Confused between iPhone 15 vs S23

So when is a good time to get the S23 and it's variants then?

The smaller S23 battery compared to the S20FE makes me prefer the S23 plus instead.

Hmm.. Seems the S23FE in India is exynos unlike the US variant
In Oct/Nov sale, you might get S23 for 35-40k for the 128GB variant. But my point was that upgrades in phones are marginal if you already have a good 30-40k phone now, like S20FE. I saw S23 128GB under 55k some time back.

I hate the big size of phones, hence size of S20FE is easily a con, same applies for S23+. I have observed that I drop it much more frequently vs my previous phones, S8, Z3 Compact, Nexus 4, etc. But if size is fine, S23+ will indeed have a better battery backup.

S23FE Snapdragon version has 8 Gen 1, which is made at Samsung fab. So not a good SoC, along with S888 or Tensor of Pixel.

In Oct/Nov sale, you might get S23 for 35-40k for the 128GB variant.
OK, so still a few months left to save up. Without SD card slot these days minimum size I would look at is 256GB
But my point was that upgrades in phones are marginal if you already have a good 30-40k phone now, like S20FE. I saw S23 128GB under 55k some time back.
My idea is to buy and keep for later if no SD option appears in future galaxy models. So far only the S24 ultra has the SD chip. The S20FE has been great so far and easily good for a few more years.
I hate the big size of phones, hence size of S20FE is easily a con, same applies for S23+. I have observed that I drop it much more frequently vs my previous phones, S8, Z3 Compact, Nexus 4, etc. But if size is fine, S23+ will indeed have a better battery backup.
Dropped mine many times but that's what a decent case is for. S20FE phone size is comfortable for me.
S23FE Snapdragon version has 8 Gen 1, which is made at Samsung fab. So not a good SoC, along with S888 or Tensor of Pixel.
Ah, this is a miss then. The S24FE has not shown up yet

Last edited:
So when is a good time to get the S23 and it's variants then?

The smaller S23 battery compared to the S20FE makes me prefer the S23 plus instead.

Hmm.. Seems the S23FE in India is exynos unlike the US variant
Yes, only S23, 23+,23 ultra get the 2nd Gen snapdragon.

No brainer, iPhone 15 or better iPhone 15 Plus, for 10k more, get even bigger battery and bigger screen. For long term use makes perfect sense, 5 years is nothing I personally believe it will be able to work for 9-10 years (with good care). I have a 6S from 2015 still going strong after 4 battery replacements.

OK, so still a few months left to save up. Without SD card slot these days minimum size I would look at is 256GB

My idea is to buy and keep for later if no SD option appears in future galaxy models. So far only the S24 ultra has the SD chip. The S20FE has been great so far and easily good for a few more years.

Dropped mine many times but that's what a decent case is for. S20FE phone size is comfortable for me.

Ah, this is a miss then. The S24FE has not shown up yet
256GB should indeed be the minimum storage for flagships. Also IMO S24 with 7 years of OS updates should have had 12GB RAM.

Buy & keep for later is a poor decision money wise. You either not buy it or just upgrade it during the sale this year.

If the size of S20FE isn't an issue, there's no issue for you IMO. There are other good "big" phones, like OP 12R. I agree software isn't as good as One UI but still a very good package overall. Since I want a compact phone, my options are very limited. Xiaomi is behind the curve in the software dept. now, BBK has improved itself at least.

IF S24FE gets 8 Gen 2 with 7 years of OS updates like S24 series, then it will be great choice, easily a better choice than S24+, heck will be a much better value over S24U even. But I doubt that will happen, I feel Samsung will use an exynos chip. Samsung doesn't realise the long term harm it is doing. I have seen people upgrading from S21/Pixel line to iPhones, those people will never again buy android again because the battery life is noticeably better & less heating.

256GB should indeed be the minimum storage for flagships. Also IMO S24 with 7 years of OS updates should have had 12GB RAM.

Buy & keep for later is a poor decision money wise. You either not buy it or just upgrade it during the sale this year.

If the size of S20FE isn't an issue, there's no issue for you IMO. There are other good "big" phones, like OP 12R. I agree software isn't as good as One UI but still a very good package overall. Since I want a compact phone, my options are very limited. Xiaomi is behind the curve in the software dept. now, BBK has improved itself at least.

