sticks instead of those Transcend ones; :)
Its just 250 bucks more; comes with powerchips onboard; excellent OC'ers; :D

gannu said:
And Apex Sir, another suggestion; get a G.Skill GBPQ series 1GB pair of sticks instead of those Transcend ones; :)

Well okay, as long I find them locally. Who are the distributors for G.Skill in India? And what about the ones from Kingston or Corsair?

Apex said:
Well okay, as long I find them locally. Who are the distributors for G.Skill in India? And what about the ones from Kingston or Corsair?

I think Prime are the official dealers of G Skill.

gannu said:

It was launched at ~ 4.5k+ :p

Even a few months back when TE dealers had it for 3.7k shipped, the Tirupati distri in Chennai (which had newly set up) still gave quotes of 4k + taxes. Haven't checked recent prices out here though.

No, it aint that cheap even now gannu.

gannu said:

Here:

http://www.primeabgb.com/index.php?...facturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=28

TheITWares - Cabinets & Smps

Yeah, perhaps not in Bangy though; :bleh:

Have the price drops and the launch of E8600 announced???

I'm out of synch thanx to the work which commenced last week; :mad:

The price drop in India should reflect in 10 days or a fortnight max; :)

In fact pricing of processors in India is as competitive as it is in the US, HK, Tw etc; :D

you can G.SKILL from primeabgb .

i have orderd G.SKILL 2GB KIT from theitwares.com for 2400bucks+shipping

CORSAIR XMS2 RAM costs 3.15K .
so CORSAIR RAM will add 1.3K to ur budget.

so it will be better to get G.SKILL ........addition of 0.7K for ur budget .
------------------------------------------------------------------------

following post is orignally posted by Crazy_Eddy sir in another forum :-

Crazy_Eddy said:
Value RAM sticks from any brand - be it Corsair, Transcend, Kingston, etc - will use the cheapest ICs they can source. As such the ICs being used vary quite often, and their corresponding overclocking capabilities as well.
Someone may get 'X' ICs on his Transcend RAM sticks and hit 1GHz, but there is no guarantee you may get the same 'X' ICs and hit the same overclock.

Premium RAM sticks have a higher probability of using the same IC over much of its lifetime or atleast something similar, which could give a more guaranteed range of overclocks for different batches.
However, I have noticed some of the entry level Corsair XMS2 'Premium' modules usually come with ICs that are not too good for overclocking either. I'm guessing the ones you have mentioned fall under the same category.. if you could get a revision number of these XMS2 sticks, you could have a better idea of the ICs/overclocking capabilities.. otherwise they are really not worth the premium over similar 2Gig sticks.

Wish we could put a figure on how high the Transcend stuff could overclock, but apart from guesses/experiences, there's NEVER a confirmed figure for overclocks!
However if they are user experiences from a *recent* batch of Transcend sticks, you could make the dive and be just as lucky

You usually need to over-volt sticks a notch for higher overclocks, and thats when they tend to heat up. For mild overclocks, they can stay pretty cool. Again this is not a hard and fast rule, and depends on the ICs being used.

Crazy_Eddy said:
Overclocking Transcend RAM is a vague topic, since it depends on the ICs being used on your RAM sticks. The ICs being used can vary quite often, so its always a hit-or-miss affair.
The Corsair XMS2 modules aren't guaranteed to overclock well either. It depends on the model/revision you're sourcing, as that would tell you .. yep, you guessed right .. the IC's that are being used on them once again.

That being said, how high are you intending to overclock? Even with 800MHz Transcend sticks that do not overclock at all, you can still manage a mild overclock to 3.2GHz keeping your FSB:RAM ratio at 1:1.

Crazy_Eddy said:
I think Prime are the official dealers of G Skill.

Prime's one of them; :p

Many stocks G.Skills these days; :)
rockfella said:
No, it aint that cheap even now gannu.

Errrm what??? :S 3.25k did u look through those threads???

Apex said:

Ummm the value series from both of them would easily fetch around 2k odd; so it'd be better if u can source these locally; :D

I've got a quote of 3.5k + VAT for the Corsair VX450 from the local dealers/distributor. :p

Now, tell me which one is a better choice?

G.Skill DDR2 F2-6400CL5D-2GBNQ 2GB (1GB x 2) 800Mhz @ Rs. 2400.00 (5-yr Warranty)

OR

Corsair DDR2 TWIN2X2048-6400 C5 2GB (1GB x 2) 800Mhz @ Rs. 2850.00 (10-yr Warranty)

Apex said:
I've got a quote of 3.5k + VAT for the Corsair VX450 from the local dealers/distributor. :p

Now, tell me which one is a better choice?

G.Skill DDR2 F2-6400CL5D-2GBNQ 2GB (1GB x 2) 800Mhz @ Rs. 2400.00 (5-yr Warranty)
OR
Corsair DDR2 TWIN2X2048-6400 C5 2GB (1GB x 2) 800Mhz @ Rs. 2850.00 (10-yr Warranty)

I say buy Corsair for easy warranty :)

where are you getting the gskills from.?

if its via prime/mumbai i'd go with udi's suggestion.. will be easier to claim local warranty rather than ship to mumbai

yup...i'll be gettin it via prime or itwares.

apart frm warranty related issues, are those corsairs worth the extra 450 price tag?

Also, can anybody tell me why those Gecube 4850s are priced higher than Palit 4850s? Although they are both reference cards and should be the same, does the Gecube version have anything extra in terms of accessories or software included? :S

Other than warranty i dont think theres any negative in getting the gskill. if warranty aint an issue for you, then get them..

you can easily run them at 800@4-4-4 at 1.8v. dont think you'll need anythin extra the corsair might offer..(dont think it offers anything in the first place.)

nd abt the 4850

nah.. nothing extra that ive heard of about the bundle..

from amarbir's post in his dealer section thread, it seems that gecube is being positioned as a slightly higher end brand by the distry.. hence the premium over palit.

just get whichever is cheaper.. it wont make a difference to you. :)

Back