Core 2 duo is in da house

Well RIo,none of my business but dont you think you are taking a much bigger risk by buying that board till all the issues are sorted out ? I have nothing against the board,just that after paying such a hefty premium,if there are still glitches,i dont like it.....

As I said, fingers crossed... < 25% of the boards seem to be having trouble. Keep in mind there are no issues if you don't OC so it's a good board nevertheless... if it turns out to be faulty, I'll run at stock until something better comes along.

Should I change my mind, which board should I consider for my E6700?

It's just not on top of my list because the D975XBX is Intel's first stab at an overclocking board, and from preliminary results the P5WDH comes out on top, however, there are these weird issues popping up that is a concern. My board list is P5WDH > AB9 Pro > D975XBX.

RiO said:
It's just not on top of my list because the D975XBX is Intel's first stab at an overclocking board, and from preliminary results the P5WDH comes out on top, however, there are these weird issues popping up that is a concern. My board list is P5WDH > AB9 Pro > D975XBX.
Gigabyte P965 DS3 > all of those in my opinion ;)

Board comes day after tomorrow so i'll let you know :)

Wait a while Rio, why r u in such a hurry to get it anyway. Personally i feel the Gigabyte board seems to be the best and the price is unbeatable. Also why do u want an E6700? :S Just get the E6600 and put the $200 saved to better use. With OC'ing it dosent matter much which one you get.

KITT i had a doubt regarding the performance of the Conroe with different memory. could you do some tests with regard to how it performs with different memory speeds at timings. Like say the performance at DDR2-533, 667 and 800 all at the same timings and also one more test with the same speed(say 667) and different timings. more emphasis on real world tests. thanks in advance.

hunt3r, I don't want to be FSB-limited with a 9x multiplier on the E6600. Secondly, I've decided on the P5W because it has reached 450fsb unlike others... < 25% of the P5W's have issues going beyond 380fsb but I'll take my chances. With other boards retailing today, I'm sure to be limited to < 400fsb.

Got some things in the posts today...

I guess working for a computing magazine has its benefits ;)

I'm currently running some tests on the P5W DH Deluxe and will do a clean install of XP and test the DS3 in around an hour :)

^^ Nice...

Post the max FSB you can reach with that mate :).

Sad part is, you have an Allendale, i guess you'll touch 500FSB. Wish you had a conroe though. Still confused here :|.

Finished installing XP about half an hour ago on the DS3. But now its 11.40 pm, and i'm tired. I'll benchmark it tomorrow.

Here's a pic of my workbench:

Back