IF S24FE gets 8 Gen 2 with 7 years of OS updates like S24 series, then it will be great choice, easily a better choice than S24+, heck will be a much better value over S24U even. But I doubt that will happen, I feel Samsung will use an exynos chip. Samsung doesn't realise the long term harm it is doing. I have seen people upgrading from S21/Pixel line to iPhones, those people will never again buy android again because the battery life is noticeably better & less heating.
Size is an issue. He just want 6.1 inch that's why he is considering them. Iphone 13 mini is not sold new anywhere.otherwise he would've gone for it. Asus is also not launching zenfone series here.

AirPods Pro 2 has better ANC transparency and much much superior mic quality.
Much much superior mic quality you will only get with Voyager series or with headsets with a boom mic not with TWS.

AirPods 2 Mic test

Galaxy Buds 2 Pro Mic test

Both have internal mics and can cancel external noise to a certain extent. Listen yourself and see if there really is that much of a difference.

Then ask whether the AirPods markup is worth it.

My friend is confused b/w iphone 15 vs s23.
What should he go for. Please suggest
It’s entirely a personal preference based answer.
Folks who still think that ios is a limited OS or ppl who buy it do it for show off are seriously misled..
and so are those who think that a s23 is inferior in any way to the ip15.

both are truly great phones and both will comfortably last 3+ years without a battery change .. or 5 with a battery swap.

As for longevity, The likelihood of the iphone exhibiting slowdown after a few years is lower based on past precedence and the processing overages available on the A series chips.

While the samsung (and by extension android) will feel more familar upfront to anyone used to the classical hierarchical file system model used by windows .

Either way, can’t go wrong with any of these two

Go with S23.

256GB of storage as base is huge selling point.

Notifications are handled much better on Android as well.

Oh the iPhone keyboard does not have a number row.

Background tasks limited to 10 min(?) or something. I have to keep my iOS phone active for YT videos to download. Not the case on Android.

If one uses third-party Bluetooth earphones calls don’t get automatically routed to them. Huge L. This behaviour can be fixed in ‘accessibility’. I think.

Emulators and much better FOSS application support on Android.

Personally I am on the edge to convert back to Android land, but I have a M1 Air which has been excellent and the little ecosystem features are decent.

Much much superior mic quality you will only get with Voyager series or with headsets with a boom mic not with TWS.

AirPods 2 Mic test

Galaxy Buds 2 Pro Mic test

Both have internal mics and can cancel external noise to a certain extent. Listen yourself and see if there really is that much of a difference.

Then ask whether the AirPods markup is worth it.
Bhai, when I had the AirPods Pro 2, my colleague got the S23U + Buds 2 Pro. We did extensive testing and what I say is not based on watching off YT videos.
  1. Buds 2 Pro definitely has better audio quality (music). If one likes a tad bit of bass, B2P is a clear choice.
  2. B2P works better across ecosystems, APP2 has better integration with devices in same ecosystem. if one does not own Apple devices, stay away from APP2. This is an absolute shame.
  3. Controlling using stems is much better (I had Blaupunkt TWS without stem and if I tap on it a bit, the seal would loosen) but the flush design of B2P is better if you are lying on bed.
  4. AirPods Pro 2 noise cancellation quality is next only the Bose QC Earbuds 2. APP2 are scary silent and I never turn on full ANC when on road.
  5. I do not like the Adaptive noise cancellation of APP2 that came out recently, needs lot more fine tuning. This is the feature where you get full ANC when there is nothing around you but you get little bit of transparency mode turned on (like 10-20%) when there is vehicle approaching. It is irritating and I always go with transparency when walking on road or full ANC when walking in park or on footpath.
  6. There is one amazing feature that comes in iPhone. You can limit audio output in decibels, instead of using % of max volume. Whatever you play will never cross that level. Let's say that phone can output max of 200db audio (just saying). When I set limit to 75db, at max volume, phone outputs 75db. At 50% volume, it outputs about 37db. I had set it to 75db (the lowest possible setting). Be it on phone or earphones or headphones, audio that comes out of the phone is limited to max of 75db even if I crank the volume to max.
  7. Microphone of APP2, when it gets really noisy does not make your voice sound completely different. I am not talking about wearing while riding a bike. DONT DO THAT, it is not at all safe. I am talking about places like canteen where it gets supremely noisy. Looks like Apple tuned it really well to suppress human noise and noise from engines like airplane engine. Call from APP2 was much cleared compared to what you get with B2P. Then there is the case of traffic noise. Both were good but the difference is in how APP2 mic managed to keep the voice identical to actual voice. Airplane noise suppression for APP2 is amazing, but I could only compare in-flight noise cancellation with that of APP. There is massive difference. This is one test where I have no idea how B2P is (in airplane or noisy bus).
  8. Transparency on APP2 is clearly at much better level. Earlier Samsung had unique feature where when the wearer starts speaking, it would turn on transparency but with iOS17, the same feature is available on APP2.
  9. APP2 has better battery life but B2P has better charging options. You can charge the case using reverse charge feature of some Android phones. With APP2, you have to find a charger. Only once was I in a situation where battery almost drained out. I usually charge the case once in a week (my calls are about 3 hours per day). One Friday, I had to travel and I forgot to charge the case. As I was traveling, I had the external charger with me. This is the kind of instance where I would really love to have reverse wireless charging support. Given how long the battery of iPhone 15 pro max or S24 Ultra lasts, ability to charge TWS case using phone is major plus point.
  10. Spatial Audio on APP2, especially of those that are recorded using supported hardware is unmatched. I hate Spatial Audio in Apple Music though, I never turn it on in Apple Music. For movies, it is mind-blowing.
Is it worth paying extra for APP2 over B2P? It does not matter. If you are going to use Apple device, going for B2P is not recommended. if you are going to use Samsung devices, getting APP2 is absolute waste of money. Integration is horrendous. But if one is not going to use these premium features like superior ANC and transparency and Spatial Audio etc, even a 5k TWS would do.

