Congress seems to have a big lead!!

how bout maran ?

..cant rember the name of the current one is it raju ?

but there is bound to be a reshuffle so cant say atm.

hmm interesting read.

I was almost sure that congress will come back in power looking at the mess Left created before elections.

But I just want to point out one thing to the people who think congress is secular.

In fact so far the congress has been the devil when it comes to secularism. They pretend to be secular, and actually do nothing for the so called minorities. This is the party that basically takes votes of 30-35% of people for granted because they know that they wont vote for like of BJP and SS / MNS and does nothing for them in reality.

The only hope I have from congress is in the form of Rahul Gandhi. I am really hopeful that this person would do something to change this sick mentality of congress which like it or not have won them 2 elections in a row.

This is the biggest reason for the pathetic performance of BJP. Many educated people voted for congress thinking they are voting for a secular party.

Most minority people voted for Congress fearing BJP.

Most constituencies that were with left voted for Congress because left parties dug up their own grave.

Mayavati dug her own grave.

Rajasthan voted against BJP because of cast issue.

So to really sum it up, we have a congress lead govt which did very little to deserve this success. But to their credit, the other parties were stupid enough to let them have it this easy.

In fact they also wasted crores of public funds with the mobilisation of the armed forces at the borders! And wasn't the terrorists responsible for most of the recent attacks released in Kandahar with full govt. honours?

exactly...one statement of "All options are open" wud have been sufficient.and re: kandahar issue...wasnt an all party meet held to disscuss it and finally nda decided let go the terrorists free...dont forget the hijack happened in a foreign land and the aircraft was taken to a terror den...and relaionship b/n afghan and pakistan was very good then...

what abt the talk of upa not giving into terrorists during mumbai mayhem...i remember digvijay singh saying terrorists had a few demands and govt didnt even listen to it....and promptly this was was completely rejected by the home minister a day later...that is the level to which this "all options r open" party can stoop to...only good thing for india is that pakistan itself is in turmoil to continue its evil works in india...this upa govt is totally inept at safeguarding its citizens....

just watching the tv during first phase elections was a horrendous experience with all thenaxal menace spilling over....5 more years to go...lots and lots of time to repent for the folks who voted for congress...

Naga said:
Humour me, but what exactly did BJP do as a Govt. regarding the so called anti-hindu communities and Pakistan? As far as I recall, the only thing they did officially was tone down their rhetoric against the minority communities and started having their thinking sessions(chintan bhaitaks or some) in air conditioned tents! In fact they also wasted crores of public funds with the mobilisation of the armed forces at the borders! And wasn't the terrorists responsible for most of the recent attacks released in Kandahar with full govt. honours?

Pls refresh and correct my memories.
again congress talking points. atleast BJP got Pakistan to shut up atleast for a while with mobilizing the army. why do you think Infiltration was down? and Oh! the ethnic cleansing of Kashimir Pandits happened during Congress govt.
under the congresss govt India was th most atacked country after Iraq (sourceL TOI)

Naga said:
Supporting a party and ideology is one thing. Making lame ass comments such as it's ok to bash up ppl at pubs just cos some injustice was done to ppl belonging to the same community (the ppl getting bashed up were also of the majority community) is gonna make you look lame assed.

A govt should be elected for development. Some BJP ruled states are doing good. Highlight that and shut us pseudo-secularists up. Don't spout half assed propaganda and rhetoric.
looks like you didn't read what i posted right. one wrong never justidies another.
nope. that pub instance was by nutjobs of ram sene who didn't have anything to do with BJP infact they had candidates fighting the BJP in Dakshin Kannada. anaything with sene in it isn't automatically the BJP :p

spindoctor said:
modi also has experience in genocide, unlike anyone else in india. is that a plus point too?

Do you have an evidence or a judgment declaring him the perpetrator of the crime? Care to share it with the rest of us?

Modi is not god. He cannot make people kill each other until and unless they really want to. Stop blaming one person for all your hatred, anger and evil deeds and accept the truth that humans are not exactly angels.

On a different note: I could blame deaths of a million people and the plight of Kashmiri pandits from the region on Nehru and his uber-idiotic policies. The same could be said for 1962 Sino-Indian conflict when a lot many brave soldiers lost their lives because of one delusional idiot PM that Jokerlal Nehru was.

Beside, Godhra was not the first riot of its kind in this country. But this was the first time the whole mess was blamed onto the sitting CM of state. Wonder why? Is Rajiv Gandhi is to be blamed for 1984 riots? Maharastra and UP CMs were not blamed for 1992 Bombay riots and 2006 Aligarh riots respectively.

Joel Toms said:
I dont know why everyone gets really mad about the fact that gandhi family gets the leading posts in the country..

Its not like they are behaving like monarchs who go around telling everyone to come lick their feet..

