Confused between Motorola Defy and Samsung Galaxy SL i9003

rusty4ever

Disciple
guys really confused between these two I almost bought motorola Defy but it was out of stock and then galaxy SL arrived on flipkart for preorder. I like Defy's looks and build quality and design, this is where Samsung galaxy SL sucks. 1 Ghz proccy, 720p recording are positives. I am not sure if 4" display is positive feature as it increases dimensions. I own Samsung galaxy i5700 now and looking forward to upgrade. so my question is how much difference SGSL +200mhz proccy can make over Defy.

ranjan2001 said:
Yes filpkart also has it, last week when I was about to order from them they increased the prices to 19900/- so i was forced to look at other options, now they show 19499/-
Alfa which is a very popular cellphone store in Mumbai is selling the Galaxy S LCD for 19.5k whereas the regular Galaxy S (SuperAMOLED) is available with them for 20.5k :O

Personally, I would spend the extra 1k and get the SuperAMOLED Galaxy S.

Correct me if I am wrong but Samsung Galaxy i9003 has SUPER CLEAR LCD i.e. SC LCD and NOT SUPER LCD i.e. SUPER LCD, SUPER CLEAR LCD is nothing but the normal LCD found on similar phones...also as read somewhere in reviews Defy has better display than galaxy sl....

Defy has better display than galaxy sl..

No way, I checked both before buying. Samsung super clear lcd wins in clarity but I wanted to buy defy bcoz of its ruggedness its very attractive to me atleast but later got to know its running 2.1 & might get an update this summer, price was almost similar for both hence I opted for I9003.

Even I'm in the same boat. And to make matters worse, Samsung Galaxy Ace is looking good too for the price point.

Flaws:

Galaxy Ace: Video Recording sucks, No adobe flash support

Galaxy SL: Cant expand SD card memory, no LED flash

Defy: Android 2.1, And considering amount of time Motorola is taking just for releasing 2.2 its possible that 2.3 might never be released for this phone.

Eagerly awaiting SE Xperia Neo. Anyone know when it will be launched?

Even I'm in the same boat. And to make matters worse, Samsung Galaxy Ace is looking good too for the price point.

Flaws:
Galaxy Ace: Video Recording sucks, No adobe flash support
Galaxy SL: Cant expand SD card memory, no LED flash
Defy: Android 2.1, And considering amount of time Motorola is taking just for releasing 2.2 its possible that 2.3 might never be released for this phone.

Eagerly awaiting SE Xperia Neo. Anyone know when it will be launched?

Back