With iOS 17, Apple has made voice isolation so good that even without ANC or TWS, there is amazing noise suppression that is done by software. This is amazing given that it helps the person on other side of call get clearer audio from your side.

I remember Samsung had something called Voice Focus but don't know if there was a wide rollout of this feature.

Would be glad to test these again with someone who has B2P. Colleague moves to different org and given that both buds got lot of upgrades and tuning, a fresh round of testing is warranted.

Last edited:
Bhai, when I had the AirPods Pro 2, my colleague got the S23U + Buds 2 Pro. We did extensive testing and what I say is not based on watching off YT videos.
That guys tests are the best you will find on the topic of voice quality in the real world.
  1. am talking about places like canteen where it gets supremely noisy. Looks like Apple tuned it really well to suppress human noise and noise from engines like airplane engine. Call from APP2 was much cleared compared to what you get with B2P. Then there is the case of traffic noise. Both were good but the difference is in how APP2 mic managed to keep the voice identical to actual voice. Airplane noise suppression for APP2 is amazing, but I could only compare in-flight noise cancellation with that of APP. There is massive difference.
This is what I wanted to demonstrate in those videos. How does your voice sound to the caller. Not much difference.
Is it worth paying extra for APP2 over B2P? It does not matter. If you are going to use Apple device, going for B2P is not recommended. if you are going to use Samsung devices, getting APP2 is absolute waste of money. Integration is horrendous. But if one is not going to use these premium features like superior ANC and transparency and Spatial Audio etc, even a 5k TWS would do.
This is the thing, with iPhone APP2 or earlier is the only choice. On the subject of voice quality he tested neckbands in the 2k range and with the exception of wind on the bike they were better at noise cancelation than both APP2 & B2P. Of course you don't get the other features.
Would be glad to test these again with someone who has B2P. Colleague moves to different org and given that both buds got lot of upgrades and tuning, a fresh round of testing is warranted.
Doubt there will be much difference.

Am speaking only about mic quality. Not getting into other features. Transparency on BP1 gives you super hearing if that matters.

Last edited:
That guys tests are the best you will find on the topic of voice quality.

