Health & Fitness Corona is in full swing and its not Joke !

Drop a pm to me with all your queries.
@JMak & @red dragon

start new thread like Auyrveda Know How, as user, my & others reply/post (personal experience) may be helpful for BOTH of you and may be for NEEDY one also.

Note: 'Punarnava Ark' can treat various chronic issues related to Liver/CKD, it is said that Punarnava rejuvenate Liver and Kidney.

Not any particular query, want to learn about the basics..MOA of these herbs, indications, contraindications...any book I can download or buy..things like that.
For example we have Harrison's textbook of medicine ( it's kind of a Bible to is)..what's the equivalent in Ayurveda?
Sent you a pm...
The books i have recommended will give you basic knowledge and if you want somewhat advanced knowledge of ayurveda...
You need to look for books on Drvya Gun aka ayurveda pharmacology plus pharmacognosy if you really want to learn about the single herbs

Sent you a pm...
The books i have recommended will give you basic knowledge and if you want somewhat advanced knowledge of ayurveda...
You need to look for books on Drvya Gun aka ayurveda pharmacology plus pharmacognosy if you really want to learn about the single herbs
Hi, kindly PM me too

Sent you a pm...
can you PM me the recommendations too, please?

Yes, I need the pharmacology book for single herb with mechanism of action, indications, side effects
Well the principles of ayurveda are not that simple...
To understand how they work ( which tbh isn't as easy as you find in allopathy)
You need to familiarize with the Ayurveda principles of herbs which is totally different from that in allopathy..

In ayurveda pharmacology its pretty easy to understand (provided you have the knowledge) but if you want them explained in the modern pharmacological principles then it's not at all easy, may be yet to be deciphered properly.

According to ayurveda three doshaas or humors or tridoshas are the controlling factors of the body, their imbalance or vitiation leads to all the diseases ultimately.

Each individual has a different constitution with respect to these three doshas and hence no two individuals can be treated with same way...

@red dragon
During cold months you should have: Shilajit/Ashwaghandha/Safed Musli/Kaunch ke beej with hot milk twice a day for no more than 90 days.
Vit-D , Fish Oil, garlic extract/circumin+biperine should also be consumed on a fairly regular bases. All these taken regularly should change your insides.
Horrible side effects : Strong immune system high sex drive anti ageing and better results in the gym and bed and many more ;)
Well the principles of ayurveda are not that simple...
To understand how they work ( which tbh isn't as easy as you find in allopathy)
You need to familiarize with the Ayurveda principles of herbs which is totally different from that in allopathy..

In ayurveda pharmacology its pretty easy to understand (provided you have the knowledge) but if you want them explained in the modern pharmacological principles then it's not at all easy, may be yet to be deciphered properly.

According to ayurveda three doshaas or humors or tridoshas are the controlling factors of the body, their imbalance or vitiation leads to all the diseases ultimately.

Each individual has a different constitution with respect to these three doshas and hence no two individuals can be treated with same way...
I have heard of this but never got into it. How to find my dosha?

Last edited:
A strange thing happened to me years ago, after my father passed away in 2008, had to shave my hair and beard completely.
Now from then on the new hair ( specially the facial hairs) has turned completely brown. No one could tell me why...few were brown before now everything is and the color is getting lighter everyday...it's not getting grey as I have few normal grey hair already. My mom had brown hair and I had a few before, buy now it's very different. My vit D levels are fine, its just the hairs are loosing pigments. Dermatologists are clueless, they even did a bunch biopsy to look for early vitiligo, but it's not ( though my skin is also slowly loosing pigments)
It's no big deal as there's no functional problem...just curious ( went through a battery of blood tests in 2018 including mitochondrial disease and few rare others) everything were normal or negative.
How do you guys know so much about Ayurveda!!??

Last edited:
A strange thing happened to me years ago, after my father passed away in 2008, had to shave my hair and beard completely.
Now from then on the new hair ( specially the facial hairs) has turned completely brown. No one could tell me why...few were brown before now everything is and the color is getting lighter everyday...it's not getting grey as I have few normal grey hair already. My mom had brown hair and I had a few before, buy now it's very different. My vit D levels are fine, its just the hairs are loosing pigments. Dermatologists are clueless, they even did a bunch biopsy to look for early vitiligo, but it's not ( though my skin is also slowly loosing pigments)
It's no big deal as there's no functional problem...just curious ( went through a battery of blood tests in 2018 including mitochondrial disease and few rare others) everything were normal or negative.
Could be due to stress/trauma.
I actually discovered it by chance. In 2017 I twisted my wrist doing some dumb stuff. My mom had Shilajit at home and suggested me to have it (Shilajit is sold as a SAX TAANIC but it has a lot of other benefits!) So I had it as mom knows best hehe. The pain .. to my surprise decreased rapidly .. i 11 days it was 99% gone, 12th day I was on my bullet off to work without much pain. This got me very curious and I started digging. Since then I have been on/off on Ayurveda specially during winters I have them. Tremendous side affects ;)