Not one member of the Nehru-Gandhi family has served this nation like the British monarchs did/do. Why didn't Rahul join our armed forces or administrative services to prove himself for a change? But why go through all that hassle when the intellectual "aam junta" will elect him PM sooner or later, regardless of his abilities and eligibility!

"Sirf naam hi kaafi hai."

kippu said:
hahahahaha bikey ...good one there , and yea a person talking about politics with a swastika siggy .. another irony there

You remind me a lot of my ex-girlfriend. Often did she pay more attention to boring, drab colors of my shirt or choice of shoes and hairstyle than to what needed her attention the most at the moment.

Focus more on what's being said. Judging people by their avatars and signatures is better left to people who have nothing to add anything productive to the process.

hehehe, I tried to stay away from this thread for far too long

Know what folks, the final tally is what counts.....
The BJP lost (and for good IMO) :eek:hyeah:

And all the ranting going on in this thread (or elsewhere) doesn't change it

Our Nation got what it deserved (MMS at the helm of affairs), and I for one am mighty pleased about it :hap2:

superczar said:
And all the ranting going on in this thread (or elsewhere) doesn't change it

The same goes for the mindless mob supporting quasi-monarchical governance in this country. But that is to expected when majority is illiterate and certainly not intellectual enough to weigh-in the pros and cons of their decisions.

And you ought to respect others' Freedom of speech. Not everyone is conformist and institutionalized beyond hope. Thank you!

Yamaraj said:
The same goes for the mindless mob supporting quasi-monarchical governance in this country. But that is to expected when majority is illiterate and certainly not intellectual enough to weigh-in the pros and cons of their decisions.

They are intellectual enough to shun Lalu/ Ram Vilas in Bihar & SP/Mayawati in UP... Hell they are intellectual enough to ignore hate mongering of BJP since a long past... They tried it with little success in this election as well but people are sadly fed up of it....

They simply choose like bikey said.... Talk to the Hand... :rofl:

Yamaraj said:
And you ought to respect others' Freedom of speech. Not everyone is conformist and institutionalized beyond hope. Thank you!

A mirror is needed here... If you insist... :rofl:

superczar said:
exactly, and that very freedom gives me the right to term the pseudo non conformist blabber on this thread a rant :lol: :rofl:
Mind if I say you're trolling now?

There's no need to offend others. If you cannot hold an argument in a civilized manner -- without resorting to attack and flame others, please keep out.

HailStonE said:
They are intellectual enough to shun Lalu/ Ram Vilas in Bihar & SP/Mayawati in UP... Hell they are intellectual enough to ignore hate mongering of BJP since a long past... They tried it with little success in this election as well but people are sadly fed up of it....

They simply choose like bikey said.... Talk to the Hand... :rofl:
The same people were apparently intellectual enough to keep Laloo and his wife instated on the throne for 15 years, you say? Ram Vilas still holds the Guinness record of winning by the widest margin of votes. And on what ground? Casteism. And the same band of intellectuals voted NDA to government back in 1998. How convenient for you to selectively pick examples to suit your silly argument!

Yamaraj said:
The same people were apparently intellectual enough to keep Laloo and his wife instated on the throne for 15 years, you say? Ram Vilas still holds the Guinness record of winning by the widest margin of votes. And on what ground? Casteism. And the same band of intellectuals voted NDA to government back in 1998. How convenient for you to selectively pick examples to suit your silly argument!
Lolz. Now you are being a TROLL.... What was happening in that era in the political scenario when one after another coalition govt. were failing.. They had to choose NDA...

But then something horrid happened & why do you think they did not choose NDA for a second time if they were so exceptionally good.... :p

HailStonE said:
Lolz. Now you are being a TROLL....

If rational reasoning is now equivalent to trolling, I'd happily be one.

HailStonE said:
What was happening in that era in the political scenario when one after another coalition govt. were failing.. They had to choose NDA...

If this is an example of how good you were at mathematics in school, I'm a little disappointed.

Why couldn't they just choose Congress? Why only NDA?

HailStonE said:
But then something horrid happened & why do you think they did not choose NDA for a second time if they were so exceptionally good.... :p

List five exceptional achievements of the past MMS/UPA government and you'll figure out why they were elected again. Well, even one will do.

PS: It's really enlightening to see members skipping reasonable questions and jumping guns for personal flames. It would be far more productive and civil if you kept your personal beliefs, anger and hatred out of this. I'm equally capable and good -- if not better -- at these, so let's call it even.

ronnie_gogs said:
@lol at the Indian Neo Nazi...

Halt den Mund

Very eloquent, indeed!

If yours be a testament to the collective average level of intelligence here, it's not worth arguing at all. Sing praises for your queen mother and crown prince and go back to playing with your gadgets.

Back