Health & Fitness Corona is in full swing and its not Joke !

Update regarding my Mother who got Vaccinated yesterday morning: Today morning she had a slight pain in her left arm where she got the shot. She was drowsy during the daytime but post lunch and a nap she felt back to her normal self.

No fever or malaise.

How can it be not when the damned imbeciles have stopped wearing a mask, wait, never bothered to wear them, and using sanitiser is like unthinkable. This is what happens when you cannot think with brain (for the lack of having it at first place) but with the hanging part only.

@red dragon

what would be a good vaccine ,the center does provide an option to choose between covishield and covaxin.well Our family doctor stopped practicing on the onset of covid as she is herself into 70`s

Mothers age around 64 , thyroid, cholesterol and hypertension.
father age 74 , has been operated for Empyema in October 2020 and High blood pressure no other ailments.He has recently taken pneumococcal and flu shots.

What other precautions should consider or should i play the wait game ?

Both Covishield and Covaxin are possibly useless for anything. Going by the rise of cases in India...it's not second wave, it's still first wave ( given ICMR serial number was not mandatory for 3-4 months to do a PCR)

Both Covishield and Covaxin are possibly useless for anything. Going by the rise of cases in India...it's not second wave, it's still first wave ( given ICMR serial number was not mandatory for 3-4 months to do a PCR)
It's not that the vaccines are ineffective, it's more to do with the fact that many people, at least in Mumbai and Navi Mumbai, have mostly stopped taking precautions about covid. I hear the same from my friends about Delhi, Bangalore and Pune as well. Also till now, the vaccines haven't been opened to the general public, only to specific vulnerable groups. Vaccination to the general public starts early next month, with people of ages 45 and above being eligible for it. I'm expecting a steady decrease once that is in effect.

Also a bit off topic: My college campus was to reopen in early April, and for this we had got confirmation in late Feb itself. But due to the sharp spike in cases over the last 3 weeks, even that is cancelled now. ****ing covid took the last part of my first year and the entire second year with it. **** everyone who still goes for non-essential purposes outside their homes. I have seen so many of my peers partying and travelling freely, especially those who are richer. i was so pissed when we got the email about the college administration deciding to cancel the return; i was looking forward to this from such a long while. more than a year just wasted, no friends etc, just sit in front of laptop all day and go to sleep. i hate this routine and these darn online classes.

How can it be not when the damned imbeciles have stopped wearing a mask, wait, never bothered to wear them, and using sanitiser is like unthinkable. This is what happens when you cannot think with brain (for the lack of having it at first place) but with the hanging part only.
Couldn't agree more. I asked my local grocery shop guy why he doesn't wear a mask and he's like there's no COVID and all. I asked my friend (who's studying CS Engineering in SRM) and he too doesn't wear a mask. Asked why and he said that he doesn't care. If he is affected, he gets affected.

I asked my friend (who's studying CS Engineering in SRM) and he too doesn't wear a mask. Asked why and he said that he doesn't care. If he is affected, he gets affected.
My college is near Chennai and it is because of people like these that our campus reopening cancelled. **** these people who just care for themselves and never think about anything else. this callous attitude will prove harmful sooner rather later and I have a feeling that many of us will pay the price for it

My college is near Chennai and it is because of people like these that our campus reopening cancelled. **** these people who just care for themselves and never think about anything else. this callous attitude will prove harmful sooner rather later and I have a felling that many of us will pay the price for it
Soon, I guess. :( It's only a matter of time.

For scheduling the second shot, how can I make sure that it is of the same vaccine as the first shot? The app only gives a list of hospitals nearby.

Also a bit off topic: My college campus was to reopen in early April, and for this we had got confirmation in late Feb itself. But due to the sharp spike in cases over the last 3 weeks, even that is cancelled now. ****ing covid took the last part of my first year and the entire second year with it. **** everyone who still goes for non-essential purposes outside their homes. I have seen so many of my peers partying and travelling freely, especially those who are richer. i was so pissed when we got the email about the college administration deciding to cancel the return; i was looking forward to this from such a long while. more than a year just wasted, no friends etc, just sit in front of laptop all day and go to sleep. i hate this routine and these darn online classes.
Feels bad man. I was lucky enough (no, not really) to spend the last few days of first sem offline. I 100% agree with you on everything. The idiots who go and travel aren't helping slow this down. You know what's worse? When I had to go to college, 14 people tested positive but the college still went ahead with classes (offline, I mean.)

When I had to go to college, 14 people tested positive but the college still went ahead with classes (offline, I mean.)
Wtf dude that's atrocious. No ****ing wonder the no of cases are increasing again. Things had improved considerably by Jan, but it's almost as if people thought covid will disappear in 2021 and covid reared its head again to prove them wrong. Add to that the lackadaisical attitude of state governments by remvojng lockdowns and restrictions from Jan-Feb onwards, the writing was on the wall. They probably thought vaccines are rolling out so releasing restrictions may have been fine, but it seems they didn't take into account that the rollout is in phases. Had the restrictions been in place till April, when the actual mass rollout of vaccines begins, maybe we wouldn't have had this surge.
But then again maybe not, who's to say.

Back