Yes, possibly both stress and trauma...we know so little about human body..I had a lot of deep seated mental issues back then ( not even aware of them)..carried them for years..in fact started healing from 2015...I completely owe my life ( and present much calmer state of mind) to my partner.
Quitting drugs was just the first step of a life long healing process, I was drug free for 10 years in 2015, but was completely bankrupt spirituality. The shame of past addiction etc. ( and not being open about it) were eating me alive every second.
She was the first person to tell me it's perfectly fine to be imperfect, there is nothing shameful to have a chronic disease of addiction ( Knew the theory of 12 step program, but never really understood it) and most importantly to live in present and taking one day at a time, one moment at a time. And most importantly the crazy concept of self love, self acceptance without being selfish and self centred.

[tldr - for your own health and financial well being please do not* use any health supplement or ayurvedic xyz herbal formulation unless:

a) it is traceable back to the original source - i.e. the farm where herbs were grown and the labs, manufacturing unit where the ingredients and end product were processed.

b) those farms, manufacturing units have verifiable, independent and reputable third party audits for quality and process flows.

c) they preferably have a clean track record - i.e. no product recalls due to serious quality lapses or run-ins with regulatory authorities. /tldr]

Sorry for the seemingly abrupt and intrusive nature of my posts. Was planning to create a seperate thread about traditional - ayurvedic - alternative medicine, supplements etc. but the draft is just sitting as a word document on my desktop. It's getting drawn out and lengthy plus proper referencing is turning out to be a time consuming affair, hopefully something will be ready in a couple weekends.

Meanwhile here are two more examples of what an absolute mess the processed foods, dietary supplements, alternative-traditional medicine, ayurvedic-herbal concoctions industry is in (it's a feature not a bug*):

a) "CNN Health - Leading [US] baby food manufacturers knowingly sold products with high levels of toxic metals, a congressional investigation found.

The clincher? "Whether the baby food was organic or not did not matter, the subcommittee found -- levels of toxic metals were still high."

b) Accredited degree programs and Board Certified "MDs" peddling snake oil and jungle juice?
Ditching Naturopathy for Real Science (w/ Britt Hermes)

@red dragon : except some few exceptions most research papers and data about herbal/ ayurvedic bioactive compounds and their pharmacological effects suffer from poor setups, questionable designs, absence of baselines, misrepresentation of outcomes and lack of peer review. The unfortunate teutonic shift towards number of publications and citations determining the future funding, as against meaningful quality, in all research fields in general, hasn't helped the matter.

@quakze : unfortunately most single herb powders aren't toxicologically clean either.

*PS: Source of my babbling? Fifteen years personal experience in manufacturing supply chains including healthcare - and batchmates' experience in various MNCs across all continents, excluding Antartica : p

PPS: Two genuine preliminary queries to the proponents of ayurvedic concept of doshas (or energy balance in traditional Sino medicine) - Why can these doshas or balance not be measured or explained by quantum physics or modern biology/chemistry/medicine? Why isn't gold in any form assimilated by the human body nor found to be a part of any biochemical process in the human body? Thanks.

Last edited:
Please create a thread when time permits. It can be a interesting topic of discussion.
I went through some online resources on Ayurveda, and honestly speaking ( I may be biased also, due to my training in modern medicine) the absolute core of Ayurveda seems to be fragile ( no logic...just some statements and their explanation...which is often unnecessary as the statements themselves are self explanatory)
But I may be reading rubbish as it's difficult to differentiate for me.

India is supposedly doing amazingly well compared to other countries in both new cases and in number of deaths. Lower rates of obesity and stronger immune systems are being cited for it.

India is supposedly doing amazingly well compared to other countries in both new cases and in number of deaths. Lower rates of obesity and stronger immune systems are being cited for it.
That is what a doctor friend told me.. we apparently have stronger immune systems .. god knows what the facts are though.

@red dragon , indian ayurvedic drug coronil (initially sold as immuno booster) has got some sort of approval by WHO as a medicine against covid ,and they claim that they have submitted some research paper as well could you have alook , is it a bluff or it has something substantial.

not boasting about my country , but want to verify the claims by some genuine third party personnel

Back