This is what I wanted to demonstrate in those videos. How does your voice sound to the caller. Not much difference.
With APP2, not much difference but with B2P, there is difference.
Doubt there will be much difference.
I can say that for APP2, lot has changed in last one year. ANC got better but the major difference is addition of features like adaptive transparency, speak to disable ANC, conversation awareness. There is one new feature that was recently added called Background sounds. For those with tinnitus, silent room makes tinnitus noise pronounced so I can enable gentle background sounds. This does not require another application. Say I wanted absolute silence from surroundings and I turned on ANC. Now that increases tinnitus noise. I can now enable gentle noise like rain or air or beach waves or stream and set decibel level. I had set to 3db and it feels so good, especially 'stream' sound. This is controlled from the control center. I do not use it much though I have Tinnitus as I am pretty much used to it (one of the reasons why I love headphone safety feature that comes in iPhone as it protects my ears from having further damage).
Am speaking only about mic quality. Not getting into other features. Transparency on BP1 gives you super hearing if that matters.
I had LG Tone FP5 earlier which used to over-do transparency to the level that it is very disturbing, especially when I used to go for cycling. Transparency on APP2 is just the right kind of balance. I wish Apple tunes adaptive ANC better so that I can put on ANC and it does better job as enabling transparency when a vehicle is approaching.

Say I wanted absolute silence from surroundings and I turned on ANC.
This is the ironic thing. The better the ANC on any headset the worse your voice sounds over a call. Your voice ends up being muffled.

Did you notice a difference in voice call quality with ANC turned off?
I had LG Tone FP5 earlier which used to over-do transparency to the level that it is very disturbing, especially when I used to go for cycling. Transparency on APP2 is just the right kind of balance. I wish Apple tunes adaptive ANC better so that I can put on ANC and it does better job as enabling transparency when a vehicle is approaching.
I've not had much need for transparency and can't speak more about it.

My issue with these headsets is they cost an arm and a leg but can't deliver better voice quality with ambient noise suppression than a neckband at 2k. The kind that a lot of delivery guys use. Maybe that's a limitation of the form factor
what I say is not based on watching off YT videos
Yeah well, what you linked below is the usual low standard we get from most you tubers.
He tests in a quiet room :banhappy:

Last edited:
This is the ironic thing. The better the ANC on any headset the worse your voice sounds over a call. Your voice ends up being muffled.

Did you notice a difference in voice call quality with ANC turned off?

I've not had much need for transparency and can't speak more about it.

My issue with these headsets is they cost an arm and a leg but can't deliver better voice quality with ambient noise suppression than a neckband at 2k. The kind that a lot of delivery guys use. Maybe that's a limitation of the form factor

Yeah well, what you linked below is the usual low standard we get from most you tubers.

This is not true for Airpods though..
Apple deserves a lot of criticism for valid things.. e.g. They rarely have the kind of fancy features that their android counterparts add by the bucket loads...
But one thing they do excel at is at getting the basics right for whatever feature they do add.

And While you cannot compare APP mic audio quality with boom headsets , they truly do excel for calls for the listening party as well.
FWIW, the list of TWSs (non apple) that i haveused and tested is very long. Many well reviewed TWSs ended up being atrocious for the calling party while a few (notably Pixel buds and Sony Link buds) are decent to acceptable.
However the APP largely nails the far end audio quality.

As for neckbands, decent ones will end up being better than TWSs simply because of the Mic's proximity to the sound source yielding a higher Signal to noise ratio (SnR) and as you rightly said, the form factor of TWSs is designed for convenience and thus comes with a natural limitation

My friend gifted his wife an iPhone 13 few years back & she was excited at first (her previous phone was android). But later she found that she can't just download any file type & forward it to someone else on slack/email/WA,
Err, no.. Who says you can't?
sorry, but seems to be a case of user error more than anything else

Last edited:
I would personally not consider both of them but instead buy a iphone 14 pro, brand new international ones are available around 90k in the local market. I dont think i can live with less than 120hz display in 2024.

Shared this to show how to enable setting. Apologies for being lazy to take screenshot or screen record. I tested it by calling wife from a noisy road. Then we did the opppsite as she too is using iPhone. It works as advertised. The diffference between setting on and off is pretty clear.
It does not for APP2. Probably Apple is using Neural engine effectively to drain out exact frequencies. Also, my phone would not respond if someone else says hey siri unless I say it. This could be a reason why Apple is able to effectively drain out noise and not muffle voice to the extent of changing it. This won’t work when there is strong headwind unless the mic is very close to mouth. One of the reasons why the wired Apple AirPods have stunning mic quality. It beats the APP2 to shame in every environment.l (talking strictly about voice, not ANC)

Last edited:
Back